Supervisors, LAUSD join rebuke of Ari...

Supervisors, LAUSD join rebuke of Arizona's immigration law

There are 210 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jun 1, 2010, titled Supervisors, LAUSD join rebuke of Arizona's immigration law. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Two Los Angeles governing boards Tuesday officially joined a list of cities, counties and community groups that have slammed Arizona's tough new immigration law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Emanon

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jun 1, 2010
Is this the same LAUSD with over 50% dropout rate?
The same school district that employs racist latino teachers, who preach about reconquist and atzlan? who call white people evil and frail?

lol... The legislators and the mentality like that of the lausd is gonna create a HUGE flight out of california as it sinks into 3rd world status..... then they will be begging the government for bailouts and welfare... sorta like the environment they created with the citizenry....

LAUSD is an abysmal failure..... and the california is not far behind... and they decide to boycott arizona... then that tells me Arizona is doing something right.
Crazy world

Torrance, CA

#2 Jun 1, 2010
I had a robo call from Zev today endorsing a candidate that he said would work to protect the taxpayers. I am not seeing a whole lot of protecting of the taxpayers by these people. I proceeded to call their office and let them know that I appreciated the call so that I knew who to definitely vote against. I will call all of the others tomorrow who have voted for the Az. boycott who want my vote for the candidate they are endorsing on June 8.
douglas

West Hollywood, CA

#3 Jun 1, 2010
the people who wants the boycott arizona have a conflict of interest because 2 of the r minorities so if arizona guts off the lifeline to calofrnia u would 4 all that and u the spervisors will fit the bill oh by the i have experienced at county hospitals across this county that illigals get more services than some of us that were born here expain that 2 me 1 on 1 no where in the law does it mention or condone discrimination prove me wrong where in the law does it say that word for word prove it

Since: Jun 09

North Hills

#5 Jun 1, 2010
I along with hopefully of thousands of other will boycott buying anything in LA city or LA County.

I will specifically not vote for the parcel tax to fund LA USD which is the school that prefers the illegals to residents.

Ventura County is very close to the vakkey and what it may take a little more gas to shop there I am in favor of boycotting Los Angeles and LA County and making sure LAUSD never gets one more sent of tax money
Teacher1

United States

#4 Jun 1, 2010
The Board of Supervisors and LAUSD don't get it...people are fed up! Don't punish Arizona for enforcing the law...that is ridiculous! Arizona's governor is finally what this country needed to wake politicians up! We are tired of not being represented by politicians who are supposed to have the will of the people at heart. Take a look at the polls...you are NOT representing the will of the majority. Put Americans FIRST!
the truth

Pacific Palisades, CA

#6 Jun 1, 2010
Hope you stupid democrats get raped and murdered soon so you will then become outraged enough to think clearly. Hope when your rich friends home burn down again this year from some illegal tossing a cigarette into the woods the Arizona firefighters will alow all of LA county to burn down. And the stupid school board bastards are also losing sympathy when gang banger are spitting in your ignorant faces.
I will protest my inept elected officials and encourage all county taxpayers to not send in their property taxes. I pay for illegals to go to school and have no children, so screw all of you limp-wristed liberal clowns..led by the master moron Barry Obama. May you all die at the hands of a criminal illegal!
Freedom now

Murrieta, CA

#7 Jun 1, 2010
In a CNN Poll conducted over the weekend, 82% oppose boycotts against Arizona while 57% of Americans approve of Arizona's immigration enforcement law.

The poll, which questioned American adults rather than registered or likely voters, revealed the following changes:

•Those who want the number of illegal immigrants decreased went up three points in seven months to 76%
•Those who want all illegal immigrants expelled increased four points to 41%
•The split on whether immigration reform should focus on normalization or enforcement increased from 41/56 in December 2005 to 38/60 today
•Support for border fence went from a steady 45% over the last 4 years to 54%
•Support for stiff employer fines rose from 58% in 2006 to 71%
•Increasing federal agents at the border now supported by 88%, up from 74
Dan the Man

Placentia, CA

#8 Jun 1, 2010
Doesn't LAUSD have more pressing issues to deal with than wasting their tiime voting on a boycott of Arizona like how are they going to pay their bills. How come everyone is so quick to protect the rights of illegal aliens (undocumented workers) at the expense of law abiding U.S. citizens.
James

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jun 1, 2010
Pay back LAUSD incompetence (how hire racists and pedophiles). The LAUSD has FEWER students than every before YET they have increased their budget by billions while over 50% drop out... where is all this money going? UNIONS, not students.

Show LAUSD how you feel!

LA Unified School District Voters Only:
Measure E – VOTE NO

Tell them to stop sucking the taxpayer dry to fund their incompetence. We subsidize their failure, we get more of it.. NO ON MEAUSRE E
AN LA GUY

Fullerton, CA

#10 Jun 1, 2010
I am vry proud of my city, county and LAUSD. You so called "americans" are bullies. see if you guys will mow your own lawns or pick your own produce. Right. Latinos are taking away jobs you never did or will ever want to do. You are all a bunch of cowards. Get over it. We are not going anywhere. By the way Ken and Bob ARE UNION MEMBERS. They are just oo afraid to let you guys know. Its a union called AFTRA. They are just using you for hatred.( one even drives a caddilac)

more stimulating talk radio my CULO
WTH

United States

#12 Jun 1, 2010
what a joke, i guess they are hoping all the illegals from arizona come to Los Angeles. Drop rates will increase even more.
Crazy world

Torrance, CA

#11 Jun 1, 2010
Massachusetts is working on passing an incredible enforcement bill. Their bill encompasses anyone who does business with the state has to prove eligible work status of employees. This is huge because say a company like Fed Ex or UPS, would all need to comply. They also would remove all benefits to anyone not with legal documents. They are a pretty liberal state-the majority of the Massachusetts senate is Democrat-Scott Brown woke them up-overwhelmingly the Democrats voted in favor of it. Delayed reaction with Wash. and Ca. as to what the real temperature is. When Hollywood really feels it, or the restaurants (SEIU)they might start to believe it. Don't hold your breath though.
Enough Already

Inglewood, CA

#13 Jun 1, 2010
LAUSD, what do they know? County Board, holier than thou? Stop getting in the way. People are speaking. They are fed up. All states should follow suit. Illegal immigation has got to stop. Grrrr!
Taxpayer

Van Nuys, CA

#14 Jun 1, 2010
You criminal unionized state servants stop criminal action now. I fire you. Rule of Law must be applied- deport all criminals - illegal immigrants now.
All law must be executed today and all illegals must be deported today. In addition to it , all associated criminals must pay for damages: illegal welfare, schools,medicaid housing. Unionized public servants are serving foreign mafia - Mexico. I fire you now, our taxpayer money are spend on criminals . Take action now and fire all public servants and charge them with all cost of illegals.
Taxpayer

Van Nuys, CA

#15 Jun 1, 2010
Stop invasion of USA. Communist-Mexican government is invading and sending millions of peasant and criminals to loot USA in the same manner bolshevic-communist revolution was organized under communist Lenin.

Mexican government implementing communism/dictatorship in USA.
Mexican mafia is ruling in California. Public servants are corrupted in Califonia serving Mexico.

Fraud and looting is everywhere from mortgage to false ID, stolen identities, fraudulent welfare, Medicaid, schools, low income housing…

Mexican people should Start Mexican revolution in Mexico. Unite and protest in the front of Mexican government.

It is time to go to Mexico and start revolution, take over and stop poverty. They can do it.

Mexican government and other South American countries are creating monopolies
=communism/dictatorship/terror ism/crime =poverty and starvation.

All these monopolies must be broken up to restore competitive forces to create jobs and prosperity for their people.

Mexican government and others created communism and monopolies, creating crime, genocide and starvation. For example Carlos Slim is the richest men in the world,$53 billion at peoples expense.

70 % of telephone companies- monopoly is owned by Mexican government and all profits go to the richest men only- this is communism.

Richardo Salinas is the second monopolist sucking people's blood. Mafia corrupted mafia protecting drug dealers. Also there are other monopolies that are sucking people's blood in oil industry.

All protesters should protest in front of Mexican government or other government offices that are responsible for poverty. They should go to Mexican embassy and other offices to protest.

People should protest in front of Mexican government and offices.

Stop communism in Mexico.
Stop dictatorship in Mexico.
Stop crime, genocide and poverty in Mexico.
Stop government monopolies. Stop communism.

Stop creating instruction how to live in USA on illegal welfare and medicaid.
Stop false ID.
Apply the rule of Law. This is America and American rule of Law must be implemented.
Mexican people are responsible for own freedom and prosperity in Mexico. They should start revolution in Mexico, apply the laws and take back what was stolen from them by monopolies and government.

Implement balanced trade agreement , this is import=export to the mutual benefits.

Illegal Immigrants Facts:
1.More than 43% of all Food Stamps are given to illegals.
2.95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles for illegals.
3. Less than 2% of illegals are picking crops, but 41% are on welfare. Some are working in banks creating fraudulent mortgages for illegal immiigrants and looting banks.
“In October 2008, talk radio station KFYI reported that according to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, five million illegal immigrants hold fraudulent home mortgages.[108]”
Estimated damage = 2Trillion. This was done by extortions and protest organized by criminal Acorn- communist Bertha and other communist leaders like Van Jones, Jeremiah Wright , under leadership and finance of unions, Gorge Soros and associates, I believe.
4. More than 66% of all births in California are to illegals on Medi-Cal, paid by US taxpayers who can not afford own health insurance.
5. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties and Title 8 are illegals while Americans are losing jobs and homes. This year about 4 millions Americans will lose their homes due to foreclosure and economy collapse.
6. More than 39% of California students grades 1-12 are illegals . States are bukrupt now.
Property taxes are going up and up , people are losing houses because they can not afford to pay for higher taxes.
7. 75% of LA’s most wanted are illegals.
8. More than half of all gangs members are illegals.
9. US companies using illegals in 2005 profited over 2.36 trillion dollars at the expense of American workers.
10. US Taxpayers are paying for all illegals including their fraudulent Earned Income Cr.
Taxpayer

Van Nuys, CA

#16 Jun 1, 2010
SHOULD WE FOLLOW MEXICO'S IMMIGRATION POLICY?

Mexico has a single, streamlined law that ensures that foreign visitors and immigrants are:

in the country legally; have the means to sustain themselves economically;

not destined to be burdens on society;

of economic and social benefit to society;

of good character and have no criminal records; and

contributors to the general well-being of the nation.

The law also ensures that:

immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;

foreign visitors do not violate their visa status;

foreign visitors are banned from interfering in the country's internal politics;

foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;

foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported;

those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.

Who could disagree with such a law? It makes perfect sense. The Mexican constitution strictly defines the rights of citizens -- and the denial of many fundamental rights to non-citizens, legal and illegal.

Under the constitution, the Ley General de Poblacion, or General Law on Population, spells out specifically the country's immigration policy.

I think that all illegal immigrants from Mexico should apply own laws and deport themselves
John

Walnut, CA

#17 Jun 1, 2010
Arizona's new law is too soft. I would install mines field, and high voltage fence along the border with Mexico.
the old miner

Thousand Oaks, CA

#18 Jun 1, 2010
Careful what you idiots ask for..... you vote against the majority who favor the law
really

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jun 1, 2010
This is a total outrage. Why can't LAUSD and the City of LA mind it's own business and take care of the matters at hand?
They need to read the federal law as Arizona is a word for word duplicate.

I am tired of these freeloaders committing illegal acts by coming here. If we Americans cross into Mexico or any other country we would be jailed, possible shot at, fined and deported. But here they get rewarded! I say send them all back,. I am tired of the illegals over running the US and I have to pay for it!! Make sure they take all these immigration attorneys and immigration groups with them.
Taxpayer

Van Nuys, CA

#20 Jun 1, 2010
We should fire all unionized state servants. They are using our taxpayer's money for criminal activities.

Deport all illegal immigrants today. Were is the Rule of Law.

Barbarians out of state now.

All public schools must be liquidated.
People will be better off with no property taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News '19 Kids and Counting' co-star pregnant for sec... Feb 18 Texxy the Selfie Cat 2
News D.C. group goes from street gang to clothing st... Feb 1 terry 1
News Just in Time for the Womena s March, a DC Pop-U... Jan '17 25or6to4 1
News Boston takes parking lessons from L.A., Seattle Dec '16 Strike three 2
News Marine's father responds to Supreme Court decis... (Mar '11) Nov '16 Carmen Electras Ex 35
News Digesting the Michelin Guide Oct '16 ol grey box 1
News Protesters block streets in downtown D.C., dema... Oct '16 Clinton Kaine 2016 1

Shaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shaw Mortgages