created by: Morgan County | Jan 7, 2013

Wartburg, TN

1,519 votes

Morgan County Executive 2014. Who will you support?

Click on an option to vote

• Don Edwards
  • Tommy Francis
  • R.B. Human
  • Tommy Kilby
  • Becky Rupee
Comments
41 - 60 of 481 Comments Last updated Jan 30, 2014
Henry

Wartburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Wilbur wrote:
That sounds like something Don would promise. But he's not the only one. We don't need Don Edwards. We don't need Tommy Kilby. We don't need Becky Ruppe. We don't need R.B. Human. We don't need Tommy Francis. We don't need any of these clowns. Hopefully somebody who is qualified will run for this office.
Your statement doesn't make a lot of sense, If you want someone who is qualified, Why not support a person who has proven himself like Mr Kilby, he did more for our county then anyone who has ever served as county exec, and keep the county on a strong financial standing,Morgan county was respected by the state and federal goverments, for his leadership, thats why he was able to accomplish things, Morgan county has tried new blood when we elected Edwards and look where it has gotten us,
Jack

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Becky Ruppe has a proven record she can and has done has much and more than any County Executive in the history of morgan county. it is all public record all one has to do is compare her accomplishments and you will see what l am saying. yes tommy was a good leader and got along with people but just how much did he do for morgan co. compared to becky. she was well known in the upper political offices in the region and nashville and could make things happen that was good for morgan co. some may not like the ideal of a woman being in charge but she by far has exceeded what anyone in morgan co has done as co executive for the county and its people and with compassion for the people.
Sunbright Citizen

Kannapolis, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Ms Ruppe. NEXT.....
Jack wrote:
Becky Ruppe has a proven record she can and has done has much and more than any County Executive in the history of morgan county. it is all public record all one has to do is compare her accomplishments and you will see what l am saying. yes tommy was a good leader and got along with people but just how much did he do for morgan co. compared to becky. she was well known in the upper political offices in the region and nashville and could make things happen that was good for morgan co. some may not like the ideal of a woman being in charge but she by far has exceeded what anyone in morgan co has done as co executive for the county and its people and with compassion for the people.
Both

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

I agree that ruppe and kilby were good county executives and their record of accomplishment for Morgan County exceeds any that ican remember. i would not say that either was more successful than the other but both were successful in the time they served certainly better than what we have now
MC Hammerschmidt

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

You sure got that right. I wish we'd get someone besides these people to consider running. Anybody is better than the Ruppes, the Kilbys the Edwards, the Franceses and the Humans.
Wilbur wrote:
That sounds like something Don would promise. But he's not the only one. We don't need Don Edwards. We don't need Tommy Kilby. We don't need Becky Ruppe. We don't need R.B. Human. We don't need Tommy Francis. We don't need any of these clowns. Hopefully somebody who is qualified will run for this office.
Shady Grove

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

This poll is a joke.I wouldn't vote for any of the above. We've already seen that Tommy Kilby, Becky Ruppe, and Don Edwards couldn't get it done. And the other two proposed candidates would be worse.
Nancy

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Shady Grove wrote:
This poll is a joke.I wouldn't vote for any of the above. We've already seen that Tommy Kilby, Becky Ruppe, and Don Edwards couldn't get it done. And the other two proposed candidates would be worse.
I agree with part of what you have said but kilby and ruppe did get things done kilby especially helped the shady grove area get water in case you are not aware of that
Mary

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Kilby also brought water to Frankfort area, Chestnut Ridge, and was a driving force in getting the Lancing Overpass built. Tommy has helped all of Morgan County. The Crouchs, Smiths, and RBs fools will lie about any of it.
Henry

Wartburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Mr Kilby's accomplishments, Just to name a few, millions, and Millions $$$$$$ for waterlines, Lancing overpass, The new correction facility, Hwy 62 4 lane section from Wartburg to Petit lane, Walking tracks throughout the county, Grants to improve solid waste, Grants for Law-enforcement,
These are just a few things he did for morgan county, and i also want to acknowledge that Miss Ruppe continued to support and work to see some of these finished, Thats another difference when Edwards was elected he let all of the things Ruppe was working on end, because it wasn't his idea, So whats Edwards running on, maybe his dreams.
captain clique

Stanfield, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Bull....I would finish my statement but I don't use bad words. Kilby and Ruppe didn't get it done, sorry
Henry wrote:
Mr Kilby's accomplishments, Just to name a few, millions, and Millions $$$$$$ for waterlines, Lancing overpass, The new correction facility, Hwy 62 4 lane section from Wartburg to Petit lane, Walking tracks throughout the county, Grants to improve solid waste, Grants for Law-enforcement,
These are just a few things he did for morgan county, and i also want to acknowledge that Miss Ruppe continued to support and work to see some of these finished, Thats another difference when Edwards was elected he let all of the things Ruppe was working on end, because it wasn't his idea, So whats Edwards running on, maybe his dreams.
Henry

Wartburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

captain clique wrote:
Bull....I would finish my statement but I don't use bad words. Kilby and Ruppe didn't get it done, sorry<quoted text>
You are wrong, Kilby and Ruppe both worked hard and accomplished a lot, Those who received public water know who did it, and check the newspaper and you will see where Gov Bredeson and John mark Wendell gave all the credit for the new prison to Mr kilby. as the old saying goes the proof is in the pudding. Where were you or do you only have short term memory ?
doggie

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

captain clique wrote:
Bull....I would finish my statement but I don't use bad words. Kilby and Ruppe didn't get it done, sorry<quoted text>
All you know Captain is the lies that the Crouchs and RB have been telling people.
Lana

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Kilby will win BIG.
Conservative

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

I will vote for kilby he managed the county well without all the drama we now have morgan county needs leadership not someone who whines about being a leader no one will follow
donnie

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

We need Kilby, he has proved he can lead our county, not just talk the talk like Don does.
True

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Who were the fools who voted for Francis, and RB??
big yellow grasshopper

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

unfortunately we live in a county where there are capable candidates out there, but they aren't interested in poltics so we get stuck with undesirales such a the Kilby's, the Ruppe's, the Edwards and such who are only out for themselves and cronies.
Henry

Wartburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Big yellow grasshopper, It appears that all the above have been elected by the voters, who didn't think they were (undesirales)i'm not sure what that word means, maybe you should run and see what the voters think of you sir.
Mr Kilby has been elected 3 times as county exec, and 2 times to the state sen, something no other person in the county's history has accomplished, Why ? Because he did a good job and the voters rehired him, When the time comes the voters can compare his record to Mr Edwards and decide whom they want, for me i have already decided on Mr Kilby.
Jack

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

I voted for change but it wasnt what I wanted, i want a county executive who is professional, competent, able to work with others and this time i will vote for someone who is proven I will not vote for edwards again--big mistake
MC Hammerschmidt

Mocksville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Whoever started this poll should have made a NONE OF THE ABOVE button because none of these proposed candidates are worth a dime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wartburg Discussions

Search the Wartburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 26 min BAS 141,620
$33.000.000 Dollars in Debt 3 hr Joe 7
Morgan County Fair 4 hr Why 2
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 7 hr Zeke 8,982
Dawn Henderson 9 hr YOUR_WRONG 42
Wayne potter 10 hr areyoukiddingme 9
When Kilby was Executive jobs left... 10 hr Joe 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wartburg Jobs

•••