Susan Raley

Knoxville, TN

#131 Nov 1, 2012
I am a concerned parent. My son was bullied and hurt too. Though his injuries were very minor, regardless the school ignored 6 reports before something happened. I am going to start a website for a petition mandating the state to adopt policies in all schools that will offer consequences to all teachers and staff who do not report every incidence of bullying, etc. I have actually began speaking with Senator Massie's office who is on board with this new law. I will post again when I have the site. I am going to do a blog through wordpress and use that for comments and signatures from all parents across the state. Perhaps if it okay with Shayla's parents, we could call it Shayla's Bill. If you wish to contact me you can email me at susie.raley83@aol.com. Please stand with me as we will begin to make history and begin to clear all of the dirt from all of the schools that they have swept under there. I am in Straw Plains and the same things are happening here. I will be your voice to the state if you will let me. The state needs to hear all of us in the petition I will create. Thank you all!
Concerned parent wrote:
I want to know what is being done about the girls who beat up another student so bad that she is in the hospital in critical condition with possible brain and vision damage because she kept getting her head slammed into a metal support post right outside the school office. Why are these 3 girls still students at this school? Why were they not expelled or taken to juvenile? Where was Sawyer, the resource officer, at during the fight? Prayers to Shayla for a speedy recovery and as a parent, I hope that the school and the police work together and not let Michaele Scearce and the other 2 girls remain at the school. The bullying has to stop!!
Susan Raley

Knoxville, TN

#132 Nov 1, 2012
Please come and see the petition I have created. It's at schoolpolicypetition.wordpress.com

I will be signing it in a few minutes telling about my son's incident. Please tell everyone you know who is a resident of Tennessee and if you agree with what I have written please sign it. I have found after much research that we have many policies in place, they just are not being followed. So we need a law to enforce the staff, teachers, administrators, volunteers, and contractors in our public schools to follow these policies or else they will face consequences of doing so. Let our voices ring so loud that they have to cover their ears! This petition is for the whole state. I want to be heard for the safety of our children...how about you?
thinker

Morristown, TN

#133 Nov 1, 2012
Lorie wrote:
I was told by my son that the girl who was beat may have to have eye and face surgery? Is this true? Plus he said that 3 teachers were caught on tape watching the fight.... But the tape mysterious disappeared???? Really?
One of two things has taken place here with your son. He has either been fed some incorrect information, or he just plain lied to you about the teachers. Please tell me how a student would know any credible information about any tapes? The truth of the entire incident will be made public soon, and if you are very much of a parent, your son will be taking a trip to the woodshed for some discipline himself. Anyone who would even think that teachers would just stand back and let something like this happen without immediately jumping in to break it up needs some serious mental evaluation. Come on Lorie...surely you have more sense than to give any thought that this might be true! Have you changed that much?
thinker

Morristown, TN

#134 Nov 1, 2012
Susan Raley wrote:
I am a concerned parent. My son was bullied and hurt too. Though his injuries were very minor, regardless the school ignored 6 reports before something happened. I am going to start a website for a petition mandating the state to adopt policies in all schools that will offer consequences to all teachers and staff who do not report every incidence of bullying, etc. I have actually began speaking with Senator Massie's office who is on board with this new law. I will post again when I have the site. I am going to do a blog through wordpress and use that for comments and signatures from all parents across the state. Perhaps if it okay with Shayla's parents, we could call it Shayla's Bill. If you wish to contact me you can email me at susie.raley83@aol.com. Please stand with me as we will begin to make history and begin to clear all of the dirt from all of the schools that they have swept under there. I am in Straw Plains and the same things are happening here. I will be your voice to the state if you will let me. The state needs to hear all of us in the petition I will create. Thank you all!
<quoted text>
Susan, you may want to save yourself some embarrassment and wait for the reports to be published that do not have the embellishments, and exaggerations that have been published on here and in other media outlets. If you don't, you won't be a "voice" that will be listened to by anyone.
thinker

Morristown, TN

#135 Nov 1, 2012
little angel wrote:
<quoted text>too one said there-tape of the teacher,s stand by and watching those girls do this need be remove from being-teachers at all,,then this is where all parents,have students-go to washburn school-- let school boad know.thisif everyboby stand upto bullying,and if some one would come forward to said there tape,mysterious disappeared and it can be praid it was on tape bylaw,their going have come up with tape,those teachers need.their job taken away..
True "angels" don't post lies on Topix.
thinker

Morristown, TN

#136 Nov 1, 2012
I'm through posting about this anymore. Take care people....crow is tough and doesn't taste very good. Be careful of the bridges you are setting on fire here, because you will be needing them when the ENTIRE details of all these claims are shown to be completely untrue. I will enjoy hearing all your comments, threats, and silly public service posts disappear.
really

Morristown, TN

#137 Nov 1, 2012
Thinker.....You must be a staff member or student. What exactly is the truth??? Oh wait....you mean the schools version of the truth that they want everyone to believe. Right....since they say it, it has to be the truth!!! Here's the problem, I don't believe that teachers saw what was happening and allowed it to go on. The problem is there were no teachers around to witness anything. You all want us to believe your version of what happened but at the same time you also want us to believe that no one was aware that it was going on. So which is...either there were teachers watching and that is how you all know the true story, or there wasn't any witnesses to it. so you all really know as much as all the concerned parents? I don't blame the school system or the teachers for this horrible thing. Sure there are probably a few that believe its all their fault and that some watched it all happen, but the problem most of us are having is our children should be well monitored in order to protect them from things like this!! We are forced to send out children to school for 7 hours 5 days a week. We should be able to trust who we leave them with! I'm sure there are alot of things that have now been added to this story and some things probably are not the truth, but you don't need the whole story to know where you stand on this subject. The facts are good enough, and they are that a child's head got beat against a metal pole while other students stood around and watched while every authority figure in the building were somewhere other than there. I know for a fact that staff members are trying to say that Shayla got hit once and fell backwards and hit her head on the pole. I call Bull shit on that one. There is no way that someone falling and hitting their head on a pole is going to cause that much harm to someone. A concussion yes, but lifetime vision problems, numerous broken bones in their face, and brain damage...I don't think so. It would sound a lot better if the staff would just say they do not know exactly what happened because they weren't around. I believe that is what happened! You all also need to understand everyone is not attacking your school personally. Some are yes, but not all. This is about attacking the situation, not the place. This could have happened anywhere, to anyone, or any school. The part that gets me is this....not only should the teachers been more aware of what was going on, but when lifestar has to come and airlift a student to the hospital the student/students responsible should receive more than just 2 day suspension!!! This situation was not dealt with properly and you all are worried more about your reputation and protecting your own asses than about this girl that will never be the same because of this. The teachers and staff should be standing behind her on this but you all are choosing to set her out and be against her.
little angel

Powell, TN

#138 Nov 2, 2012
thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
True "angels" don't post lies on Topix.
noboby post lies on topix and for my understand those teachers, and some other students watching it where you wanted beleived or not,, i really don,t care what you think and i don,t need you are anyone eles be my voice i speaker for myseft..bullying out control and it got be stop.. and yes there teachers, and other in school systems don,t give crap about ours children commited suicide if they care it would have done betaken care of,i was bullying in and if you,re never be in them shoe,s don,t give your opinion ok keep to yourseft and my grandson was bullying last year till he had said the only what out was too commited suicide, but i thanks god everyday he still with..you don,t know pain of lady the aftermath of being bullying so let me alone..and that why nother never be done on bullying some one like you just don,t wanted believed it true, i have reader ever post on facebook about all of it be coverup for long time and those 4girls had be bullying in school on other students,and i also have other students post said their seft teachers there and principal not doing their job..so if it lies alot plp lies then those not my words ..so go speaker for some eles i don,t need your help read up on things before i post like i said those are students words not mine and they states teachers stand by and did,nt nother so i guess they lies ughh :p
Shameful

Powell, TN

#139 Nov 2, 2012
CMB wrote:
shame on Aaron and Shame on his wife if she knew about it and wanted to bully the little girl!
you all are ruthless, cruel, people and I hope the school takes heed to this!
Oh, not only did she know, she went around telling the community that this girl seduced her husband! Really?!? I'm sorry, but I knew Haley then and she was the farthest thing from a seductress! Aaron took advantage of a shy,quiet 14 year old girl--probably the opposite of his loud, obnoxious wife! Maybe "Christian" Stacey should take heed to the bible that she probably never reads,

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."
little angel

Powell, TN

#140 Nov 2, 2012
thinker wrote:
I'm through posting about this anymore. Take care people....crow is tough and doesn't taste very good. Be careful of the bridges you are setting on fire here, because you will be needing them when the ENTIRE details of all these claims are shown to be completely untrue. I will enjoy hearing all your comments, threats, and silly public service posts disappear.
you must be bullying your seft come in here like drams queen.. and crow is tough i,m crow no boby in here burn bridges. hey anyboby see bridges on fire,i did,nt said theclaims where true. no you wanted sent my post disappear ..you not thinker you drams queen..get shit go and then your post disappear..but it just like on facebook alot don,t wanted to face had bad things are in school,s not just washburn it in all of them..go and put drams queen smart crack ..smack so where eles..because i give smart comments same you can ..here name for u--- queen-smart-crack pop ...hahahababa
justcrazy

Kodak, TN

#141 Nov 2, 2012
little angel wrote:
<quoted text> you must be bullying your seft come in here like drams queen.. and crow is tough i,m crow no boby in here burn bridges. hey anyboby see bridges on fire,i did,nt said theclaims where true. no you wanted sent my post disappear ..you not thinker you drams queen..get shit go and then your post disappear..but it just like on facebook alot don,t wanted to face had bad things are in school,s not just washburn it in all of them..go and put drams queen smart crack ..smack so where eles..because i give smart comments same you can ..here name for u--- queen-smart-crack pop ...hahahababa
OK, I don't know your age,but by trying to read your post I'm thinking you're about 8 or 10 years old.You make no dang scense,and you surely can't spell very well at all.please do us & yourself a favor & pay attention in school! Ask for help if you need to cause this is some sad reading coming from you .I'm not trying to be mean,but you need help with you education.

Since: May 10

Here

#142 Nov 2, 2012
justcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I don't know your age,but by trying to read your post I'm thinking you're about 8 or 10 years old.You make no dang scense,and you surely can't spell very well at all.please do us & yourself a favor & pay attention in school! Ask for help if you need to cause this is some sad reading coming from you .I'm not trying to be mean,but you need help with you education.
Oh, the irony.
little angel

Powell, TN

#143 Nov 3, 2012
justcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I don't know your age,but by trying to read your post I'm thinking you're about 8 or 10 years old.You make no dang scense,and you surely can't spell very well at all.please do us & yourself a favor & pay attention in school! Ask for help if you need to cause this is some sad reading coming from you .I'm not trying to be mean,but you need help with you education.
you read my post you just wanted be smart mouth,i,m not child i,m grandmother-wife-and mother.. so keep your mouth off me i did,nt answerd you for your opinion i ,ll be bullying in school if you not walk that road to know how feel.and yes you are mean you need think on said things to plp, i spell the best i can.. so kiss my a$$- i think you resd those words very well..and yeah you meaning to be cruelt because that how bullying work,,and plp that making funny of how someboby spell or look or talk it bullying..when you are child and other bullying you don,t understand how deal with, but like i said i,m not child. and if that all you know to do is making funny of someboby,and yes you,re make me feel bad so i hope you happy with yourseft..bullying is for loseer that don,t have happy life their seft so they wanted make other feel unhappy .
Karen

Powell, TN

#144 Nov 3, 2012
justcrazy wrote:
If we had teachers who were qualified to teach and not sell avon then we may not need help or could spell.
Lucy

Powell, TN

#145 Nov 3, 2012
Hey I know this is off topic but did you see where Chasta Stevens Beard was arrested for shoplifting.... this is so funny!
little angel

Powell, TN

#146 Nov 3, 2012
Karen wrote:
<quoted text>If we had teachers who were qualified to teach and not sell avon then we may not need help or could spell.
thanks karen for what you did,, i,m just sick tried of plp bullying other and make funny of how they- look or talk or spell..and she did,nt have said those i was talk to her ,, post on what i know for sure and from other of what they said,,next time you wanted bullying someone or make funny of them think about god created all us in hislikeness so you are make funny of him...and he so what you do to my little one you,re done unto me,, when god saved us where his childrens
little angel

Powell, TN

#147 Nov 5, 2012
UcanStopthis wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen it is your time to speak up for your children and for the children who have no one to speak on their behalf, like Shayla. This is not a new situation in our school system here in Grainger Co. It has been happening to our children and being kept quiet for years. Bullying, assault, name calling, death threats, things one can not imagine are happening daily at our schools. The principals and school board don't want you to hear about it so you usually don't. Please read this and take a stand for all. The poor kids like Shayla being hurt both physically and mentally everyday in our county. Incidents like these go on daily, maybe not to this severity, but close. Your school sro is not making reports because they are being told not to. I know for a fact at gas that during one incident when a child was beaten unconscious that that child was quarantined and made to sign a statement saying the school wasn't liable before the school would even call the parents. When they arrived they asked why no ambulance was calked? And where the sro was. The school said they did not see any reason to involve either. So the parents were forced to call the county police to come and do a report and to take the concussed child to the er for treatment 2 hrs after it should have been given. The county officials told the parents they were over reacting even after hearing of the cracked bones , black eyes and concussion. The child that did the damage was sent home for the remainder of the day and was at school the next day saying they wish they could have killed the other child. Hmmmm. Sound right to you? Guess it's all in who you know right? The parents actually looked into suing the school system, but needed other kids and parents to come forth to make a class action case, but do to lack of info about any others being told this never ever happened here could not find anyone to help make the case. guess now they do. If anyone else has been bullied, assaulted, terrorized, afraid, tormented, or knows of someone who has post it on here. Maybe if all of the victims in our county get together something can be done to stop this from happening again.
Btw channel 6 will be at the granger county board of Ed tomorrow to investigate.you know they will try to cover it up, say it was random, has never happened before, if some of you showed up to call bull shit! It might help poor Shayla and all the others that came before finally get some justice! If you can't be there call channel 6! call the superintendent! Come on parents your kids need you!
i agree with you,what happen to shayla luke should,nt never happen,candlelight vigil for her was sat-3,at6:30 on clinch mountain overlookit was great turn out.and scottlayle was there too but he saidit was,nt bullying but what eles would called shayla could have dies because of beating,here problem our justice systems ant doing it job,so what can do in case like that it leave yours hand ties
thinker

Morristown, TN

#148 Nov 5, 2012
little angel wrote:
<quoted text>i agree with you,what happen to shayla luke should,nt never happen,candlelight vigil for her was sat-3,at6:30 on clinch mountain overlookit was great turn out.and scottlayle was there too but he saidit was,nt bullying but what eles would called shayla could have dies because of beating,here problem our justice systems ant doing it job,so what can do in case like that it leave yours hand ties
Wow! This post shows so much intelligence that you must be a rocket scientist, or a chemical engineer, or maybe a world class brain surgeon, sure to win a Nobel Peace Prize. But it sure won't be in English and grammar. You are either too young to be in school, or failed every English class you ever had.
Billy bob

Powell, TN

#149 Nov 5, 2012
Oh no, we are graduates of Washburn and the classy teachers. They are not qualified to teach but they sure can act the part....
Hey guys

Powell, TN

#150 Nov 6, 2012
Liz Phillips beat her up, & Makale Scearce & Tosha Holt were the ones who locked arms and wouldn't let the girl go by while Liz got her from behind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flooding 43 min Noah 1
Blonde with glasses at Family Dollar 9 hr Gotta Love The Gap 17
Who is Bailey Joe Munsey? 9 hr Micheal Roberts sgt 26
del rio 13 hr Annndreuhh 9
The Bible Was Written By Man To Control Man (Jan '13) 14 hr amjenitna jarmeso... 357
Who all were busted yesterday 1-11-2013? (Jan '13) 14 hr Realb 44
My God (Mar '14) 15 hr Gotta Luv The Gap 228

Flood Warning for Union County was issued at March 05 at 12:00PM CST

Washburn Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Washburn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:46 pm PST