First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Angry in Maynardville

Maynardville, TN

#1 Sep 20, 2012
What is it with the complete lack of respect and professionality in this region? First allow me to say that I was proudly born and raised in this county and for 33 years now(since my birth) I have been a resident of this county, I'm NOT an outsider! And it seems that anytime I go to look for anything in our area its not offered in our region or someone is rude! Today my fiancee(Union County residend for 11 years) and I went to Union County Department of Human Services and the complete lack of respect was appauling. Come on if your job is in Human service, where is the humanity?
So many times I've needed customer service in this area and been left short? I am so tired of the attitude that, "I am better than you are." And I want to challenge each of you in my county if you dont like the way we are treating you, speek out, ask for their supervisor, complain, lets take back our community!
Shame on you Union County Dept of Human Services! You know who you are!
citizen

Corryton, TN

#2 Sep 20, 2012
I do not blame you one bit. They get those jobs then forget they work for the public,and are suppose to be helping them.
well

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2012
Some people should not work in places that deal with the public. I myself wish i didnt. I hate it. But jobs are few and far between so cant quit.
narrow minded

Rutledge, TN

#4 Sep 20, 2012
Well, you used the word "work" in your post. I don't think that the original poster is looking for "work". Just a hand out.
bevis and butt head

Mount Juliet, TN

#5 Sep 21, 2012
narrow minded wrote:
Well, you used the word "work" in your post. I don't think that the original poster is looking for "work". Just a hand out.
Just how did you determine that the original poster was looking for a hand out? I read the post also and I don't see why this person was there. Why don't you google Tn Dept OF human services and see just what services they offer. I have visited DHS myself and though I am far from rich, I am very comfortable and retired 3 times over. I was not looking for a handout and I expected good service. You sure are NARROW MINDED. Must be one of those top 1% that thinks they are supporting the rest of the world.{I DON"T THINK the original poster was looking for work} BS, who cares what you THINK. I think you have been watching too much MITT.
bevis and butt head

Mount Juliet, TN

#6 Sep 21, 2012
INFO; for those that may be interested, Google TN dept of human services and click on Programs and Services. You will find around 24 services offered in that block alone and the majority of them are NOT hand outs but are services needed by many people. I had to visit DHS a few years back because of suspected abuse of a disabled family member. I ended up visiting 3 different locations in Knox county before I found the person I needed to speak with. Only than did I speak with a professional. Everyone else was rude, arragont, and down right care less, A++ holes. I was NOT there for a HANDOUT, although the people that were supposed to be providing customer service, like NARROWMINDED must have ASSUMED otherwise.
Nora

Knoxville, TN

#7 Oct 2, 2012
bevis and butt head wrote:
INFO; for those that may be interested, Google TN dept of human services and click on Programs and Services. You will find around 24 services offered in that block alone and the majority of them are NOT hand outs but are services needed by many people. I had to visit DHS a few years back because of suspected abuse of a disabled family member. I ended up visiting 3 different locations in Knox county before I found the person I needed to speak with. Only than did I speak with a professional. Everyone else was rude, arragont, and down right care less, A++ holes. I was NOT there for a HANDOUT, although the people that were supposed to be providing customer service, like NARROWMINDED must have ASSUMED otherwise.
I have also visited the DHS in Maynardville for my disabled son and the general attitude there seems to be "we're here because we're better than you and you should be grateful for anything we give you". I did complain to the supervisor when the "lady" at the desk actually looked my son up and down and said "he looks ok to me. what do you want? foodstamps or welfare?" ... NIETHER I said. I want your supervisor! Truth is, not that it's anyone's business, my son is severely mentally challenged and I was hoping to get help ,(because I am not rich) with his home care because I work 6 days a week. My son is a handful and he's grown so that makes it even harder and for some better-than-you BITCH at DHS to look down her large nose at him infuriated me.He is my world and no one will mistreat him in front of me!
So here's a question to all of you at DHS: Just exactly WHAT gives you the idea that working at DHS makes you better than me or my son??? You don't know what a person does for a living when they walk in the door. Yes I work very hard and I do make decent money . No, I'm not on any government assisstance and niether is my son. Home health care was my only issue but I took care of that onmy own as well so thank you very much for absolutely NOTHING. Furthermore, if a person is walking in that door for welfare, foodstamps or whatever it IS your job to help them not to look at them like they're something nasty stuck to your shoe!There are some people who fall on hard times and need help for honest reasons , not everyone is a free loader! If you don't like your job then quit! But wait... you might just end up looking for "handouts" as well. I bet if enough of us complain you may be in line behind my son mext time sweety.
GO NORA

Brentwood, TN

#8 Oct 2, 2012
In addition to what Nora said...You would NOT have a job if people didn't need "handouts" So your ass better be greatful for EVERY DAME FREELOADER and every other person that walks through that door!!!!
It absolutley disgust me that you could treat people like that, especcially a severly challenged person. You better be careful, you keep that "better than thou" attitude and you may get to experience what "needing handouts" is all about!!!
funny

United States

#9 Oct 2, 2012
Well you have to admit over half of this county is on foodstamps, welfare etc. And there are alot that do look like they are "able" to work. even some can they just dont want to! So if I were at DHS working especially in this county..and most of these people came in for just being lazy and trying to act disabled or crazy to get help and a check, i guess i would have an attitude to. Especially knowing i am working and my money is paying to keep their sorry azzes up!!
outsider

Corryton, TN

#10 Oct 2, 2012
Most of the UC citizens are that way-I call them IGNORANT-No problem for me-I spend all my money in Knox county-screw UC they don't need the revenue-not with that attitude!!!!!!!
Open your eyes

Knoxville, TN

#11 Oct 3, 2012
Some people do need help. I DO NOT think we should be grateful to freeloaders as you put it. They take big chunks out of our hard earned checks every week for a lot of healthy people to lay around and no nothing all day because they are to lazy to go to work. The freeloaders need to get off there A** AND GET A JOB.. Suport them selves so the rest of us can work and take care of our own families.
Nora

Knoxville, TN

#12 Oct 11, 2012
Open your eyes wrote:
Some people do need help. I DO NOT think we should be grateful to freeloaders as you put it. They take big chunks out of our hard earned checks every week for a lot of healthy people to lay around and no nothing all day because they are to lazy to go to work. The freeloaders need to get off there A** AND GET A JOB.. Suport them selves so the rest of us can work and take care of our own families.
Exactly! The freeloaders sit around and get paid for doing so. Meanwhile people like my son have to suffer and it takes ages to get them help because of these people that do nothing and expecting everything. Because of those people I have to worry every day what will happen to my son once I'm no longer here to take care of him.I'm the only real family he hasand the state can't afford to keep people like him in a home because the freeloaders are sucking up all the funds!
Facts

Knoxville, TN

#13 Nov 17, 2012
A lot of our elderly worked in a place that did not offer retirement benefits, and SS does not pay enough to live on after payng your bills...food goes up for the elderly the same as it does for everybody else. every month $100 or there abouts is held out for Medicare that ppl call free..also they call SS ppl welfare ppl..I assure you this is not anyones choice to be on food stamps unless they are just to lazy to work..SS is not welfare it is earned income paid into the government to subsidize retirement, but many have nothing coming in other than SS..I don't object to anyone receiving food stamps if they have worked and earned it. I further believe the applicants should be interviewed to see if the recipients have ever worked and paid anything in to the government before they are allowed food stamps..children should be fed regardless of what their parents do. I also believe the employees need to be reminded that there are many qualified ppl that would love to have their jobs because these we have need an attitude adjustment...they are total snobs, no good personality at all, never a smile, or friendly "may I help you", just a paper thrown in the window and tell you to fill it out, make an appointment and come back.
Anonymous

Sweden

#14 Nov 18, 2012
Facts? More like opinions.
mistake

Knoxville, TN

#15 Nov 20, 2012
everybody that works in that county has a job because of their family not their skills.
just a note

United States

#16 Nov 20, 2012
mistake wrote:
everybody that works in that county has a job because of their family not their skills.
BINGO..
Bill

Tazewell, TN

#17 Nov 20, 2012
You get what you pay for. I doubt if those employees make $15+ per hour. Anyone making less didn't get past high school which is the easiest school there is.
Economics 101: "From the age of 25 on, you should be earning twice your age in $$$ thousands."
Example: A 30 yr old should be earning $60K.

Anyone not doing so has no one to blame but their lazy uneducated self.
Anonymous

Sweden

#18 Nov 20, 2012
Seems like everyone in this thread is jelous of my flappy man tits
beavis and butt head

Knoxville, TN

#19 Nov 20, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Facts? More like opinions.
I read it as 99.9% facts and a couple of opinions or suggestions. Why don't you point out which statements ARE NOT facts ANYMOUSE. Or should that be MIGHTY MOUTH?
Anonymous

Sweden

#20 Nov 20, 2012
beavis and butt head wrote:
<quoted text>I read it as 99.9% facts and a couple of opinions or suggestions. Why don't you point out which statements ARE NOT facts ANYMOUSE. Or should that be MIGHTY MOUTH?
-OP is mad that my opinion differs.

-In general, an opinion is a subjective belief, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. It can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.[1] In casual use, the term opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. It may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

Collective or professional opinions are defined as meeting a higher standard to substantiate the opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Wallace of Wallace auto 23 min william 5
where is ben hopson (Dec '10) 6 hr Ptaerehsahh 20
For my best friend 6 hr END of WATCH 1
Ben Jr Mullins 9 hr Curious 1
Servey Oct 15 Dana 3
White Honda car Oct 15 Chris 2
Tax Evasion At Branson Farms Haunted Forest. Oct 15 Brandi 6
Washburn Dating
Find my Match

Washburn Jobs