Morgan Co. plant fined for faking doc...

Morgan Co. plant fined for faking documents

There are 57 comments on the WBIR-TV story from Jan 23, 2009, titled Morgan Co. plant fined for faking documents. In it, WBIR-TV reports that:

A metal processing plant in Morgan County has been fined $350,000 for violating the U.S. Clean Air Act.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jOE

Grimsley, TN

#1 Jan 25, 2009
I heard that E L Daugherty helped his sister Sona to put her husband in a mental instutaion after she took up with her boss. i hope billys wife does not find out about it.
not believing

Wartburg, TN

#2 Jan 25, 2009
I have known E L Daugherty for years and years and I wouldn't believe this story in a million years. Someone is jealous about something or doesn't like E L or just wants to start a rumor....
WOW

Winfield, TN

#3 Jan 25, 2009
What does this have to do with a metal plant in Morgan Co being fined for violating US Clean Air Act. The threads above seem to be more about an affair.?????????
A Mom

Knoxville, TN

#4 Jan 27, 2009
I agree WOW - the point of the story is the plant violating the clean air act - there seems to be no concern by anyone in Morgan County. We need jobs in the county but at the same time what are they putting in the air that is going across the street to the middle school? I haven't heard anyone say anything other than they violated paper work.

Since: Apr 09

Wartburg, TN

#5 May 11, 2009
We need to shut the place down. It is next to three schools (within a mile or so of them) and two prisons, even the prisoners should have the right to clean air.

It moved from Coalfield where the citizens finally ousted it. I know Wartburg can get this facility out of town.
wakeup

Lancing, TN

#6 May 24, 2009
A Mom wrote:
I agree WOW - the point of the story is the plant violating the clean air act - there seems to be no concern by anyone in Morgan County. We need jobs in the county but at the same time what are they putting in the air that is going across the street to the middle school? I haven't heard anyone say anything other than they violated paper work.
I agree with you, it should be a real concern but it's not. Having this plant located across from a school should be enough to get people worried.(or at least ask what the violations were). But wartburg's water supply is right across the road from this plant and if I lived in the area I be worried about what is falling out into my drinking water. ex. heavy metals like lead, silver etc. all that make you sick for a long time..
17 -Year old on ritalen

United States

#7 May 24, 2009
why did they wannt to putt a poluting plannt on the countie,s only troutt streame, yesh, they run the durn plannt outta Coafield.
Citizen

United States

#8 May 24, 2009
wakeup wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you, it should be a real concern but it's not. Having this plant located across from a school should be enough to get people worried.(or at least ask what the violations were). But wartburg's water supply is right across the road from this plant and if I lived in the area I be worried about what is falling out into my drinking water. ex. heavy metals like lead, silver etc. all that make you sick for a long time..
Morgan county is to desperate for jobs to oust this or any other plant. It polluted the streams for years before it moved to wartburg. Moving upstream didn't help much.
crash

Lancing, TN

#9 Dec 22, 2009
You people have a right to concernd. i used to work there up and til i got hurt over a year ago and lost my job. But as far as the smoke the plant put out, it is supoce to be steam, however in the three years i work there i've seen alot of things happen like harmful chimcal spilled on the grown and not cleaned up properly also some of the material that came into the plant most of the ovens they use can not handle it and very harmful smoke would fil the building and would make its way out the building. The scrubber system out side the plant that the steam comes out of is supose t filter the harmful smoke the ovens put off but it doesn't always work right.
Hilarious

United States

#10 Dec 24, 2009
It cracks me up when people get on here and voice their opinions on something they clearly know nothing about. The fine that they got fined was indeed for paperwork, but it wasn't for faking documents it was for turning in papers after a deadline. It was nothing to do with pollution or anything else. And the plant in Coalfield was owned and operated by completely different management and when the new owners bought it they moved it to a new location to get a fresh start. Heraeus has done alot for the community but people always want to have something to talk about even when they don't know anything about the subject. Heraeus goes through many audits throughout the years booth internally and externally to comply with their ISO standards. As a proud employee of Heraeus I am thankfully for the jobs they supply this county with in an economy that is very horrible and I am also thankful for everything they have done for our schools and community!!
hilarious indeed

Wartburg, TN

#11 Dec 24, 2009
Hilarious wrote:
It cracks me up when people get on here and voice their opinions on something they clearly know nothing about. The fine that they got fined was indeed for paperwork, but it wasn't for faking documents it was for turning in papers after a deadline. It was nothing to do with pollution or anything else. And the plant in Coalfield was owned and operated by completely different management and when the new owners bought it they moved it to a new location to get a fresh start. Heraeus has done alot for the community but people always want to have something to talk about even when they don't know anything about the subject. Heraeus goes through many audits throughout the years booth internally and externally to comply with their ISO standards. As a proud employee of Heraeus I am thankfully for the jobs they supply this county with in an economy that is very horrible and I am also thankful for everything they have done for our schools and community!!
"A metal processing plant in Morgan County has been fined $350,000 for violating the U.S. Clean Air Act.

Officials from Heraeus, which is based in California, pleaded guilty in federal court to faking documents at its Wartburg plant in 2005.

That paperwork was supposed to keep track of the emissions from that facility and provide a basis for comparision in the future."

.....ALSO From the EPA....

"[KNOXVILLE, TN]-Heraeus Metal Processing, Inc.(Heraeus), pled guilty today in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee in Knoxville, to a one-count Information, charging it with making false material statements in and omitting material information from a document required to be maintained pursuant to the Clean Air Act, in violation of Title 42, United States Code, Section 7413(c)(2)(A). Specifically, Heraeus falsified baghouse pressure logs and scrubber logs required to be maintained at its Wartburg, Tennessee, facility pursuant to permits issued by the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC) under delegation from the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)."

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/cases...

..........Hilarious indeed, when people don't know what they are talking about eh?
Hilarious

United States

#12 Dec 24, 2009
Any document that is late or if anything is missing that is later filled in then the original is considered falsified
hmmm

Wartburg, TN

#13 Dec 24, 2009
Hilarious wrote:
Any document that is late or if anything is missing that is later filled in then the original is considered falsified
But you said it wasn't .......... You said .. and I quote ...
"but it wasn't for faking documents it was for turning in papers after a deadline"

BUT that isn't what the guilty part is.... It was for FALSIFYING documents... Do I need to post the link again?

I suggest you read the PLEADED GUILTY of the post you do realize that falsifying and faking documents is the same right?

Talking about people who don't know what they are talking about .... geeze.....

"but it wasn't for faking documents" .... <-- that was your comment .... do you wish to continue????
Farmer Brown

United States

#14 Apr 7, 2010
My cattle have quit giving milk and I can't grow watermelons or corn since this plant moved into town.
itisme

Wartburg, TN

#15 Apr 16, 2010
ur fn dumb. this county has zero economy as it is. Closing this plant would only make it worse.
Chenge

Helenwood, TN

#16 Apr 17, 2010
Farmer Brown wrote:
My cattle have quit giving milk and I can't grow watermelons or corn since this plant moved into town.
Obama may help you on your watermelons. The government is into giving away money they don't have right now and we know that he and his bunch love them watermelons!
gully

United States

#17 Apr 17, 2010
RUPPE TOOK ILLEGAL CONTRIBUTIONS
Democrat candidate for state Senate accepted corporate and foreign money

NASHVILLE, TN Democrat state Senate candidate Becky Ruppe has accepted at least two illegal contributions during her previous campaigns, a search of campaign financial disclosures shows.

In 2004, Ruppe serving as her own campaign treasurer accepted illegal corporate contributions totaling $700 from two corporations doing business in Morgan County, where Ruppe was County Executive.

Records show she accepted $500 from Heraeus Metal Processing Inc., a German company with operations in Wartburg.

The company was incorporated in April 2000. Under state law, corporations are not allowed to make donations to political candidates, and under federal law, foreign money is banned from political campaigns even at the state and local level.

Heraeus re-registered as a limited-liability company in June 2008
Wartburg watcher

Sunbright, TN

#18 Apr 18, 2010
They tried to look good in everybody's eyes by giving Central High thousands and thousands of dollars to build things and fatten their checkbook. They should rename it to Hareuas High.
hmmmm

Bloomington, IN

#19 Apr 18, 2010
itisme wrote:
ur fn dumb. this county has zero economy as it is. Closing this plant would only make it worse.
Hmm .. zero economy? Please explain.....I can show proof right now that there is an economy. Or is that just a statement that you made o prove another ignorant post, like many? There isn't any indication of a zero economy, so why post that?
welllllll

Bloomington, IN

#20 Apr 18, 2010
Wartburg watcher wrote:
They tried to look good in everybody's eyes by giving Central High thousands and thousands of dollars to build things and fatten their checkbook. They should rename it to Hareuas High.
Yeah ... we need to be ashamed of people who give money to our educational system.... I just hate it when people try to throw money at our educational system and try to build things or try to improve things ... what a waste ... I don't know ... maybe it's the selfish in me not wanting local support for our schools.(don't forget to catch the sarcasm).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wartburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mcso 28 min Buddy 16
Brad Potter 1 hr Bethany 14
Courthouse 1 hr myself 14
Brittany meth wh#re Cooper (Dec '15) 5 hr Brittany cooper 27
103 susack ln (old carroll house) 6 hr Josh 3
biggest dead beat parent 7 hr Tim 10
Misty beach 19 hr Richard 7

Wartburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance