Fight at Washburn High School
quietfriend

Morristown, TN

#43 Oct 24, 2012
One of the girls that were involved is being charged with attempted murder of the 1st degree. Someone told me that it was Shelby Needham that was charged. When I find out more I'll keep everyone posted.
Kelly

Heiskell, TN

#44 Oct 24, 2012
Liz Phillips, Shelby, Paul scearces daughter, a holt girl is who we were told.
hat

Maynardville, TN

#45 Oct 24, 2012
student and the school should be look at with a fine tooth comb
Wrong

Thorn Hill, TN

#46 Oct 24, 2012
hat wrote:
student and the school should be look at with a fine tooth comb
Not just washburn school all of Graing County Schools. If, something like this ever happened to one of my children I would do anything and everything to sue the crap out of the school I would get a lawyer as soon as possible, and a darn good at that. Something needs to be done about this! Why wasn't a teacher or someone at the school around to brake this fight up? Why was this girl almost beaten to death? They should be know excuse for something like this to happen the problem should've been solved before it got out of control! Teacher's were just standing around and watching!! Really! Why do they still have their job? The girls parents should have taught their children to not act like that! When a child is having problems with bullying other's more than once than something is going on at home. I will be praying for Shayla and her family!

My God watch over youand heal you with his healing,loveing hands Amen.
Pirate

Morristown, TN

#47 Oct 24, 2012
I think it's time to shut down Washburn school. All the posters on here have pointed out that it is a dangerous place for the children, that the kids are not getting an education, and in general attending is a waste of time. The easiest way to solve the problems all of you are talking about is lock the doors, lock the gate, and send all the kids somewhere else. As all of you have said, it's not going to be fixed, and since all of you are so concerned, let's end the problem right now and close Washburn school forever. Should have been done long ago! How do I know this? I spent several years there and know from personal experience.
Pirate

Morristown, TN

#49 Oct 24, 2012
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>Not just washburn school all of Graing County Schools. If, something like this ever happened to one of my children I would do anything and everything to sue the crap out of the school I would get a lawyer as soon as possible, and a darn good at that. Something needs to be done about this! Why wasn't a teacher or someone at the school around to brake this fight up? Why was this girl almost beaten to death? They should be know excuse for something like this to happen the problem should've been solved before it got out of control! Teacher's were just standing around and watching!! Really! Why do they still have their job? The girls parents should have taught their children to not act like that! When a child is having problems with bullying other's more than once than something is going on at home. I will be praying for Shayla and her family!
My God watch over youand heal you with his healing,loveing hands Amen.
Anyone who believes teachers just stood around watching this event needs to be put in a mental hospital. Typical response from the community. Why blame the teachers? If the fight took place in front of the office, how were the elementary or middle school teachers to blame? Bunch of morons. Glad I'm not there anymore, and glad my kids never had to attend that school! Shut the doors and lock the gates!
Curious

United States

#51 Oct 25, 2012
Which girl was it that did most of the assaulting?
Concerned

Knoxville, TN

#52 Oct 25, 2012
disgusted wrote:
sawyer was in the office as usual or had a prety girl treed up in a corner somewhere like he is known to do. We need a real officer at the school not a bald wanna be rent a cop!!! The teachers need to be held accountable too.
Sawyer? Are you serious? Sawyer is one of the most respected men of the community of Washburn. Fine CHRISTAIN man. I have sit under his preaching God's word a few times.... Watch out WHO you slander... God don't take kindly to offending HIS OWN....
former victim

Jefferson City, TN

#53 Oct 25, 2012
Of course other students did nothing to help, if they did they would be next. We all know if a bully ever gets suspended it would only be for a few days after that they'll be back and looking to get even. And unlike a lot of schools there isn't just one or two bullies in Washburn so they won't be alone when they pick the next target.
Carrie

Heiskell, TN

#54 Oct 25, 2012
Curious wrote:
Which girl was it that did most of the assaulting?
. I remember this. He was caught doing things that a married teacher should not be.... The mother knew the father of the girl about lost it on him!!!! Well when your brother is the principal. I guess you can get by with child abuse.
former victim

Jefferson City, TN

#55 Oct 25, 2012
The Facebook page Liveandletlive Washburntn was taken down, wonder why.
Wondering

Clinton, TN

#56 Oct 25, 2012
Where did the Facebook pages go?
former victim

Jefferson City, TN

#57 Oct 25, 2012
I don't know why the original is down but I found another page trying to bring attention and support

http://www.facebook.com/PrayersForShaylaLuke
concerned

Thorn Hill, TN

#58 Oct 25, 2012
the other page was taken down because the girl was being threatened herself. All because she stood up for shayla
former victim

Jefferson City, TN

#59 Oct 25, 2012
That's what I figured happened. Its all going to get swept under the rug, because of a town full of bullies. Someone has to do something, but I'm afraid no one will.
Not Intimidated

Tazewell, TN

#60 Oct 25, 2012
Don't let it get swept under the rug. Share that new pg. Get it passed around. Don't let these ppl intimidate you. I wish she would have transferred the pg over to me. It would be a cold day in hell that I would cave to their intimidation. The power is in numbers. The pg had 755+ earlier today....such a shame to shut it down. Awareness equals power and power is in numbers.
Ancient

Sevierville, TN

#61 Oct 25, 2012
When I was growing up the "local" people would have taken care of the family of all these bullies. Solid home people won't stand for outsiders coming in and doing things like this. They may think we're ignorant but we know all the back roads and how to travel them!
former victim

Jefferson City, TN

#62 Oct 25, 2012
I shared the link on the comments on channel 8, but 6, 10 wont let me post at this time.
former victim

Jefferson City, TN

#63 Oct 25, 2012
Ancient wrote:
When I was growing up the "local" people would have taken care of the family of all these bullies. Solid home people won't stand for outsiders coming in and doing things like this. They may think we're ignorant but we know all the back roads and how to travel them!
Problem is the victim is the one from "outside". All of the other kids were locals.
Not Intimidated

Tazewell, TN

#64 Oct 25, 2012
Someone had the first site shutdown so they are starting a new page...here is the link. Please add any friends who were on the other to this page. Thank you :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1099362691656...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Screw your atv rights! 18 min dodginwhitechevys 45
Anyone know Wendy harville or her sisters Krist... (Jun '10) 1 hr Ann 63
England plant 8 1 hr sternum 1
jimmy sandifer (Mar '09) 2 hr Big balls 33
Washburn fall festival 5 hr Disabled forgotten 1
Paulette 6 hr Grimy The Phoxx 15
red camaro 10 hr Justwondering 1

Washburn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance