Yuck

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

I worked with this guy before, if its the same one. I hope not.

----— MALONE, NY — A 22-year-old man was found guilty of rape and other charges by a Franklin County Court jury on Friday.

Donald J. Gokey was found guilty just 26 minutes after the jury members went in for deliberations.

He was arrested in April 2011 after being returned from his home state of Virginia, where he was detained as a fugitive from justice on the local charge.

Franklin County District Attorney Derek Champagne said the 12-year-old victim was raped when Gokey was temporarily staying in the Constable area.

He had been charged with four counts of rape, five counts of criminal sexual act and four counts of endangering the welfare of a child. Gokey was found guilty on all 13 charges, which stem from incidents in early 2011.

Champagne said that Gokey “twisted and manipulated” the 12-year girl.

He could face more than 100 years in prison if the court imposes consecutive sentences.
Montross, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

There is a rapist living on Newland Rd.
Yuck

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

MALONE — A Constable man was sentenced to 40 years in state prison Wednesday for repeatedly raping a 12-year-old girl three years ago.

Donald J. Gokey, 25, was convicted on 13 charges, including four counts of first-degree rape, five counts of criminal sexual act and four counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

It took the jury 26 minutes to reach a verdict at his December 2012 trial.

BRIEF APOLOGY

Gokey appeared for sentencing Wednesday before Acting Franklin County Court Judge Kathleen Rogers and said,“I apologize for my actions.”

But when she asked him to elaborate about what he meant, Gokey shrugged his shoulders and remained quiet.

Rogers said,“That’s not much for an apology,” whereby defense attorney Edward Narrow leaned in to his client and whispered.

Gokey then added,“I’m sorry for the pain and suffering.”

The judge said Gokey has taken no responsibility for his actions and that he could have taken a plea and spared his victim “the horrible humiliation” of telling a courtroom full of people — including the jury, court officers and spectators — the graphic details of what happened to her.

CLAIMED TEACHING

Rogers noted that Gokey was very articulate when he took the stand during the trial and gave his version of what had happened, which was “contrary to the evidence.”

District Attorney Derek Champagne said Gokey was caught when a member of the girl’s family saw sexually explicit text messages on her phone and questioned her about it.

Gokey, who fled the area and had to be extradited from Alabama, was sentenced to 10 years on each rape count, seven years for each sex-act count and one year in County Jail on each endangerment count.

The sex-act and endangerment terms are to be served concurrently to the rape counts.

He was also ordered to serve 20 years of post-release supervision and to pay a $1,000 fine and $425 in assorted court surcharges and fees.

An order of protection that will expire March 6, 2013, was issued for the victim and her family.

COURAGE CITED

“The judge was dead-on,” said Champagne.“And the courage of that girl to go before that jury and tell what happened, I couldn’t be more proud.”

In the gallery witnessing the sentencing were the victim, seven members of her family and several law-enforcement officers who came for the conclusion of the case.

“We were pleased with the entire investigation,” the DA said, describing Gokey’s actions as “twisted and manipulative.”

The prosecutor said the girl has “scars that will never heal” and urged Rogers to sentence Gokey to at least 65 years behind bars.

He said sentencing is weighed using five factors but that rehabilitation is not possible in this case.

“There is no way to rehabilitate these (kinds of) people. That’s a farce,” Champagne said.“That’s why this sentence was appropriate.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Warsaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
7 arrested in synthetic marijuana conspiracy Jun '14 Tom 17
Review: Fat Finch Cafe (Jul '11) May '14 corbin franklin 24
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
Embezzement (Feb '14) Feb '14 Corrut ing 1
Local business owner faces multiple drug charges (Jun '12) Dec '13 Dale 9

Search the Warsaw Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Warsaw Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Warsaw People Search