Official: Suspect criticized group be...

Official: Suspect criticized group before shooting

There are 4 comments on the WTOP-FM Washington story from Aug 15, 2012, titled Official: Suspect criticized group before shooting. In it, WTOP-FM Washington reports that:

A man suspected of shooting and wounding a security guard at the headquarters of a Christian lobbying group on Wednesday made a negative reference about the organization's work before opening fire, a law enforcement official said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOP-FM Washington.

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#1 Aug 15, 2012
There are people who go too far on both sides of the aisle.

I recall a doctor who did abortions being shot and killed in his church a few years back.

I also recall so recent statements about wanting to round up all the gay people and lock us behind fences and until we die and some other preacher wanted the government to just kill all the gay people.

It's hard to take the high road all the time and some people just can't.

My thought are with the guard who was shot - he certainly didn't deserve that.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#2 Aug 15, 2012
The goal of any organization that panders to and promotes hate invites this type of response. I donít condone this behavior but blatant atrocities that continue to be perpetrated against Gay Americans have got to stop and I can certainly understand how someone could be tempted to respond in this way.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Aug 15, 2012
Family Research Council sits at #11 on the SPLC's Anti-gay terrorist-group hate-watch list:
1. Abiding Truth Ministries (Scott Lively)
2. American Family Association (Tim Wildmon; Bryan Fischer)
3. Americans for Truth About Homosexuality (Peter LaBarbera)
4. American Vision (Gary DeMar)
5. Chalcedon Foundation (R. J. Rushdoony)
6. Christian Anti-Defamation Commission (Gary Cass)
7. Concerned Women for America (Beverly LaHaye)
8. Coral Ridge Ministries (Robert Knight)
9. Dove World Outreach Center (Terry Jones)
10. Faithful Word Baptist Church (Steven Anderson)
11. Family Research Council (Tony Perkins)
12. Family research Institute (Paul Cameron)
13. Heterosexuals Organized for a Moral Environment (Wayne Lela)
14. Illinois Family Institute (Laurie Higgins)
15. Liberty Council (Matt Barber; Peter LaBarbera)
16. Mass Resistance (Brian Camenker)
17. National Organization for Marriage (Maggie Gallagher; Robert George; Brian Brown)
18. Traditional Values Coalition (Lou Sheldon; Andrea Lafferty)

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#4 Aug 16, 2012
Every group, majority or minority, has its' whacko fringe. This is no different. I saw it in the equal rights fights of the 60's. You can only push any group to a certain point before someone does something like this. If the suspect is guilty, I don't condone his actions, but I certainly do understand his frustration.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Child-care workers in D.C. would get more time ... Nov '17 USA Today 1
Free Stuff Oct '17 Justin 1
News Virginia Statehouse Race Pits 'Bathroom Bill' A... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Marine's father responds to Supreme Court decis... (Mar '11) Apr '17 Teana Trump 36
News Amid controversy, Devin Nunes returning to Fres... (Mar '17) Apr '17 Paul 2
News Here's How Two Former Marines Started a Success... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Texxy the Indepen... 1
News Married lesbian Baptist co-pastors say all are ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Palin s Turkey Th... 1

Shaw Jobs

Personal Finance

Shaw Mortgages