Deer hunt OKd inside Warsaw

Deer hunt OKd inside Warsaw

There are 14 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 7, 2006, titled Deer hunt OKd inside Warsaw. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A deer hunt will be held inside the city limits by the end of the year under a plan aimed at reducing the number of animals now living around several neighborhoods.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

deer86

Milroy, IN

#1 Nov 7, 2006
Good for the city. To help the community, why not have the hunters donate 1/2 of the meat to the local Food Closet or an organization that will feed the poor. Then this measure will help the community in 2 ways. Can I come and hunt?
Runkel

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Nov 7, 2006
where's the hoe when you need him.
Tonda

Carmel, IN

#3 Nov 7, 2006
with all the hungry people in the world why ont have the hunt and donate the meat to all the shelters in the area?that way it won't be considered a waste of an animal.to kill any animal just to watch it suffer is inhuman.
Deer Hunter

United States

#4 Nov 7, 2006
Do you have to be a Warsaw resident to participate in this hunt?
Bob

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Nov 7, 2006
Why does the meat have to go to the poor/hungry? The hunter has spent thousands of dollars on equipment and licensing! Shouldn't he get to eat what he has worked for?
Warsaw Resident

Prospect, OH

#6 Nov 7, 2006
I think this is a good idea, as long as it is carried out safely and the town residents are made aware of when so that they can keep an eye on their pets, children, ect.
As far as who should get the meat from the hunt, I believe that the hunters should have the chance to keep it for themselves if they like, if the want to donate the meat that should also be an option. Deer is a required taste and even though there are hungry people in the area, not all may be able to stomach deer.
The Hoe

Crawfordsville, IN

#7 Nov 7, 2006
The Hoe is here, Runkel, and I've personally witnessed the problem, mainly near the lacustrine wetland adjacent to Pike Lake and the hospital (KCH), so I hope they kill 'em all, will be best for the biology in the area. Peace out!
Hunter

Collierville, TN

#9 Nov 7, 2006
Animal Have Rights too, you know if they don't have these hunts those deer will over populate and starve and also hurt other animals by eating all food for other animals. So it needs to be done!!1
Travis Stinson

Ashburn, VA

#10 Nov 7, 2006
This is a good job, both by the residents and by the city council to work together on this. The deer reduction hunts have proved very successful in other areas and I think it a wise decision.
Travis Stinson

Ashburn, VA

#11 Nov 7, 2006
"If they can hunt deers, next step citizens will start to hunt jews, blacks and gays."

Deers, huh? I thought tree huggers were educated?
kristen

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Nov 8, 2006
would you rather hit a deer with your car and possible kill yourself and others, or wait for the community to come up with a more humane way to take care of the problem than hunt them, which many people nation wide bow hunt year around.
todd

United States

#13 Nov 13, 2006
Travis Stinson wrote:
"If they can hunt deers, next step citizens will start to hunt jews, blacks and gays."
Deers, huh? I thought tree huggers were educated?
its a deer for god sakes not a human.
todd

United States

#14 Nov 13, 2006
Deer Hunter wrote:
Do you have to be a Warsaw resident to participate in this hunt?
Im with you were do we sign up for the hunt
marc

Westmont, IL

#15 Sep 26, 2008
you have to be within the county to hunt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warsaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burning Leaves: Legal or Illegal (Mar '09) Nov 4 F_you 31
Needing a place. Aug '17 Renee 1
News Hillary Clinton's pastor plagiarized prayer in ... Aug '17 fingers mcgurke 8
News Hillary Clinton's pastor plagiarized prayer at ... Aug '17 anonymous 2
News Discrepancies Seen In Bronson Testimony Aug '17 stutz239 1
News Voice of the People: System keeps bad judges on... (Sep '08) Jul '17 IdiotsRule 9
Sidney Music Thread (May '17) May '17 Musikologist 4

Warsaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warsaw Mortgages