Take Back the American Dream, Washington, DC

Oct 3, 2011 Full story: OP Ed News 13

What place is more appropriate to plan how to take back the American dream in 2012 on an 18-month agenda than Washington, DC, our nation's capital, heart of all of our dreams? The last time I attended this annual conference sponsored by the Campaign for America's Future , Take Back America was the catchy title.

Full Story
CONSERVATIVE

Cleveland, GA

#1 Oct 4, 2011
We'll start taking back the American dream NEXT NOVEMBER! Tea Party 2012!
notoorangeman

Hatfield, PA

#2 Oct 4, 2011
CONSERVATIVE wrote:
We'll start taking back the American dream NEXT NOVEMBER! Tea Party 2012!
You baggers can start giving back the American Dream right now. OBAMA 2012!
Wake Up

Bartlett, IL

#3 Oct 4, 2011
Housing prices have went down almost 40 percent since Obama took office, talk about destroying home ownership and the housing market. Our single most biggest investment of our lives destroyed under the Obama administration. Mortgages underwater, and foreclosures, so much for the American Dream. And what is the hope of the American Dream for our kids and grandkids with this overwhelming debt they must bear. How bleak is the outlook for the economy and and fostering job creation environment under the Obama administration. What they have done has not worked for the first two years of his presidency, the failed stimulus, the affordable car act, which is causing our premiums to rise upwards of 50 percent for 2012 including my families, the GM bailout, and more. And 55 percent of Americans do not think Obama deserves a second term today, who would have guessed. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/...
notoorangeman wrote:
<quoted text>
You baggers can start giving back the American Dream right now. OBAMA 2012!
Wake Up

Bartlett, IL

#4 Oct 4, 2011
Obama is admitting we are worse off than 4 years ago. So if you admit you have failed, do you think that will instill confidence to vote you in for four more years in this economy. I think their strategy is diffusing the bad economic news daily, but actually it reflects on the leader, after all he did say hope and change yes we can.
notoorangeman

Hatfield, PA

#5 Oct 4, 2011
Wake Up wrote:
Housing prices have went down almost 40 percent since Obama took office, talk about destroying home ownership and the housing market. Our single most biggest investment of our lives destroyed under the Obama administration. Mortgages underwater, and foreclosures, so much for the American Dream. And what is the hope of the American Dream for our kids and grandkids with this overwhelming debt they must bear. How bleak is the outlook for the economy and and fostering job creation environment under the Obama administration. What they have done has not worked for the first two years of his presidency, the failed stimulus, the affordable car act, which is causing our premiums to rise upwards of 50 percent for 2012 including my families, the GM bailout, and more. And 55 percent of Americans do not think Obama deserves a second term today, who would have guessed. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/... text>
Housing prices started dropping drasticly under Bush i know because i had my home appraised in '06 and early '08, but you people forget anything that happened before 1/20/2009. As far as jobcreation Obama has given in on a lot of what the republicans wanted,ex. they cried they needed the Bush tax cut extension i order to CREATE JOBS. NOT ONE JOB HAS BEEN CREATED by them, the extra revenue is in their bank accts. Now they cry they need other things. The auto company bailout SAVED MILLIONS of jobs not just with the auto companies but all the parts manufactorors who didn't have to shut their doors. PLUS ALMOST ALL OF IT HAS BEEN PAID BACK. But then again we will never hear that from a republican/baggers lips! And hey Sparky poll numbers don't mean didly at this point. If they did most of our Presidents would never get reelected. And W.Bush wouldn't have gotten elected in 2004 because around now people were starting to find out how he lied to get us into Iraq and cause the deaths of over 4500 of our soldiers.
Roger Edgar

Long Beach, CA

#7 Oct 4, 2011
Obama announces new campaign slogan to Geo Stephonopolis......" I failed miserably but I am all your family and your Country deserve". It is certain to play well in California. Not so much in the other 49 States.
CONSERVATIVE

Cleveland, GA

#8 Oct 4, 2011
notoorangeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Housing prices started dropping drasticly under Bush i know because i had my home appraised in '06 and early '08, but you people forget anything that happened before 1/20/2009. As far as jobcreation Obama has given in on a lot of what the republicans wanted,ex. they cried they needed the Bush tax cut extension i order to CREATE JOBS. NOT ONE JOB HAS BEEN CREATED by them, the extra revenue is in their bank accts. Now they cry they need other things. The auto company bailout SAVED MILLIONS of jobs not just with the auto companies but all the parts manufactorors who didn't have to shut their doors. PLUS ALMOST ALL OF IT HAS BEEN PAID BACK. But then again we will never hear that from a republican/baggers lips! And hey Sparky poll numbers don't mean didly at this point. If they did most of our Presidents would never get reelected. And W.Bush wouldn't have gotten elected in 2004 because around now people were starting to find out how he lied to get us into Iraq and cause the deaths of over 4500 of our soldiers.
Didn't you hear The Gaff Machine? He said to QUIT BLAMING BUSH! That's from the horses a$$! So start putting the blame where it belongs NOW, on nobama! What part of come next November we are going to kick nobama and co. out and put some REAL AMERICANS IN! Tea Party 2012!
notoorangeman

Hatfield, PA

#9 Oct 4, 2011
CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you hear The Gaff Machine? He said to QUIT BLAMING BUSH! That's from the horses a$$! So start putting the blame where it belongs NOW, on nobama! What part of come next November we are going to kick nobama and co. out and put some REAL AMERICANS IN! Tea Party 2012!
He said that the current Administration is the ones to blame now. I am not disputing that and i never said otherwise. What you repubican/tea baggers don't seem to understand is that no matter who is in charge now you can't change the fact that all of our problems started and have roots in the previous Administration the same people you want to put back in charge. So yes it is Bush's fault. Now you blame the current President for not straightening out the mess when you baggers stop him at every turn and those who we count on to create jobs are sitting on the money and reaping huge profits.
Wake Up

Bartlett, IL

#10 Oct 4, 2011
It will play out in Chicago fine, but not so outside of the city.
Roger Edgar wrote:
Obama announces new campaign slogan to Geo Stephonopolis......" I failed miserably but I am all your family and your Country deserve". It is certain to play well in California. Not so much in the other 49 States.
CONSERVATIVE

Cleveland, GA

#11 Oct 4, 2011
notoorangeman wrote:
<quoted text>
He said that the current Administration is the ones to blame now. I am not disputing that and i never said otherwise. What you repubican/tea baggers don't seem to understand is that no matter who is in charge now you can't change the fact that all of our problems started and have roots in the previous Administration the same people you want to put back in charge. So yes it is Bush's fault. Now you blame the current President for not straightening out the mess when you baggers stop him at every turn and those who we count on to create jobs are sitting on the money and reaping huge profits.
I'm calling BS on you. You've been saying it was Bush's fault up to the moment. I've repeatedly asked you to tell me when does this become nobama's economy, without an answer. Now I have my answer. I had to wait and get it from the gaff machine, but I got it. You even say in your post "Now YOU blame the current president..." You don't say "WE" No we don't want to give it back to those who helped create the mess. We want to give it to REAL FISCAL CONSERVATIVES. We haven't had one of those since Reagan. The ones who can create jobs aren't stupid. They are not about to start hiring people and paying the increased taxes nobama keeps promising to impose on them. Not to mention the regulations nobama care is going to cost them. There is just too much uncertainty. I don't blame them. The time of liberalism is at an end. How long do you think Americans are going to tolerate being unemployed? How long do you think they are going to tolerate their president creating class warfare to achieve his agenda? How long do you think they will tolerate watching America decline and their children having to live in a lesser America than the one they inherited? I'd say until November 2012! Tea Party 2012!
Roger Edgar

Long Beach, CA

#12 Oct 4, 2011
notoorangeman wrote:
<quoted text>
He said that the current Administration is the ones to blame now. I am not disputing that and i never said otherwise. What you repubican/tea baggers don't seem to understand is that no matter who is in charge now you can't change the fact that all of our problems started and have roots in the previous Administration the same people you want to put back in charge. So yes it is Bush's fault. Now you blame the current President for not straightening out the mess when you baggers stop him at every turn and those who we count on to create jobs are sitting on the money and reaping huge profits.
What you fools don't seem to understand is that Obama wasn't elected to spend four years crying about Bush. You and your kind do plenty of that crap.

We elected Obama to be the President. An Adult President who doesn't play the blame game like some 11 year old girl.
Wake Up

Bartlett, IL

#13 Oct 4, 2011
If he was a great president he would put on his thinking cap and work with Republicans to really try to create jobs by spending cuts, bring in more jobs by a zero corporate tax rate to attract corporations to the USA, but instead more government spending and another government program created ad nauseum. Bill Clinton crossed to the center after the election of the Republicans, Obama cannot do it, he has the Rules for Radicals Saul Alinsky book to follow. He could admire the tea party and see what he could incorporate from their principles of smaller government, and less taxation. He could foster an environment for job creation instead of hampering businesses with regulations, Obamacare, and taxes on small business, they do not know what the Obama administration will throw at them next. You see he is a Statist, he knows no other way but liberal spending and expanded government. Even kids do not whine to mom after 4 years that their sibling caused trouble four years before, he is a leader not a four year crybaby. Time for him to lead. In another year he will have had his chance to lead and if things do not change he will lose his chance with the election of different candidate, you see America is an impatient lot, and if you are unemployed four years of this agenda is more than enough of chance to prove yourself worthy of another four years.
notoorangeman wrote:
<quoted text>
He said that the current Administration is the ones to blame now. I am not disputing that and i never said otherwise. What you repubican/tea baggers don't seem to understand is that no matter who is in charge now you can't change the fact that all of our problems started and have roots in the previous Administration the same people you want to put back in charge. So yes it is Bush's fault. Now you blame the current President for not straightening out the mess when you baggers stop him at every turn and those who we count on to create jobs are sitting on the money and reaping huge profits.
hardcase

United States

#14 Nov 4, 2011
You people just wont grow up and wake up. The republican party and the democratic party and the tea party are all the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dupont Circle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cracked rail causing delays on Metro red line Sep 30 DC Cop 1
What 5 Former Secretaries of State Say About Wo... Sep '14 DC Cop 1
Learn French with results at the French Academy Aug '14 The French Academy 1
Romo, DC's most famous dog, is moving on Aug '14 George Clinton 1
Trans Woman Files Complaint After Being Called ... Jun '14 Holy Silicon Wafer 152
cheap Foggy Bottom apartment (near Watergate) Jun '14 Dylon Thomas 1
New Study Shows That Rats Prefer Cities With Lo... Jun '14 Pied Piper 3
Washington, DC Dating
Find my Match

Dupont Circle Jobs

Dupont Circle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dupont Circle News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dupont Circle

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]