Teeth

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2010

There was a string of them in one month: bam, bam, bam. I think they were all gunshot wounds. Back in the 90s. Now there's lots of attempted suicides. There's call on the scanner all of the time about it. What is going on? Are these folks screaming out a cry for help, or what? And are we listening? Or are we just a bunch of stuck-up white people who only care about ourselves, and getting ourselves, and screwing others before they screw you?

I don't respect any person that takes their own life, but if it's a child, I want to know all of the circumstances in their life that they felt like they had to go that route. There is an adult to blame, and they should be blamed. No person should ever have to feel that suicide is the only way out. No person.
wow

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

i think it has to do with how the kids treat each other in school nowadays and the parents think it's fine and it wont hurt anything. the parents need to bust their childs ass for ever bullying anyone. i have a brother in the gallatin county school system, and i went there as well and i seen it all through out school, kids picking on other kids, then the school never does anything about it, they let it keep on going and going, then the parents dont say anything and just let it happen. i dont think gallatin county is a good place for anyone!
man in the background

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

they are working on legislation now, but i know what you mean.
Hmmm

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Don't respect a person who takes their own life? I love the amount of judgmental people in this small-minded county. A person who harms them selves are considered to be in an altered mental status. No matter what "their" reasoning is, they are not in the oriented frame of mind, they should be in. Not saying that is an excuse, however it -is- a medical reason.

And those stuck up white people you're talking about... I'm assuming you're talking about police, EMS, and hospitals? When someone says they have intentions to harm themselves or another, are forced by law to treat that person. Do your research before you start pointing your holy finger at people.

And I hope you never reach a point of desperation so low, that you consider it. It's a terrible thing. But, evidently you're better than those people. So have at, dude.
Melvin Adams

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Judged:

No. I'm talking about the stuck up white people around here (and nice how you defend suicide and then suggest it). If I was stuck in a ditch, I bet a black person or a Mexican would stop to help me out. A white person would just stick their nose up, and keep on going.

Those who shot themselves are Chris Kinman, Mia Knotts, and John Brown (?), I think.
Hmmm

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Ha! I did NOT defend suicide and suggest it. But great job on twisting my words. And, it's a pity that you don't have enough coothe about you and your whiteness to stop and help someone lying in the ditch. That's what you're saying, right? Or are you the exception to us mean old whiteys?
Melvin Adams

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Judged:

I am the exception. I admire the work ethic and family-centered culture that Mexicans display. Or how black people have had to deal with racists for the many years that they have, and they are still around to tell about it.

Chris Kinman got into a car wreck, and that's why he shot himself.

John Brown (is that his name? or r u not in this conversation...), he wrote a letter to his father saying how he was sorry that he was such a disappointment to him.

Mia Knotts was John's girlfriend, and followed suit for her own reasons.

I'm not sure if these are the right reasons, but they are reasons that I heard.
the lookout

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

chris kinman's grilfriend brokeup with him.

brown is not johns last name I can't remember what it was but it was over him and mia.

don't forget jeff wheeler
Melvin Adams

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Was Jeff in the same time frame? There's been a lot, and recently, on the scanner, there's been several attempts, so I think finding the root cause of the problem is important if we really want to fix the situations that are causing folks to feel like they have no other choice except to end their life.
Nomad

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

It's a travesty. People think it's a way out, no, it's a way for eternal damnation!
Melvin Adams

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

A way out? Who thinks it's a way out? Out of what? The inner trapped thoughts of a closet homosexual who pretends to be a homophobe? Is that what you're saying?
the lookout

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

people who are going to kill there self say they have hit rock bottom. if you hit rock bottom there is only one way to go and that is up.
Sad

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Judged:

I read the above comments and my heart breaks. I would like to think there were some signs a person would give before committing suicide. It is horrible for the families and so sad. The world is in really bad shape with the war, economy, and no jobs.
wow

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Melvin Adams wrote:
I am the exception. I admire the work ethic and family-centered culture that Mexicans display. Or how black people have had to deal with racists for the many years that they have, and they are still around to tell about it.
Chris Kinman got into a car wreck, and that's why he shot himself.
John Brown (is that his name? or r u not in this conversation...), he wrote a letter to his father saying how he was sorry that he was such a disappointment to him.
Mia Knotts was John's girlfriend, and followed suit for her own reasons.
I'm not sure if these are the right reasons, but they are reasons that I heard.
so im pretty sure that there had to be a whole lot more than just tiny ass little reasons than that. ass.
Melvin Adams

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

like what? that's what i want to know... the real reasons. i bet there right. father issues.
Mosh

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Judged:

It's selfish what they did. Basically they were saying they only cared about themselves. Sad.
anonymous

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Judged:

Mosh wrote:
It's selfish what they did. Basically they were saying they only cared about themselves. Sad.

Obviously you know nothing about the social development of teens. Developmentally, the world revolves around yourself when you are a teenager. I'm not saying that makes what they did ok, but that's what teenagers do, they see the world as to how it relates to them. I don't think that's a fair judgement.

The kids name was Boothe, not Brown. I don't think all the speculation as to why they did this is appropriate. Although it's been over 10 year now, the pain is still real to these families and their friends everyday.
Mosh

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

It's been 10 years, and when it happened it would have been hard to talk about, but it needs to be talked about right now. There have been several cries for help, nowadays, and if one kid blows their brains out now, I will blame those people whose feelings are getting hurt. How can we have a sincere conversation if we're too worried about hurting somebody's feelings? And if those kids wanted out, perhaps listening to their so-called "loved ones" is not a great idea. Where were they when their kids needed help?
The only way a problem is going to be solved is to figure out what happened.
The first boy shot himself because his father was a jerk to him. The girl shot herself because she loved the first boy. And the other boy shot himself b/c of his father, or because of wrecking his car, or because his girlfriend broke up with him. While I'm not 100% sure if these are the reasons, these are the reasons I've believed for many years, since no other alternative or viable reason has surfaced.
I don't know much about Jeff Wheeler's case.
So if we want to prevent these from happening again, we need to tell the fathers to knock it off and quit taking their miserables lives out on their own children. If a father failed in life, why does that mean they have to place an unachievable burden over their kid's heads? Because they love them? Or because they want them to blow their brains out?
I would say a suicide is definitely a failure of the parent too. I'd also say that suicide is the failure of the community. You mean nobody knew about John Boothe's condition? There were no signs? I remember Kinman being a jerk. Is that because that's how he was taught?
Afterwards there was a big meeting at the old high school gym where one of the panelists confidently said "yes" they have thought about suicide, everybody has. And that made me feel comfortable... I mean sure a thought may pop in their from time to time, but then you decide to move on, and that's that. Crazy ideas pop in your head all of the time. There are times when I just want to punch somebody in the face. I don't do it. I say "no" to that impulse. Same thing to suicidal people.
I mean if you are thinking about it, and you think you are weird for thinking about it, then you become even more isolated than before. And I guarantee you there were signs. Was John and Mia goth-like? With the black lipstick and all? There's a good sign of something. Has the school system completely ignored all the signs?
And I know my family, and if something happens to me, take plenty of pictures of my body, and don't listen to a word of what my family says. They don't speak for me. In fact, make sure they are no where around. If something happened to me, it's not a suicide; it's a murder. But if everybody starts calling for "just being polite for polite's sake", then nobody will get closer to the truth. Take lots of pictures of my dead body and avenge my death. If you cared about me, you'd tell my so-called family to fuck off. And that's in my Will too. So we'll see if that even works. I bet though, my jerk sister will take over, and even my friends would be too afraid to say anything to her, even though she does not represent me, nor will she ever. Stay away from my funeral Kristi. I don't want her there. Or Kevin. They wouldn't avenge my death. They don't care. They didn't care about me when I lived. In death, they would be worse off. In fact, if they do show up, everybody at my funeral is invited to start spitting on them. I don't want you there. Don't pretend you assholes gave a shit. You'd rather me die, than to ever let the world know that he's a piece of shit. They care more about their own appearances than they do about other people. They're Republican. What can you expect?
But yeah. So being "nice" to the survivors is detrimental for the dead. Why did Chris do what he did? He wrote a note. So did John Boothe. What did those notes say?
anonymous

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Mosh said "Was John and Mia goth-like? With the black lipstick and all? There's a good sign of something. Has the school system completely ignored all the signs."

Seriously?? Have you been in a school in the past 5 years? Half of the kids are "goth" and wear all black. That doesn't mean they're suicidal. What are the teachers supposed to do? Put half the student body on a watch list.

Mosh said "They're Republican. What can you expect?"
Nice judgement statement. Real classy and mature. So now half of the country cares more about themselves than other people just because of their party label??

Mosh said "But yeah. So being "nice" to the survivors is detrimental for the dead. Why did Chris do what he did? He wrote a note. So did John Boothe. What did those notes say."

Yeah screw the friends and family left behind. I'm sure they all saw it coming and turned their heads. I knew Chris. A jerk, maybe sometimes. I admit he had a temper at times but at other times he was the funniest guy around. He left no note, which is the best indicator that the suicide was a rash decision, not premeditated. He displayed none of the typical signs of someone thinking about suicide.(talking about dying, giving personal things away, etc.) Hindsight is 20/20 but I don't think its fair to place all of the blame on the parents or the schoolss or whoever. The REASON they did it is not important. Each person has their own triggers that will set them off and just because you figure out what one person's motive was, doesn't mean you will be able to prevent a suicide in the future. The important thing that we need to take away from these events is that these teens didn't know how to handle their personal conflicts. They felt they had no options and didn't know of any reources they thought would help them. We should be teaching our teens how to deal with their problems in a healthy way instead of leaving them to think suicide is the only option.
Mosh

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

There's always signs, just talking about talking one's life is a sign, and sometimes, if you aren't ready for it, or perhaps you're depressed yourself, somebody tells you they want to end it all, do you take them seriously or act like it was a joke?

Motive has everything to do everything. If there is one consistent reason for why our children want to kill themselves, then we can work on preventing that from happening. You're right, hindsight is 20/20. The mistakes that were made were made, and there's probably not much we can do about it. What we can do, is if we see a young man or woman who is in the same situation as Mr. Wheeler, John, Mia, or Chris, is to reach out, or at least send them someplace that can help.

And with so many goth folks in school, perhaps smashing their independent spirit, and making them domicile and obedient isn't the best way to prepare them for life. Maybe you should show them why life is worth living before molding them to think exactly like you. In fact, we need educators would stand for their students to be different, and not to expect everybody to just do whatever you say whenever you say it. You're a Principal, not a Warden. You're the ones that are supposed to give a damn. Yes, they should half of the student body on a watchlist, if they are showing suicidal signs. I bet most of those kids are good kids, and they are taught to not hurt others, but themselves, they may cut themselves just to feel alive. One kid's myspace name is "Emo Kid". Great. So here's a kid directly telling everybody he's depressed and cutting himself, and nobody has done a thing. Will they? Or will they wait until it's too late?

In Grant County, a man in Jail hung himself. Another suicide, but I guess we're not supposed to talk about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warsaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min DITCH MITCH 151,075
Dorman 9 min d 4
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 19 min Ali the great one 1,204
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 6 hr Reality 16,145
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 17 hr yourmommm 1,048
judge linda bramlage (Aug '12) 20 hr donewithit 82
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Wed Huh 26,225
•••
•••
•••

Warsaw Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Warsaw People Search