tommy

Santa Barbara, CA

#42 Jun 22, 2011
mike made the most sensible post on here that diesel company is a fly by nighter.
opps

Oneida, TN

#43 Jun 22, 2011
Tommy, you wouldn't know sensible if it jumped up and bit you on the butt. All you know is what Don tells you.
mike

Oneida, TN

#44 Jun 22, 2011
Opps, what is it you know about this company that is superior to what has already been expressed? If you know something, I'd like to hear it. I'll be investigating this situation a little further but since it's going elsewhere, it's not worth much more time.

I would suggest we watch the results of Hamblin county's escapade and see if it works out good over the years... how many jobs and how many from Hamblin county, how much investment in the county, pollution problems or not, and how long the company lasts. I have a feeling it will be sold within two years of beginning production. At that time, any agreements made between the company and the county will be ignored (if they're not ignored before that). That's how a $400M business venture of this type operates: they will get into it for the money, bleed the business (and the county if they can) for as much as they can then sell the remains for a profit. That's why they hide the owners, investors and other participants.
tommy

Santa Barbara, CA

#45 Jun 22, 2011
This industrial park was a joke fom day 1 when Boss Hogette started the foolish ideas.
tommy

Santa Barbara, CA

#46 Jun 22, 2011
and we kept the stinking plant out of it ha ha.
mike

Oneida, TN

#47 Jun 22, 2011
Boss Hoggette???? That's funny. Rude but funny.
Anti Joyce II

Wartburg, TN

#48 Jun 23, 2011
Read the business section of todays News Sentinel.
The Morristown City Council unanimously approved measures to clear the way for the gasification plant to be constructed at the I 81 industrial park. No one spoke in opposition of the project. Freedon Energy has over $400 million in capital for the project, this was also explained at the meeting with Cumberland, Morgan, and Roane counties
meeting. Still yet Edwards and Woody lambasted them untill they took another offer. They did not go to Morristown, Morristown came to them with their offer.
Anti Joyce II

Wartburg, TN

#49 Jun 23, 2011
Tommy: the industrial park plan was first put to work in 1996. The reason was the short access to the interstate, as this has been a drawback for industry for many years.
senior

Wartburg, TN

#50 Jun 24, 2011
I just read yesterdays news sentinel, what to hell was Edwards thinking.
antijobs

Oneida, TN

#51 Jun 24, 2011
Don Edwards and some of his cronies are antijobs, they are against jobs, water grants and all other grants that make it possiable for counties like morgan to see progress. just read in this wks paper where he is against helping the factories that are already located here, i guess he wants them to leave as well. The truth is Don edwards is worthless, he would do our county a favor if he resign today, (like his friend R B)
tommy

Santa Barbara, CA

#52 Jun 25, 2011
Let Morristown have it and keep all the coal trucks and disel tankers out of our sight. l was glad to see the coal business and trucks go away in the 1980s anyway.
tommy

Santa Barbara, CA

#53 Jun 25, 2011
don is not anti job he earned a college degree. college grads are not antijob.
Joetheman

Oneida, TN

#55 Jun 25, 2011
tommy wrote:
He is against jobs, except working for the state, federal and county, its sooo funny how those repub's always talk against the goverments, but love to draw those pay checks. You say you are glad this company went to morristown, because you didn't want to see trucks on the roads, this proves you know little about what you are talking about, first the coal was to be railed ,the hauling by trucks would be no problem since the location is less then 1/2 miles off I-40. so now whats your reason to justify your friend mr edwards running this company and all the good paying jobs away from our area? other then him being stupid.
tommy

Santa Barbara, CA

#56 Jun 25, 2011
dont wanna see more CK {crooked kilby} trucks on thr road they already destryed enough.
opps

Wartburg, TN

#57 Jun 27, 2011
Little "t" tommy, must be kinfolks of the Edwards,or just another Kilby smasher. But his man is going down hard, I don't think he will last out his term.
SickinMC

Harriman, TN

#58 Jun 27, 2011
tommy wrote:
and we kept the stinking plant out of it ha ha.
You might have kept the stinking plant out you idiot but all you idiots are still paying for it. Ha Ha ha! Ignorance is bliss.
SickinMC

Harriman, TN

#59 Jun 27, 2011
tommy wrote:
He did'tearn a college degree. rosa Dotson earned it for him. he had a tutor in collge and he needs a tutor now. Maybe he could hire Pooppe to help.
true enough

Columbia, SC

#60 Jun 29, 2011
Freedom Energy is a "paper" company from another state making big promises with their "secret" energy making program. This county already took one on the chin from quick talking big bragging outsiders.(There are plenty of those people already here w/o need of others ;>) The industrial park is too far away from the majority of Morgan Co to offer any jobs to it.Esp when more skilled labor can jet up the mountain from Kingston/Rockwood/Crossville before someone from Sunbright could drive to Oakdale, much less all the way to the Industrial Park. ;/ However painful, it was the prudent thing to do,in not giving in to the barking immedite demands of that man from GA.
true enough

Wartburg, TN

#61 Jun 29, 2011
and......just in case anyone is wondering what Morristown people are thinking about this.....here should be the link to the 585 comments :>

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/morristown-tn...

"I can't stop there!
No one has even heard of Freedom Diesel. They want a million gallons of water a day, and where is it going to come from? Where is it going to go? Need I mention the last sewer mess that the city and Koch Foods got us into??

They want to send out 113 tractor trailers of diesel a day!! Have you driven on South Cumberland lately, or tried to enter I81?? Are you kidding me??
Remember the sludge disaster just a few months ago? It ruined the homes and lives of thousands of people forever. Have you ever heard of CARBON MONOXIDE??!!
This company has tried to set up business in OK and Cumberland County, but the people said, "NO!"
We never got the change to say a word!
Thanks again, Jack Fishman!! "
and
"I looked up the company also and it has a (shady background) and not a lot of info on it other than it being a great investment opportunity?
And shady was the words used by a cumberland county newspaper.
Not saying that its a bad deal for the people here.we need the jobs......but.....
It was also turned down in Ok, where one of the officers of the company came from.
Would you not want to know more about this company before it makes such a dramatic statement on Hamblen County?? Believe me, I would support almost anything that would bring more jobs here. But not a company that has no track record. Don't you see that we are the experiment here?? The people of Hamblen county are the guinea pigs to see if this gasification works. We are the ones who will suffer for it. and most of all, we had no opportunity to say yes or no, as the other communities did. It was a done deal. "
and
"Thanks for the links, madashelltoo. I have very mixed feelings about this so-called "miracle for Morristown" as well. After reading the CT article and researching this company, I have several questions that I want answered. This enterprise just does not pass the smell test. Why were Cumberland Co. officials told that this same plant would create 158 jobs, but Fishman brags that it will bring 600 jobs to Morristown. Quite a different number...and makes me very suspicious. I would love to celebrate 600 'new jobs for Hamblen County...but at what price? "
getreal

Huntsville, TN

#63 Jun 29, 2011
Hats off to county commissioner Kay Johnson , please read her letter in the morgan co news. she has the backbone to tell it like it is concerning Don Edwards, and the sorry job he is doing as county exec. he is a job hater and proves it more everyday. one other thing he talks alot about God, well i want to ask him how can he hate someone as much as he does Mrs Ruppe and say hes right with God? according to Gods word he can't have it both ways. again Mr Edwards comes up short of what he says. Mr edwards should resign to save morgan county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wartburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Justin Clark with ??? 1 hr teg 10
you guys are ignorant 8 hr Candace Melhorn 16
4-Wheelers creating nuisances all over the county (Aug '09) 14 hr Huh 49
sheriff should resign 17 hr Jonathonswift 22
Longmire family Sat free2bme 1
Carroll Family Sat teg 7
Petros Apr 24 crazy 7
More from around the web

Wartburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE