Autopsies results awaited on Wartburg...

Autopsies results awaited on Wartburg double shooting

There are 8 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from May 25, 2012, titled Autopsies results awaited on Wartburg double shooting. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

WARTBURG, Tenn. - Janell Laymance didn't deserve to die the way she did, her neighbor, Lola Romine of Burrville, said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

Sunbright, TN

#1 May 25, 2012
I agree! Janell was a great person, friend, and mother! She had a huge heart! I just hate that things have ended for her and her girls like this. She didn't deserve to die!
Country boy

Huntsville, TN

#2 May 26, 2012
How old are the children? This is so sad for them
From Knoxville

Lenoir City, TN

#3 May 26, 2012
I met Janell just once. She organized Sunbright High's 1992 ten year class reunion in 2002. I didn't grow up around here and just went with someone who was attending their reunion. She made me feel welcome, told me jokes, made the usual city dweller jokes like offering for the boys to take me snipe hunting. If humor is the shortest distance between two people, she was good at it. She struck me as the stereotypical sweet country girl-the kind of girl that might call everyone honey, help you if you needed help, etc. The wonderful type of white woman that is increasingly disappearing from urban areas. It doesn't matter what the investigation shows, I shall remember that day ten years ago. I only remember one other person out of the twenty or so I met. I think this speaks to her personality. Her personality was big and bright enough that a stranger such as I can only remember her and one other after ten years. If the investigation makes it seem that she was a bad person in some people's eyes, I will reject it as "bad". I will interpret it as a decision made in the haste of unbridled passion. You could tell by her laughter and extroversion that she was a passionate person. God help her kids, and Sleep Well Janell.

Huntsville, TN

#4 May 26, 2012
To From Knoxville; I also did not know her well, but no young children should be subjected to this magnitude of grief and loss.
Those poor babies

Huntsville, TN

#5 May 26, 2012
Her girls are now to the time in their lives that they need their mother so much, not that I'm sure there is ever a time when we don't need our mothers. I feel so very bad for them and this loss that I am sure they are far to young to understand. My heart breaks for them, they will have so many people in their lives to love them but nothing or no one will be able to replace a mom who was so special to them. Prayers for all of her family and friends but most especially for those precious girls.

Sunbright, TN

#6 May 27, 2012
I have known Janell about 33 years. We started kindergarten together and graduated together in 1992. She was a great friend to everyone!! I have never heard anyone say a bad word about her! I can also see how she fit right into nursing. She wanted to help people and to make them smile! I've kept in contact through the years but not very close. We live in the same town and would run into one another frequently. As a matter of fact, I saw her two days before she died! There was a great big smile as usual on her face and I am so happy for that last encounter! She was a great mother, friend, and happy to help everyone- type of person. I hate that this has happened!!! I pray that God be with her children and help them with their sorrow! I love you Janell! Thank you for everything you taught me and for being such a kind person!! You surely did not deserve to end your short life this way! You can be an Angel we all knew you always were now!

Jamestown, TN

#7 Dec 1, 2012
i dated janell for a while about 12 years ago. she was a good person and im really gonna miss her a lot. i ran into her and her 2 girls a couple of years ago at the walmart in jamestown and she invited me over to watch movies with her and her girls on halloween night, the four of us had an awesome time and i fell head over heels in love with her two little girls, they were the sweetest kids ive ever seen. we talked about the past and got caught up on where our lives had taken us over the years. i feel like god gave me the chance to spend a little time with janell before he took her away and i'll always cherish those few hours i got to spend with her one last time. i hate whats happened to those two beautiful little angels of hers, i cant even begin to imagine what theyve been thru. i pray for her and her children that she left behind. i will miss you janell, you were a good friend and ill never forget the time that we were together.
dougs mama

United States

#8 Dec 15, 2012
What about Gary he was a good man and father didn't know Janelle I did know Gary he wa31s family6

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wartburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wives Tue Jef 4
Wartburg Football Mon HardeesDawg 77
White people trying to act black (Aug '10) Sun Qwerty 119
Husband don't help Oct 4 Been thinking 45
Sam long Oct 3 scrappy 4
Herbal Incense (Oct '11) Oct 2 poison 42
Used Rocking Horse For Sale Oct 1 Dahlia123 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wartburg Mortgages