In Indiana, Obama declares stimulus i...

In Indiana, Obama declares stimulus is working

There are 94 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 5, 2009, titled In Indiana, Obama declares stimulus is working. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Reporting from Wakarusa, Ind. - President Obama returned today to this economically hard-hit stretch of northern Indiana for the fourth time in 15 months, proclaiming that the government's economic stimulus program is working and has begun to switch gears from rescue to recovery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
keep the change

Naperville, IL

#1 Aug 5, 2009
if it is working, I guess there is no need to spend the other 95% of stimulus
ejo

Buffalo Grove, IL

#2 Aug 5, 2009
thank goodness for the stimulus-why, without it, I have heard that unemployment might go above 8%. what, it's at 9.5 and rising. let's move on to another topic.
Daryl

Midlothian, IL

#3 Aug 5, 2009
The stimulus is working? What is this, a sick Democrat joke? Eighteen (18) percent unemployment in the Elkhart area; nationwide, 6 MILLION more people have gone on food stamps in the past year (Dept. of Agriculture); 4 million people have lost their jobs since Obama took office; consumer spending, except for gasoline, is DOWN; and the only evidence of the "stimulus" is a dopey auto "clunkers for cash" program that went to wealthy people able to buy a car, while poor people must make do with their old clunkers. Obama won't even talk about cutting corporate and personal taxes, which WOULD stimulate the private economy. Instead, everyone will get a large tax INCREASE next year when he lets the Bush tax cuts expire. No wonder the American people are incensed.
LOL

Romeoville, IL

#4 Aug 5, 2009
Quote from a resident of Elkart common sense is amazing.

"I keep feeling that Obama's still in campaign mode: making lots of promises, giving us few details and not giving us a lot of results," said Ahlersmeyer, 50. "Until there are jobs, why tackle healthcare? Why not fix one thing first?"
George From Outerspace

Canada

#5 Aug 5, 2009
Oh yeah PORK/stimmulus on an unimaginable scale that has NOT even entered into the economy via the Appropriations Committees is already working.

MORE lies by Barry BS

“I welcome DEATH”

Since: Mar 09

Campton

#6 Aug 5, 2009
NOT !!
Jeff Richards

Chicago, IL

#7 Aug 5, 2009
Dumbama also proclaimed the Cambridge police acting stupidly and that his healthcare plan would reduce costs and that he was born as a result of the Selma march and the lies go on and on and on and on.

Does anyone really believe a word this hack says anymore?

There has never been a president who has broken so many campaign promises so quickly.
Morton mike

United States

#8 Aug 5, 2009
Your kidding me right. A revolution is coming people. We are not going to allow someone like this to look us straight in the eye and spew the lies that this presidnet does. The frickin unemployment rate in that area is 17%. I bet they are absolutley tickeled to death that he has money for electric cars. How can this be happening to us? Elections have consequences and this was a big one.
Morton mike

United States

#9 Aug 5, 2009
Why are we taking this people, WHY?
Worst President Evah

Chicago, IL

#10 Aug 5, 2009
The constant lying.
The staggering arrogance.
The dangerous narcissism.
The astounding incompetence.

Obama is a disgrace.
Derrick

Chicago, IL

#11 Aug 5, 2009
LOL wrote:
Quote from a resident of Elkart common sense is amazing.
"I keep feeling that Obama's still in campaign mode: making lots of promises, giving us few details and not giving us a lot of results," said Ahlersmeyer, 50. "Until there are jobs, why tackle healthcare? Why not fix one thing first?"
Here's why.

Because he and his cunning circle realize some basic truths:

The American people in their unimaginable kindness and trust voted for a pig in a poke in 2008. They wanted so much to believe Barack Obama was somehow better and different from other ultra-leftists that they simply took him on faith.

They ignored his anti-white writings in his books. They ignored his quiet acceptance of hysterical anti-American diatribes by his minister, Jeremiah Wright.

They ignored his refusal to explain years at a time of his life as a student. They ignored his ultra-left record as a "community organizer," Illinois state legislator, and Senator.

The American people ignored his total zero of an academic record as a student and teacher, his complete lack of scholarship when he was being touted as a scholar.

Now, the American people are starting to wake up to the truth. Barack Obama is a super likeable super leftist, not a fan of this country, way, way too cozy with the terrorist leaders in the Middle East, way beyond naive, all the way into active destruction of our interests and our allies and our future.

The American people have already awakened to the truth that the stimulus bill -- a great idea in theory -- was really an immense bribe to Democrat interest groups, and in no way an effort to help all Americans.

Now, Americans are waking up to the truth that ObamaCare basically means that every time you are sick or injured, you will have a clerk from the Department of Motor Vehicles telling your doctor what he can and cannot do.

The American people already know that Mr. Obama's plan to lower health costs while expanding coverage and bureaucracy is a myth, a promise of something that never was and never will be -- a bureaucracy lowering costs in a free society. Either the costs go up or the free society goes away.

These are perilous times. Mrs. Hillary Clinton, our Secretary of State, has given Iran the go-ahead to have nuclear weapons, an unqualified betrayal of the nation. Now, we face a devastating loss of freedom at home in health care. It will be joined by controls on our lives to "protect us" from global warming, itself largely a fraud if believed to be caused by man.

Mr. Obama knows Americans are getting wise and will stop him if he delays at all in taking away our freedoms.

There is his urgency and our opportunity. Once freedom is lost, America is lost. Wake up, beloved America.
already done

Chicago, IL

#12 Aug 5, 2009
"Most of the money --$1.5 billion -- will go toward the development of advanced batteries that will allow electric cars to drive longer distances on a single charge."

there's already a electric car on teh market:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

why waste the money to have GM produce something thats 10x as expensive?
Morton mike

United States

#13 Aug 5, 2009
why was there not a full scale riot when he told this people that he was going to award 2.8 billion in grants for electric cars. He wnet there to tell them what they already knew. They know that since he has taken office the unemployment rate is 17%. Come on you worthless libs, try to defend this empty suit, just try!
Clark Kent

Schaumburg, IL

#14 Aug 5, 2009
If they allow the economy to build back up, more and more people will be very protective of their jobs and not allow for bills like Cap & Trade to get through.

If they allow companies the opportunity to begin to employ people again, more people will have private sector insurance that they're happy with and not let health care pass.

It's all control tactics and the new game is to see if the people can out last the government. I know we can!

Support your freedoms! Support your rights! Support OUR United States Constitution! Do not let them take your powers! Do not let a bunch of tax cheats reach into your pocket for the dollars you work hard for to fead your family so that they can spread it around to get votes!
ejo

Buffalo Grove, IL

#15 Aug 5, 2009
consumer spending is up, glory be to Obama-oh, wait, it's up because of higher gas prices. can we move on to another topic (by the way, those clunkers being destroyed would be bought by poor folks, meaning they'll have to keep their old clunkers a few more years. like all gov. programs, if you used common sense and bought a car with decent mileage, to he ll with you, you get to subsidize those that bought gas guzzlers.)
Have Faith in your savior

Schaumburg, IL

#16 Aug 5, 2009
Don't worry about the fact that none of you have jobs and the jobless rates continues to skyrocket...'have faith' that my 800 billion dollar plan is working even though there is ZERO evidence of that. While your at it, just blindly believe that my ObamaCare is going to fix the rest of your problems, even though Socialized medicine has been a complete failure in every other civilized nation to the point that everyone else is moving toward more of a privatized insurance system. OBAMA IS A JOKE!
Saul Alinsky

United States

#17 Aug 5, 2009
B.O. my boy, way too much exposure, the people are catching on to you!!
Morton mike

United States

#18 Aug 5, 2009
Where is the defense of this dufuss?
Morton mike

United States

#19 Aug 5, 2009
Do you think the Rahm is forcing the Tribune to turn over our identities and will be coming after us? Do you think he would be above that?
No More Lies

Hines, IL

#20 Aug 5, 2009
Faith in what? A president who at every turn distorts the truth or out right lies? An ever increasing debt created by the biggest government expansion ever witnessed? A takeover of the healthcare system by government no nothings? No thanks!! Those who oppose this and this administration and congress needs to keep the heat on and expose the lies and failures of their policies. Go back please and review the real history of the Reagan years when he along with congress reduced the top tax rates- unprecedented GDP growth and tax revenues no one expected. Government cannot do what the private sector can do much better - generate jobs and wealth. This president along with his Chicago gang may well bankrupt the country. Wake up America, solutions are not coming from Washington, D.C.- it's our money they are spending!! Hold them to account - vote em out if necessary. Including the repeat Sen. Durbin - what a joke!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warsaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Go Trump Jan 31 Trump Man 1
Burning Leaves: Legal or Illegal (Mar '09) Jan '17 Catskinsamich 28
News Lake City Bank's David M. Findlay Appointed to ... Nov '16 John Gove 1
Wawasee High School (Feb '13) Oct '16 Concerned Parent 3
deitzs tavern Sep '16 kygurl 2
Owens on Center Street (Apr '15) Sep '16 Illumini574 3
I'm looking for information about the tunnels u... (Sep '15) Sep '16 Illumini574 2

Warsaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warsaw Mortgages