Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Snarky

Robbins, TN

#2 Nov 19, 2010
Somebody must've gotten a stale biscuit this morning.
WILL HUNT FOR FOOD

Oakdale, TN

#4 Nov 19, 2010
citizen wrote:
Would everyone please stop buying things at mossy Grove market. The man running the place is a perverted piece of crap. Out of country no gooders are moving in and taking business away from long established places of business that deserve our loyalty. I'm one for giving Americans my business and so should you be. For the sake of our people. our town, and the love of God stop giving your hard earned money to stores that have been bought up by these out of town pieces of crap.
You are absolutely right dude. The thing is the people wont stick together till it is to late. They want to save A nickle on the gallon of gas but one day they will wish they had stuck together by that time I wont be around but my son will be I pity him. Americans are lazy we work against each other and it is biting us in the ass. I am guilty too! But something has to be done those people are cheating the system not having to pay taxes and then when the time comes for them to have to start paying taxes they put there business in another family members name that's cheating us Americans and should make us very angry! America is in trouble and everybody is sitting on there asses and watching it happen!!When ya-all decide to do something about it let me know I will help for my sons sake.
WILL HUNT FOR FOOD

Oakdale, TN

#5 Nov 19, 2010
citizen wrote:
Would everyone please stop buying things at mossy Grove market. The man running the place is a perverted piece of crap. Out of country no gooders are moving in and taking business away from long established places of business that deserve our loyalty. I'm one for giving Americans my business and so should you be. For the sake of our people. our town, and the love of God stop giving your hard earned money to stores that have been bought up by these out of town pieces of crap.
OH! and by the way :CITIZEN: this is the only thing I will agree with you on so far, You are absolutely wrong when it comes to my hunting! And now I know you just might be my neighbor cant believe you live this far out in the sticks and you are so against hunting. everybody that lives out here were brought up by hunters you could not of been raised out here. I hope no more cityslickers move out here trying to push there beliefs on us country folk! As American as you talk why so against people hunting trying to feed there families? Hunting is an American tradition! By the way I don't patronage mossy grove market. I am proud to say I go out of my way. Cant believe someone as American as you gave us so much trouble and an absolute pain in the ass on our hunting rights!{Enough Said}!
citizen

Wartburg, TN

#6 Nov 21, 2010
I love hunting man. I don't get to go as much as I like. Don't know how you thought I was talking about hunting. Hunting Rights? I don't know what you're talking about. I wish I could go hunting more often.

You probably think I'm someone else.

And also, I voted for the Hunting Rights. It was on the ballot last go around.
JUST PASSIN THROUGH

Oakdale, TN

#7 Nov 21, 2010
citizen wrote:
I love hunting man. I don't get to go as much as I like. Don't know how you thought I was talking about hunting. Hunting Rights? I don't know what you're talking about. I wish I could go hunting more often.
You probably think I'm someone else.
And also, I voted for the Hunting Rights. It was on the ballot last go around.
Sorry there is someone else using your name on the hunting rights amendment. Again my apologies.And good luck hunting. If you ever get to go. I don't get to go as much either to busy trying to survive this economy
ion

Hendersonville, NC

#8 Nov 23, 2010
citizen wrote:
I don't support them. I don't buy anything from the indian stores unless I am in Absolute desperation, but, they don't come in and take anything. Our fellow Americans, our neighbors, have given them the opportunity to do what they have done and will continue doing. So, rather than blaming the foreigners, call up the previous owners of these places and ask them why they sold it to them, and tell them what you think. They are the ones who have bent America over.
Im not disagreeing with you, im on the same side. I just wanted to put a little light on the folks who allow these people to become established.
WILL HUNT FOR FOOD

Oakdale, TN

#9 Nov 23, 2010
ion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't support them. I don't buy anything from the indian stores unless I am in Absolute desperation, but, they don't come in and take anything. Our fellow Americans, our neighbors, have given them the opportunity to do what they have done and will continue doing. So, rather than blaming the foreigners, call up the previous owners of these places and ask them why they sold it to them, and tell them what you think. They are the ones who have bent America over.
Im not disagreeing with you, im on the same side. I just wanted to put a little light on the folks who allow these people to become established.
You are wrong my friend! Foreigners come here and don't have to pay taxes, Therefor lower gas prices forcing the American business owner to sell, That is our government hard at work! After the foreigner has to start paying taxes he simply puts the business in another family name. Bullshit if you ask me! We put our time in and build something only to be taken away. All of our jobs are shipped over seas, And foreigners come here and take our businesses from us. Mossey grove was forced out of business They couldn't compete with the gas prices, Soon they will have A monopoly right under our gullible noses. I also go out of my way to patronage people that have been here for years but soon that is going to change. We Americans wont own any gas stations then we will be at there mercy![GOD HELP US THEN] Someone correct me if I am wrong these are just my thoughts.
Just Sayin

Wartburg, TN

#10 Nov 23, 2010
I live very close to the Mossy Grove Market, walking distance if I wanted to but I take the extra time to go on down to Ricky's now and I have noticed that Ricky's business is up quite a bit a now. I always have to wait in line at his store now but it is worth it me.
Ion

Lancing, TN

#11 Nov 24, 2010
I STILL agree with you. But, I never said anything about taxes, and I know how they run. I also never said I disagreed with you. You're just being redundant in the last post.

I only said our fellow americans have given them the opportunity, as much as we are seperated from our government, they are still our fellow men and women, Correct? So how was I wrong??

I also was not saying anything against the previous owners of the station. I understand that they were forced to close, but they also Chose who they sold to, that's all I was saying.
Older and Wiser

Parkers Lake, KY

#12 Nov 26, 2010
What about the people who owned the store and sold it to the folks from India, any words of wisdom for them?
ohboymetoo

Athens, TN

#13 Nov 26, 2010
I totally 157% agree with the sentiments here!

They are a DIFFERENT COLOR! You believe that?

Anyone in this country who is not FROM THIS COUNTRY is a piece of crap, AND perverted. I don't care if they are trying to run a business, or work their way up in a country that provides freedom and protection, just like most of our ancestors did when the came here. They are crap! All crap!!

I'd rather go hunting in mossy grove and worry 'bout mountin' dat big ole eight-pointer WITHOUT having to buy gas from a brown man.

You know'd what else I heard? They believe in that ole "Hindu" or whatever it is, probably worship cows and all that mess! Now I like a good cheeseburger, but I don't pray to no cheeseburger! I heard dat religion's been around since about THREE THOUSAND years before Jesus! You believe that? I think anything that was before Jesus was the devil!!! Any body that practices a religion that is older than 300 years is A PIECE OF CRAP! DOO DOO! HORSE PUCKEY!!!

Well, I guess'n that's all I gots to say about that.

Ok, no satire here:
There are Indians running a business and trying to make money in Mossy Grove.
Out of the other population (whitey), what percentage is on Food Stamps? I'd honestly guess 60-70 percent.
Just something to think on.. Indians running a business making paper, while white guys buying beef jerky on Food Stamps complain about it.
ThinkAboutIt

Knoxville, TN

#14 Nov 26, 2010
It is amazing, but many people from different countries come here, become citizens (hence, Americans) and start businesses. Those same people choose to keep the same names and practice the same religion just as they did in their native countries.

At Thanksgiving, we pause to thank God for the opportunities this country offered to our forefathers and still offers to us. The search for freedom to worship as they pleased and the chance to better themselves and their families brought our forefathers here and continues to bring folks every day.

It is America--if you don't want to patronize a business, don't. However, it is shameful to criticize someone who is willing to work for a living while the county is overpopulated with sorry people who refuse to work.
citizen2

Oneida, TN

#16 Nov 26, 2010
I think ever since the new people took over, price of gas is pretty reasonable in wartburg.
i think its only helping than hurting.
WILL HUNT FOR FOOD

Oakdale, TN

#17 Nov 26, 2010
ohboymetoo wrote:
I totally 157% agree with the sentiments here!
They are a DIFFERENT COLOR! You believe that?
Anyone in this country who is not FROM THIS COUNTRY is a piece of crap, AND perverted. I don't care if they are trying to run a business, or work their way up in a country that provides freedom and protection, just like most of our ancestors did when the came here. They are crap! All crap!!
I'd rather go hunting in mossy grove and worry 'bout mountin' dat big ole eight-pointer WITHOUT having to buy gas from a brown man.
You know'd what else I heard? They believe in that ole "Hindu" or whatever it is, probably worship cows and all that mess! Now I like a good cheeseburger, but I don't pray to no cheeseburger! I heard dat religion's been around since about THREE THOUSAND years before Jesus! You believe that? I think anything that was before Jesus was the devil!!! Any body that practices a religion that is older than 300 years is A PIECE OF CRAP! DOO DOO! HORSE PUCKEY!!!
Well, I guess'n that's all I gots to say about that.
Ok, no satire here:
There are Indians running a business and trying to make money in Mossy Grove.
Out of the other population (whitey), what percentage is on Food Stamps? I'd honestly guess 60-70 percent.
Just something to think on.. Indians running a business making paper, while white guys buying beef jerky on Food Stamps complain about it.
If I am who you are referring to smart ass I am not racist! I am mad that I put time in this country had my own business lost it to the economy still pay taxes the government gives foreigners A chance to make it here and they take advantage of it. Cheat the system and put the business in another family members name . We are being cheated And yes you are right there are alot of white and black people on welfare cheating the system but that is another story this thread was about Mossy grove market, And I was giving my opinion on it if you cant read what the post was about that is your problem! Stay on track there dude If you want my opinion on white people being welfare suckers then start A thread and I might whine about them.But nothing will ever be done, Our government cant even balance A checkbook.
Spur

Huntsville, TN

#18 Nov 27, 2010
ANOTHER REASON FOR THE "FAIR TAX" WWW.FAIRTAX.ORG CHECK IT OUT IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS CONCEPT..
Luigi

Oneida, TN

#19 Dec 6, 2010
Uhhhhggg.. You guys are fucking stupid... >.>
Go read the King James some more and shelter yourself from the outside world.
Put yourself in the other persons shoes, I would want government assistance in another country. Your 'taxes' are being wasted in hundreds of more ways then just on the tiny little gas station you're all bitching about. Lee's is owned by foreigners, so is Main Stop. I guess if the person who's reclining back in his chair at the end of the day counting his Benjamin's isn't white, you're going to throw a big fucking fit over it.

Hey, learn something from your bible. You should be focused on 'god' and getting to heaven. Not caring about the ethnicity of a gas station owner's family. Yeah, the economy is bad. We know. Get over it. I suppose if you went to another county to start a new life, you would have to behave and act just like them. I mean that's what you're all saying anyways. Right? "This is America!" well if you went to another country you would have to change your clothes, language, religion, skin color, accent, name ect... Just to fit in? Or maintain business?

You guys are acting like complete idiots over this. So what if they don't pay land tax... It's only like one acre anyway! Ohmygod, theyre cheating the system! Shhh not paying taxes on that one acre, ahhh I lost my business cause I couldn't pay any of my bills.. Boo hoo... Really guys? It's life. That's how life works. It sucks, then you die. This is a pointless thread considering hundreds of thousands of brand name business are owned by foreign families. But whatever it's your life... Live it how you please..

On the other hand I'm buying me some cheap gas, lol sucks for you.
prejudice

Oak Ridge, TN

#20 Dec 6, 2010
Why does people have to be so prejudice? There is bad in every race. BTW its not their fault that OUR government allows them to come in. Dont complain if you dont vote and if you do then you may be voting for the wrong ones!
Citizen2

Knoxville, TN

#21 Dec 6, 2010
I'm with u completely Luigi.
But also wanna let u know that each foriegn owned business in america have to pay land tax or any other tax pertaining to the business just like an other American.
I know this for a fact that if u r delinquent on your taxes of any kind then you cannot obtain a federal tax Id. Cannot operate Tn lottery In your store as it is directly connected with the Tn revenue cabinet.
Even if u r renting a business from anybody u still have to pay property taxes, either directly to the county or the land lord would have included it in the rent to begin with.
So guy if u really have a problem with the foreigners then first u need to stop shopping at WALMART because 80% of stuff we buy there is either made in china or made in Mexico
On the other hand 99%of the stuff at mossy grove market is Made in America
They also have employed 4 Americans
Now what else u expect .....
I like people at mossy grove market from the owner to the clerks they r all nice.
superduper

Athens, TN

#22 Dec 28, 2010
I lol'd at this headline... "Mossy Grove market is run by shit"
As far as I've ever known, Mossy Grove is full of nothing BUT shit, so what's the problem exactly?
wrong

Oneida, TN

#23 Dec 28, 2010
Luigi you have got your own problems to worry about. You should not use the f word and talk the way you did and the name of Jesus and the Bible at the same time.His name and His word is Holy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wartburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cyndi wicks 2 hr Melanie 72
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 hr Mississippi gurl 145,868
Janice Sexton 3 hr lisa25 1
family 5 hr steve123 8
Julie Erickson 6 hr LGCMom 5
Meet Highland Telephone Coop's Management Team 17 hr HAHAHA 4
Google WiFi 17 hr No proof 7
•••
•••
Wartburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wartburg Jobs