Next Last
Josephine Hanley

United States

#1 May 2, 2007
nley
Josephine Hanley

United States

#2 May 2, 2007
Hi, I would like to know does the Metra tra train stop in downtown,Elburn. I would like to visit Elburn,by train,and wondered how long of a walk to a resturant,church,etc..Thank You.Josephine Hanley -/ irishspeedqueen@sbcglobal.net
Conan

Auburn Hills, MI

#3 May 17, 2007
Josephine Hanley wrote:
Hi, I would like to know does the Metra tra train stop in downtown,Elburn. I would like to visit Elburn,by train,and wondered how long of a walk to a resturant,church,etc..Thank You.Josephine Hanley -/ irishspeedqueen@sbcglobal.net
Yes, but too far to walk, might consider a Cab???
Conan

Auburn Hills, MI

#4 May 17, 2007
Josephine Hanley wrote:
Yes, but too far to walk, might try a Cab???
Fred

Addison, IL

#5 Nov 8, 2007
Do yourself a favor and skip Elburn. There is nothing here of any consequence and the people
are very unfriendly.
Cheryl

Marengo, IL

#6 Nov 28, 2007
Josephine Hanley wrote:
Josephine,

The train is a ways away from the center of town.You have to walk down Keslinger Rd. There is a way to walk through the sides of some yards to get to town.
Elburn is very small. There are maybe 4 places you can eat at, and not many shops there. It is a very nice small town.
Hope this helps some.
jan johnson

Walnut Creek, CA

#7 Dec 11, 2007
can I take the train from o'hare airport to elburn? how do I get the train schedule?
Seth

Bloomingdale, IL

#8 Dec 11, 2007
You can take the train at Ohare to downtown
Chicago and then switch to the metra to Elburn.
The train schedule is online at Metra.com .
The real question is not how to get to Elburn,
but why.
John

La Grange, IL

#9 Feb 25, 2008
Seth wrote:
You can take the train at Ohare to downtown
Chicago and then switch to the metra to Elburn.
The train schedule is online at Metra.com .
The real question is not how to get to Elburn,
but why.
There is much to see and do in Elburn. We have a gas station that has a convenience store. There is a combined barber / beauty shop, a pizzeria, a Napa auto parts store, and a very popular meat market. Many of our residents enjoy sitting on the sidewalk watching trains go by. You never have to wait long for one. We enjoy counting the number of cars in each train.

Check us out at www.elburn.il.us
Krysta

Itasca, IL

#10 Mar 7, 2008
Fred wrote:
Do yourself a favor and skip Elburn. There is nothing here of any consequence and the people
are very unfriendly.
I am actually from Elburn!
I am not an unfriendly person :]
Infact, most people here DO happen to be friendly! <3

However, he's right about there being nothing to do..
There's not much to it, just corn :]
Roger Fields

Lake Zurich, IL

#11 Mar 12, 2008
Just to let you know, there is no bathroom at the Elburn Station, the waiting area is always very
dirty, and access from the parking lot back into
the town is a cruel joke. In fact if you really
look into how things are set up in Elburn, you will see that they are all half assed.
Robert Clark

Wheaton, IL

#12 Mar 23, 2008
I know for a fact that Elburn is not even on any
list for consideration for a quiet zone. This is
largely due to the unprofessional attitude of the
officials on the village board. They do not know
how to talk to people and unlike the poor citizens
who have to suffer daily at these folks hands, the
train people do not and have the power to shut them down.
Doug Miller

Lisle, IL

#14 Oct 10, 2008
why would anyone want to go to Elburn? I guess if you enjoy getting harrassed by the bully police. The town is a complete hole. I used to got to a pizza place and a meat shop in their downtown. No more! Not after the Elburn police put an $80 dollar ticket on my car for a $1.25 missed ticket. I simply missed the sign. Idiots! The town is creepy. Please avoid it if you can. TRUST ME!!! and the people are not friendly. Very creepy town.
Tom Josephs

Villa Park, IL

#15 Oct 11, 2008
Very unfriendly town run by ignorant insensitive
hicks. They don't want people coming to their town and they don't like the people that live here
either. Mean spirited folks with simple minds.
Doug Miller

Lisle, IL

#16 Oct 16, 2008
Josephine Hanley wrote:
why would anybody want to go to the town of Elburn?? Goog luck. i hope the Elburn police don`t harrass you! They really aren`t nice people
Katie

Tinley Park, IL

#18 Feb 24, 2009
Hello,
I am going to start next semester at Northern Illinois University and i was wondering if i took a bus into Elburn and jumped on Metra would it then take me to Lagrange, Il. or closer? Maybe even into Orland Park/Tinley Park area?
-Thanks
Trying To Be Helpful

Westchester, IL

#19 Feb 27, 2009
The tracks from Elburn end up north of LaGrange. For example where they intersect Rt45 (LaGrange Rd./Mannheim Rd) is in Bellwood. What you would need to do is take the train from Elburn all the way to downtown to the Ogilvie Trans. Center then walk a short distance to Union Station to get to the train to LaGrange. I do know there is/was a shuttle at least on weekends to/from NIU and the Elburn Station.

Here is the link to Metra. http://www.metrarail.com/
Katie wrote:
Hello,
I am going to start next semester at Northern Illinois University and i was wondering if i took a bus into Elburn and jumped on Metra would it then take me to Lagrange, Il. or closer? Maybe even into Orland Park/Tinley Park area?
-Thanks
Dude In Elburn

Grayslake, IL

#20 Sep 6, 2010
Robert Clark wrote:
I know for a fact that Elburn is not even on any
list for consideration for a quiet zone. This is
largely due to the unprofessional attitude of the
officials on the village board. They do not know
how to talk to people and unlike the poor citizens
who have to suffer daily at these folks hands, the
train people do not and have the power to shut them down.
We are a quiet zone....sheesh
Joe

Sugar Grove, IL

#21 Oct 6, 2010
Elburn
many friendly people, but again a smaller town feel. no worse than any other small town.
George m

Sugar Grove, IL

#22 Dec 11, 2013
Friendly place, but not much to do in the downtown. Great place to raise a family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wasco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officials seek seizure of dogs in Batavia anima... Apr 21 ruleoflaw 1
Review: Adams Landscaping Apr 21 Mindy 3
pipe burst/ water damage (Jan '14) Apr 15 Dolores Brown 2
South Elgin is Kane County's Most Corrupt Polic... (Mar '12) Apr 14 tarabarker 33
construction next to walmart Apr 4 Ques 1
News 10 stories you might have missed Mar 28 adtaucher 1
Looking for cousin Christine Crain (Jan '12) Jan '12 Karla Mohr 1
More from around the web

Wasco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]