Obama and wife dine out in DC

There are 236 comments on the The York Daily Record story from May 7, 2010, titled Obama and wife dine out in DC. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, went out for dinner on a pleasant evening in Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
fedupwiththemess

United States

#226 Jun 2, 2010
Rep wrote:
<quoted text>I have not complained. I just post to make you show your ignorance. It still works every time.
You keep on responding to me...showing your ignorance..ignorant azz.
Rep

Washington, DC

#227 Jun 2, 2010
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny, other nations over the centuries used Africans as slaves and still do in very remote parts of the world. The politicians in this country use racism to keep us divided. If we would all decide that race is no longer an issue, we could unite against the politicians and recover this great nation, molding it back into what it once was. The greatest nation on the planet, a shining example for others to follow. Our government officials feed on the hatred generated by their policies.
What's your point? Do you think these "victims" of racism like fedup are not contributing to keeping racism alive? I'm not the one to debate this crap with anyone. I'm mixed race myself, I'm not wealthy but I'm comfortable. One thing I've noticed through life, ANYONE willing to work and seek out a good life can find it in our great country. Do what I did. Learn a trade and be one of the best in your trade, and you will find that you can do the same things everyone else does, and go to the same places. In this day and age it's not the color of a persons skin, it's the thickness of a persons bankroll.
Rep

Washington, DC

#228 Jun 2, 2010
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>You keep on responding to me...showing your ignorance..ignorant azz.
Still working.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#229 Jun 2, 2010
Rep wrote:
<quoted text>Still working.
you still responding...can't control your outburst. You must be ADD for All Day Dummy.
2010 new congress

Morris, IL

#230 Jun 2, 2010
I swear before this election people got along better of all races. And now we are whitey, etc... C'mon is that the best they can come up with. And if someone ancestor was slave, it does not mean they are. They live in Freedom, although someone is trying to take it away. Just the same if your ancestor came over on a boat from a potato famine, it does not mean your starving......At first the Dems did not say anything after the election, because many white men voted Obama in and over the edge. But now many white men as well many independents, etc...have fallen away not seeing any hope and change. And then the emergence of the Tea Party and Townhalls and what do the Dems have, a huge problem on their hands. How can they minimize what is so large, We the People, enter the racism charge. Obama has stirred the racist pot and he keeps it going for his own benefit...And now anyone against is policies is a trumped up racist... This will backfire in the fall when the elections come up... not to mention the million other reasons to vote them out. LIke Joe the Plumber....spread your own wealth Obama..Many years of hard work is where it is at......I better watch out for the ss for posting this LOL......
Rep wrote:
<quoted text>What's your point? Do you think these "victims" of racism like fedup are not contributing to keeping racism alive? I'm not the one to debate this crap with anyone. I'm mixed race myself, I'm not wealthy but I'm comfortable. One thing I've noticed through life, ANYONE willing to work and seek out a good life can find it in our great country. Do what I did. Learn a trade and be one of the best in your trade, and you will find that you can do the same things everyone else does, and go to the same places. In this day and age it's not the color of a persons skin, it's the thickness of a persons bankroll.
CBOW

Reading, PA

#231 Jun 2, 2010
Rep wrote:
<quoted text>What's your point? Do you think these "victims" of racism like fedup are not contributing to keeping racism alive? I'm not the one to debate this crap with anyone. I'm mixed race myself, I'm not wealthy but I'm comfortable. One thing I've noticed through life, ANYONE willing to work and seek out a good life can find it in our great country. Do what I did. Learn a trade and be one of the best in your trade, and you will find that you can do the same things everyone else does, and go to the same places. In this day and age it's not the color of a persons skin, it's the thickness of a persons bankroll.
Of course, that was my point. racism remains alive because everyone feeds it. I already have a small business that I am CFO of. My company manufactures underground robotic systems. Only in this country, could I have gotten to where I am. So, I agree with you, anything is attainable if we strive, education is available to everyone, they have to be willing to go for it. Prosperity is in the eye of the beholder. Racism is simply a political tool.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#232 Jun 2, 2010
2010 new congress wrote:
I swear before this election people got along better of all races. And now we are whitey, etc... C'mon is that the best they can come up with. And if someone ancestor was slave, it does not mean they are. They live in Freedom, although someone is trying to take it away. Just the same if your ancestor came over on a boat from a potato famine, it does not mean your starving......At first the Dems did not say anything after the election, because many white men voted Obama in and over the edge. But now many white men as well many independents, etc...have fallen away not seeing any hope and change. And then the emergence of the Tea Party and Townhalls and what do the Dems have, a huge problem on their hands. How can they minimize what is so large, We the People, enter the racism charge. Obama has stirred the racist pot and he keeps it going for his own benefit...And now anyone against is policies is a trumped up racist... This will backfire in the fall when the elections come up... not to mention the million other reasons to vote them out. LIke Joe the Plumber....spread your own wealth Obama..Many years of hard work is where it is at......I better watch out for the ss for posting this LOL...... <quoted text>
So many racist whites came out due to hating our wonderful black president.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#233 Jun 2, 2010
Rep wrote:
I am NOT a victim of anything. It is still about a persons skin color in some instances...you have on blinders.
Rep

Washington, DC

#234 Jun 2, 2010
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, that was my point. racism remains alive because everyone feeds it. I already have a small business that I am CFO of. My company manufactures underground robotic systems. Only in this country, could I have gotten to where I am. So, I agree with you, anything is attainable if we strive, education is available to everyone, they have to be willing to go for it. Prosperity is in the eye of the beholder. Racism is simply a political tool.
Thank You!!! I'm so tired of hearing young educated people cry about being held down. All you have to do is WORK for it. The opportunity is there, you simply have to take advantage of it.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#235 Jun 2, 2010
Rep wrote:
<quoted text>Thank You!!! I'm so tired of hearing young educated people cry about being held down. All you have to do is WORK for it. The opportunity is there, you simply have to take advantage of it.
Why isn't your stupid azz working instead of being on Topix all day. LOSER.
Rep

Washington, DC

#236 Jun 2, 2010
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>I am NOT a victim of anything. It is still about a persons skin color in some instances...you have on blinders.
You seem to think your skin color has caused you to be denied something. You constantly play the race card or the slavery card. If you're not a victim of either one why do you rely on them so heavily?
CBOW

Reading, PA

#237 Jun 2, 2010
Rep wrote:
<quoted text>Thank You!!! I'm so tired of hearing young educated people cry about being held down. All you have to do is WORK for it. The opportunity is there, you simply have to take advantage of it.
Correct, anything worth having is worth working for. When you earn it yourself, it takes on a whole different value. I always refer to it as paying the dues.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#238 Jun 2, 2010
Rep wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to think your skin color has caused you to be denied something. You constantly play the race card or the slavery card. If you're not a victim of either one why do you rely on them so heavily?
You see that is where YOU are wrong. I have not been denied anything and don't feel that way at all. However I do know for a fact that racism exist and whitey dishes it out.
uhh

Hermitage, TN

#239 Jun 2, 2010
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>You keep on responding to me...showing your ignorance..ignorant azz.
Agree,your ignorant and not worthy of a reply,lol.
Rep

Washington, DC

#240 Jun 2, 2010
If you have not been affected by racism how could you know anything about it? Whitey? You are the same as that f**ker calling black folks the n word. Racism is racism.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#241 Jun 3, 2010
Rep wrote:
If you have not been affected by racism how could you know anything about it? Whitey? You are the same as that f**ker calling black folks the n word. Racism is racism.
Not affected...I didn't say haven't experienced it you stupid azz. Huge difference. See how stupid you are???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dupont Circle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Legal loophole in DC creates bizarre pot bazaar Sep 29 Xstain Mullah Fri... 2
News Orthodox rabbi to host - alternative Yom Kippur... Sep 27 USS LIBERTY 1
Review: Doran Model & Talent Agency (Mar '11) Aug '17 Anonymous 29
News D.C. police officer charged with robbing 15-yea... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Buck Wheat 1
News Candlelight vigil to be held in Washington for ... (Apr '17) Apr '17 GUESt 1
News Trump Just Fired Every Senior Manager at the St... (Jan '17) Mar '17 Aponi 21
Corrupt Deal Made between George Norcross and G... (Mar '17) Mar '17 RICO 1

Dupont Circle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dupont Circle Mortgages