Bill Clinton hates Obama - wants to d...

Bill Clinton hates Obama - wants to defeat him

Posted in the Warsaw Forum

Rooster Cogburn

Scottsville, KY

#1 Sep 3, 2012
Bill Clinton on Obama:'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'

Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: "A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/bill-clin...

Clinton Knows What He's Doing

Roger Simon has an interesting and amusing piece at Politico about Bill Clinton's recent shenanigans undercutting Barack Obama.

Its only problem is its premise, captured in its title:“Bill Clinton out of control on 2012.” But that's not the case.

It's in fact perfectly evident that Bill Clinton is very much in control with respect to 2012: He wants Barack Obama to lose, and is helping that cause.

He wants Obama to lose not primarily, I think, because it probably opens the door wider for Hillary in 2016, but for two other more important (to him) reasons:

1). An Obama reelection loss would leave Clinton as the only twice-elected (i.e., successful) Democratic president since FDR.

2). Obama often disses Clinton, explaining that equality, family income, general well-being in America have suffered in the last three decades or so.

Who was president during most of one of those decades, Clinton must think to himself as he grinds his teeth?

In Obama's recounting of recent American history, Clinton tends to be a hapless parenthesis between Reagan-Bush and Bush II.

This account presumably doesn't sit well with America's 42nd president, and he's therefore cheerfully doing his best to see to it that Mitt Romney becomes America's 45th in November.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/clinton-k...
Obama 2012

AOL

#2 Sep 29, 2012
Rooster Cogburn wrote:
Bill Clinton on Obama:'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'
Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: "A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/bill-clin...
Clinton Knows What He's Doing
Roger Simon has an interesting and amusing piece at Politico about Bill Clinton's recent shenanigans undercutting Barack Obama.
Its only problem is its premise, captured in its title:“Bill Clinton out of control on 2012.” But that's not the case.
It's in fact perfectly evident that Bill Clinton is very much in control with respect to 2012: He wants Barack Obama to lose, and is helping that cause.
He wants Obama to lose not primarily, I think, because it probably opens the door wider for Hillary in 2016, but for two other more important (to him) reasons:
1). An Obama reelection loss would leave Clinton as the only twice-elected (i.e., successful) Democratic president since FDR.
2). Obama often disses Clinton, explaining that equality, family income, general well-being in America have suffered in the last three decades or so.
Who was president during most of one of those decades, Clinton must think to himself as he grinds his teeth?
In Obama's recounting of recent American history, Clinton tends to be a hapless parenthesis between Reagan-Bush and Bush II.
This account presumably doesn't sit well with America's 42nd president, and he's therefore cheerfully doing his best to see to it that Mitt Romney becomes America's 45th in November.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/clinton-k...
Mitt Romney in race of his Life,

All Polls Have Him Behind

Reap What You Sow.

Obama 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warsaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chad Murray 2 hr Sayitaintso 7
Red sports car 18 hr Curious 1
Prostitutes Aug 19 Duncan 2
swingers (May '15) Aug 17 Jack32670 2
Wonder Aug 14 AnalFissure 2
gallatin county fair Aug 14 Swifty 4
Punks Aug 14 AnalFissure 13

Warsaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance