Warwick Drive-In Sign Demolished

Warwick Drive-In Sign Demolished

Posted in the Warwick Forum

Wendy

Warwick, NY

#1 Jan 28, 2009
Does anyone know what happened to the Warwick Drive-In sign at the entrance? It looks like it got bull dozed or a car plowed into it. Sure hope it is not a harbinger of bad news. Would hate to see the Drive-In go.
mike

Highland Lakes, NJ

#2 Feb 25, 2009
A car hit it, and a new sign will be going up in the spring.
Wendy wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to the Warwick Drive-In sign at the entrance? It looks like it got bull dozed or a car plowed into it. Sure hope it is not a harbinger of bad news. Would hate to see the Drive-In go.
Wendy

Warwick, NY

#3 Feb 27, 2009
Below is the message I got from the drive in to close the loop. Good news to hear that things are OK and we'll have our beloved drive-in opening soon

....drunk driver hit the sign in January we plan on reopening on the 13th of march weather pending
Chas

Forked River, NJ

#4 Mar 6, 2009
I know the owners loved the sign and never wanted to change it because of it being connected to Warwick past when, for example, we saw farmers in town. I'm hoping they replace it with something similiar to what it was.
Wendy

Warwick, NY

#5 Mar 7, 2009
I totally agree Chas. That sign was a classic. I just drove by there today and thought about what they are going to do when they reopen open in a few weeks? You can go online and see the listings @[ http://webusers.warwick.net/~u1006131/drivein... ]along with receiving their emails but it is not the same. Maybe they can find something similar? I am sure there are some old classics tucked away in a warehouse or on an old lot in many towns in NJ from a time when drive-ins were more popular. Guess we will have to wait to see what happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Struggling WWII vet gets Christmas gifts, donat... Jan 12 Jeremy 2
Is video taping a neighbor legal or is it consi... (May '07) Jan 8 bernadett 215
16 year old guy looking for cute 16-19 year old... (Mar '15) Jan 8 Shykeria 7
News Drawing Back the Curtain on the Watchtower, a J... Jan 2 Caciques a liar 80
Allison vanhuten Dec 22 Anonymous 1
Anyone remember me 50 yrs ago? Dec '16 Paul Gibson 1
News Rabsky buys Jehovah's Witnesses building for $65M Dec '16 BetheljudgmentDan... 17

Warwick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warwick Mortgages