If debt collectors fail to respond wi...

If debt collectors fail to respond within 30 days, is the debt invalid and the d

Posted in the Warsaw Forum

ernakrolewski20n u

New York, NY

#1 Nov 20, 2013
If debt collectors fail to respond within 30 days, is the debt invalid and the debtor free of supposed debt?I read this on " About.com "

After receiving your dispute, the collection agency must send you proof that it owns or has been assigned the debt by the original creditor. Verification that you owe the debt and the amount of the debt needs to include documentation from original creditor (however, it is the debt collector who sends it to you). It is not enough for the collection agency to simply send you a printout of the amount owed.

If the debt collector "does not verify the debt within 30 days", it is not allowed to continue collecting the debt from you nor can it list the debt on your credit report. Should the debt collector list the debt on your credit report, you can dispute the debt with the credit bureau. Sending the credit bureau a copy of your debt validation letter along with the certified and return receipts will help get the account removed from your credit report.
emeldasarton9dc

New York, NY

#2 Nov 20, 2013
ernakrolewski20nu wrote:
If debt collectors fail to respond within 30 days, is the debt invalid and the debtor free of supposed debt?I read this on " About.com "

After receiving your dispute, the collection agency must send you proof that it owns or has been assigned the debt by the original creditor. Verification that you owe the debt and the amount of the debt needs to include documentation from original creditor (however, it is the debt collector who sends it to you). It is not enough for the collection agency to simply send you a printout of the amount owed.

If the debt collector "does not verify the debt within 30 days", it is not allowed to continue collecting the debt from you nor can it list the debt on your credit report. Should the debt collector list the debt on your credit report, you can dispute the debt with the credit bureau. Sending the credit bureau a copy of your debt validation letter along with the certified and return receipts will help get the account removed from your credit report..
This site can help you finding the best option for you:@www.credit-solutions.info

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warsaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Expose Sickness Jan 3 three blocks 2
Replace DOC Leadership Aug '17 Replace DOC Leade... 1
Prison Officers Alone Aug '17 Prison Officers A... 1
Does my one vote count? (Aug '16) Aug '16 Daniel Boone 1
Tuck park (Jun '15) Jun '15 Ralph 1
News 7 arrested in synthetic marijuana conspiracy (Mar '14) Jun '14 Tom 17
Review: Fat Finch Cafe (Jul '11) May '14 corbin franklin 24

Warsaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance