Rooster Cogburn

Bethpage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Bill Clinton on Obama:'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'

Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: "A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/bill-clin...

Clinton Knows What He's Doing

Roger Simon has an interesting and amusing piece at Politico about Bill Clinton's recent shenanigans undercutting Barack Obama.

Its only problem is its premise, captured in its title:“Bill Clinton out of control on 2012.” But that's not the case.

It's in fact perfectly evident that Bill Clinton is very much in control with respect to 2012: He wants Barack Obama to lose, and is helping that cause.

He wants Obama to lose not primarily, I think, because it probably opens the door wider for Hillary in 2016, but for two other more important (to him) reasons:

1). An Obama reelection loss would leave Clinton as the only twice-elected (i.e., successful) Democratic president since FDR.

2). Obama often disses Clinton, explaining that equality, family income, general well-being in America have suffered in the last three decades or so.

Who was president during most of one of those decades, Clinton must think to himself as he grinds his teeth?

In Obama's recounting of recent American history, Clinton tends to be a hapless parenthesis between Reagan-Bush and Bush II.

This account presumably doesn't sit well with America's 42nd president, and he's therefore cheerfully doing his best to see to it that Mitt Romney becomes America's 45th in November.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/clinton-k...
Obama 2012

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Rooster Cogburn wrote:
Bill Clinton on Obama:'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'
Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: "A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/bill-clin...
Clinton Knows What He's Doing
Roger Simon has an interesting and amusing piece at Politico about Bill Clinton's recent shenanigans undercutting Barack Obama.
Its only problem is its premise, captured in its title:“Bill Clinton out of control on 2012.” But that's not the case.
It's in fact perfectly evident that Bill Clinton is very much in control with respect to 2012: He wants Barack Obama to lose, and is helping that cause.
He wants Obama to lose not primarily, I think, because it probably opens the door wider for Hillary in 2016, but for two other more important (to him) reasons:
1). An Obama reelection loss would leave Clinton as the only twice-elected (i.e., successful) Democratic president since FDR.
2). Obama often disses Clinton, explaining that equality, family income, general well-being in America have suffered in the last three decades or so.
Who was president during most of one of those decades, Clinton must think to himself as he grinds his teeth?
In Obama's recounting of recent American history, Clinton tends to be a hapless parenthesis between Reagan-Bush and Bush II.
This account presumably doesn't sit well with America's 42nd president, and he's therefore cheerfully doing his best to see to it that Mitt Romney becomes America's 45th in November.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/clinton-k...
Mitt Romney in race of his Life,

All Polls Have Him Behind

Reap What You Sow.

Obama 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Warsaw Forum right now

Search the Warsaw Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 min but now 81,566
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min this ones for you 146,094
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 20 hr Ricky Noya 16,114
Who is the pastor at Friendship Baptist Church? 20 hr wondering 2
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Tue JOE NASTY 26,182
Cowboy Hopkins (May '10) Mon Boozer 43
A New Power Dynamic In Gallatin County (Nov '10) Sun Fritz 4
•••
•••
•••
Warsaw Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Warsaw Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000