Crazy

Sunbright, TN

#1 Oct 30, 2012
Can this county and city not get on the same page for trick-or-treating. Really Saturday they had a Fall Festival, Wartburg City is tonight (30th) and its County Wide tomorrow!!!! Since when did Halloween become some important??? It would of been so much easier, if they would of talked and just did everything this past Saturday. Just another example of people who don't know how to organize, much less run a county!
Speedy Gonzales

Franklin, TN

#2 Oct 31, 2012
Crazy wrote:
Can this county and city not get on the same page for trick-or-treating. Really Saturday they had a Fall Festival, Wartburg City is tonight (30th) and its County Wide tomorrow!!!! Since when did Halloween become some important??? It would of been so much easier, if they would of talked and just did everything this past Saturday. Just another example of people who don't know how to organize, much less run a county!
There are a bunch of dumb bunnys in Wartburg.
Now they want to mess with time.
Thinking this horse manure will get them re-elected.
boggieman

Kingston, TN

#3 Oct 31, 2012
Crazy wrote:
yes so many people were confused. some stores in wartburg was not going to do it until the 31st. some people are doing it both nights. I say let it be the night it is supposed to be. if parents don't want to take their kids out DON'T. it's that simple. the burg-Tuesday night, the county- Wendesday night and Fentress county -Thursday night. GET REAL FOLKS.
anonymous

Huntsville, TN

#4 Oct 31, 2012
Kids showed up at my house yesterday the day before Halloween and I'm like "what?" I felt bad that I didn't have any candy for the kids
Craziness

Oneida, TN

#5 Nov 1, 2012
Yes it sounded crazy!! I totally agree with "boogieman". Halloween is Oct. 31, if you don't want to participate on that day, don't! But a few people get the say so of moving it around!!! And it shouldn't be.
agreed

Harriman, TN

#6 Nov 1, 2012
the only explanation I've been offered is that it was shifted towards Tuesday to not interfere with local Wed night church services. Which strikes me as doubly strange since when I was a child, there was a movement by the churches vs. Halloween in general. Strange that we've come full circle... I believe the holidays origins came from a consolidation of 3 others (2 pagan + 1 christian)...and here we are partying Sat, Tues, Wed.
lol

Harriman, TN

#7 Nov 1, 2012
damn, we may have to do Xmas on Wed this year, cant have Christas Eve interfering with Monday Night Football.
right

United States

#8 Nov 1, 2012
another don edwards move tryin to wear religon on the sleeve to get relected. everyone should go check to see who supported this at the county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wartburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sam long 12 min Hurt ex 1
Sheriff daughter 16 hr facts 10
Jared underwood 17 hr Dirty Vegas 3
Don Edwards Embaresment 18 hr Concerned Citizen 17
man jumped from vehicle going 55 mph? Wed Sad 10
News Wartburg man charged with child sex abuse (May '12) Wed Fart news 282
morgan county snitch Wed Funny 40
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wartburg Mortgages