Mindful of history, Mormon Church reaches out to minorities

Feb 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

Brian Grant, with the Anacostia Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, helps perform \"A Special Destiny\" which features stories about African American pioneers on their trek to Salt Lake Valley.

Comments
1 - 20 of 57 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
fedupwiththemess

Manassas, VA

#1 Feb 19, 2012
Black folks don't take that bait to this cult.
sfcanative

Palo Alto, CA

#2 Feb 20, 2012
There is ONE token male of African descent in a leadership role within the Mormon church hierarchy out of the 104 white men running the business empire of LDS, Inc. More than half of the LDS membership live outside the U. S., mostly Latin American countries. Where are they proportionately represented in the leadership? Does the Mormon god only call Caucasian MBA's and attorneys to lead his/her multinational real estate development corporation? Anyone have an advanced degree in theology? Anyone? Click on the photos, see for yourself; a retired airline pilot, a resident surgeon to care for all of the elderly men, a nuclear physicist and about 100 attorneys and MBAs run the show of Mormonism. It's every bit LDS, Inc. and just enough religion to keep the IRS happy. http://www.lds.org/church/leaders...
fedupwiththemess

Manassas, VA

#3 Feb 20, 2012
mormon cult with false prophets and teachings.

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

#4 Feb 20, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
It's 2012 and you are seriously gonna try to dog out other peoples' faith like that?

What if one of them visited Atlanta on a vacation...and drove past Dr. King's old church with a disgusted look on his face, saying "Baptist cult with false prophets and teachings!"?
fedupwiththemess

Manassas, VA

#5 Feb 20, 2012
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 2012 and you are seriously gonna try to dog out other peoples' faith like that?
What if one of them visited Atlanta on a vacation...and drove past Dr. King's old church with a disgusted look on his face, saying "Baptist cult with false prophets and teachings!"?
I am not dogging out anything. Whats right is right and whats wrong is wrong and the mormon cult is wrong and you know it.

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

#6 Feb 20, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>I am not dogging out anything.

Whats right is right and whats wrong is wrong and the mormon cult is wrong....
Okay... can you please do two things for the forum?

1. Prove that it's a cult.

2. Prove that our Christian brothers in the Mormon denomination are wrong.

Thanks.
Election 2012

Washington, DC

#7 Feb 21, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
It's already been proven that Scientology is the one true religion.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#8 Feb 21, 2012
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay... can you please do two things for the forum?
1. Prove that it's a cult.
2. Prove that our Christian brothers in the Mormon denomination are wrong.
Thanks.
OK...do you worship john smith(mormon) or JESUS(savior)...#2 is the book of mormon in the bible? Does the bible make reference to this made up book? NO.#3 where in the bible does it state to baptize dead saints?
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#9 Feb 21, 2012
Election 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's already been proven that Scientology is the one true religion.
Correct. it is a man made up religion. It has nothing to do with GOD.
Wake Up

Homer Glen, IL

#10 Feb 21, 2012
Kind of like the religion of the progressives today, who believe that the government is the God ... and obey, and you will learn to like it....... "Nothing is more dreaded than the National Government meddling with Religion." John Adams
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Correct. it is a man made up religion. It has nothing to do with GOD.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#11 Feb 21, 2012
mormon religion is a cult religion.
Election 2012

Washington, DC

#12 Feb 21, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
Kind of like the religion of the progressives today, who believe that the government is the God ... and obey, and you will learn to like it....... "Nothing is more dreaded than the National Government meddling with Religion." John Adams <quoted text>
Get off the phone you big dope!
Wake Up

Homer Glen, IL

#13 Feb 21, 2012
Thank me!
Election 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Get off the phone you big dope!
fedupwiththemess

Manassas, VA

#14 Feb 21, 2012
The mormon cult does not accept black folks.

“I Love My Life!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#15 Feb 21, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
The mormon cult does not accept black folks.
I know quite a few black Mormons. One happens to be my brother. What would you mean accepting blacks?
Giggs

Maidenhead, UK

#16 Feb 21, 2012
Many people believed Joseph.....

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB
fedupwiththemess

Manassas, VA

#17 Feb 21, 2012
Married with children wrote:
<quoted text>
I know quite a few black Mormons. One happens to be my brother. What would you mean accepting blacks?
Hurry and get him out of that cult. Read the history of mormons. It is in the book of mormon about blacks being an abomination. Read it.
fedupwiththemess

Manassas, VA

#18 Feb 21, 2012
Married with children wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is your brother following a cult lead by joseph smith? He is not in the bible.

“I Love My Life!”

Location hidden

#20 Feb 21, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Hurry and get him out of that cult. Read the history of mormons. It is in the book of mormon about blacks being an abomination. Read it.
Too late. He has been in it for years. He is married and has four kids. They ate a great family. I wouldn't know where to begin. I wouldn't want to change him, because he is such a good Husband and father. We grew up in Utah believe it or not. I know all about the religion. I can't say I agree with much, but I grew up catholic and don't agree with that much either. I would put those two religion in the same category.

“I Love My Life!”

Location hidden

#21 Feb 21, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Why is your brother following a cult lead by joseph smith? He is not in the bible.
I would say my brother knows the bible better than most. Even though he also follows the book of Mormon, he considers himself Christian. He knows his bible. In fact, when I have questions, I ask him. He is not strange or weird. He is actually a stand up guy. His family prays every night, and his children are super respectful and thoughtful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anacostia Music Forum (Jan '13) May '14 Musikologist 7
Police identify man fatally shot in Southeast o... May '14 po knee gah 1
Vice admiral retires from the U.S. Coast Guard ... May '14 Shirley 2
Man fatally shot on street in Anacostia Apr '14 jose 1
Kim shoots 62, leads by 1 at Greenbrier Classic (Jul '11) Jul '11 Leon 45 Jones 1
Smith: Remembering Vietnam vets 35 years after ... (Apr '10) Apr '11 Jim 7
celebrate recovery (Apr '11) Apr '11 danny dolan 1
•••
•••
•••

Woodland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Woodland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE