Warsaw OKs city deer hunt

Warsaw OKs city deer hunt

There are 43 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 7, 2007, titled Warsaw OKs city deer hunt. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

WARSAW, Ind. - This northern Indiana city has hired archers to hunt deer inside city limits in an expanded effort to reduce the deer population.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
A hunter

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 7, 2007
Birth control for deer??

Yeah, right...
Robin of Loxley

Glencoe, IL

#2 Oct 7, 2007
"Let's get to it men."
fwe

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Oct 7, 2007
Killing them is birth control.
Herbert Ford

Pocono Pines, PA

#4 Oct 7, 2007
It is not the deer fault, it is the humans fault, we keep taking their habitat from. It is the states fault too. People say deer hide in the woods, the woods is their home, and they have no boundaries. It is the anti-hunters fault too. They want to take away the hunting rights. Let them pay for any damages that the deer cause. Also I blame a lot of farmers they don't want anybody to hunt on their land. Also you can blame these so called lawyers, all they want to do is sue people. Also DNR should lease more land and let people hunt.
DevilsAdvocate

Muncie, IN

#5 Oct 7, 2007
It's bad up there; they are correct to do this.

“dura lex sed lex”

Since: Sep 07

MidWest USA

#6 Oct 7, 2007
A hunter wrote:
Birth control for deer??
Yeah, right...
Pretty much the ultimate in birth control. The DNR has plenty of experience in thinning herd populations effectively. Hunting is actually quite humane when you look at other methods including natural selection. Natural selection with no real predators other than human hunters leaves starvation or poisons which are not good alternatives. Birth control has drawbacks as well. The best method is to hunt them under control. Trust DNR on game controls.
Bored with Current Topic

Oshkosh, WI

#7 Oct 7, 2007
While the problem of deer overpopulation may be of concern to the people of Warsaw... in the long run what does it matter? As deer are to Warsaw... Crime is to the Meadows... focus on what is more important in life...
Hansa Gruber

Valparaiso, IN

#8 Oct 7, 2007
Who "hired" 24 archers? What are the qualifications for this special job? No natural predators? Keep that in mind when the trappers yap about coyotes ....
Trust DNR? You are joking, right? Or is your family on the payroll and y'all is drinking the kool aid? More deer. More revenue. Why not just kill them all and see how much howling the DNR does then? I mean all. Just like before the IDNR restored them for hunting. Besides, the IDNR would do better running tree and bug tours since they can't seem to manage the wildlife anyway.
Don B

Aberdeen, MD

#9 Oct 7, 2007
This hunt is a joke. They only kill a few deer while the deer are multiplying. No actual reduction in numbers. Maybe they will kill more in this hunt than in previous ones.
blame who

Delaware, OH

#10 Oct 7, 2007
Herbert Ford wrote:
It is not the deer fault, it is the humans fault, we keep taking their habitat from. It is the states fault too. People say deer hide in the woods, the woods is their home, and they have no boundaries. It is the anti-hunters fault too. They want to take away the hunting rights. Let them pay for any damages that the deer cause. Also I blame a lot of farmers they don't want anybody to hunt on their land. Also you can blame these so called lawyers, all they want to do is sue people. Also DNR should lease more land and let people hunt.
You left out bus driver, bowlers, and girls...
??#$$&^%$%%^@~!
CMB

Columbus, IN

#11 Oct 7, 2007
Gay
Oscar

United States

#12 Oct 7, 2007
I never met a buck that could put on a condom.
Mike

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Oct 7, 2007
But of these 24 selected hunters, how many will kill themselves falling out of their tree stand.
Oscar

United States

#14 Oct 7, 2007
blame who wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out bus driver, bowlers, and girls...
??#$$&^%$%%^@~!
White tail deer are not native to Indiana. If so, my 14 aunts and uncles would have eaten a lot better back in the 1930's an 1940's.
The government brought them here and did not allow them to be hunted until their population was high enough to satisfy them.
Now they're everywhere and bleeding heart PeTA-brains get upset if somebody shoots one and eats it.
Bryan

Panama City, FL

#15 Oct 7, 2007
Don B wrote:
This hunt is a joke. They only kill a few deer while the deer are multiplying. No actual reduction in numbers. Maybe they will kill more in this hunt than in previous ones.
Gee Don they expanded the hunt from one month to three months for percisely that reason.

But if they want to be more effective about it they should have a 6 month to a year hunt then they would reduce their numbers.
Bryan

Panama City, FL

#16 Oct 7, 2007
Pick-n-Bones wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much the ultimate in birth control. The DNR has plenty of experience in thinning herd populations effectively. Hunting is actually quite humane when you look at other methods including natural selection. Natural selection with no real predators other than human hunters leaves starvation or poisons which are not good alternatives. Birth control has drawbacks as well. The best method is to hunt them under control. Trust DNR on game controls.
I wish people would understand using other "birth control" methods is not as effective as hunting them and is also helluva alot more expensive. It has been tried and tested and been proving to be an utter failure.
Resume

AOL

#17 Oct 7, 2007
Do you ever just sit back and scratch your head? This is one of those moments for me.
Aiden

Bedford, OH

#18 Oct 7, 2007
Pick-n-Bones wrote:
<quoted text>
If you truly believe the DNR is controling the overabundance of deer you are darn right!! They keep on killing away and lo and behold there is a whole new crop to enjoy killing the following year. It's called the rebound effect and luckily for the DNRs it is nature's gift to them. If they didn't have deer to kill they would not be selling hunting licenses which pays their salaries. They have it all figured out. Throw in growing food plots for the deer along with the rebound effect and voila" mo money!! So you can put your "starving to death theory to rest. Hunting humane??? Tell that to my friend who just had a doe in her yard with an arrow in her eye with the other end coming out of her head. Tell that to my other friend who had a yearling in her yard with his leg shot off but was still alive. And as for predators, well, stay tuned y'all, the DNRs are about to set the dogs onto trapped coyotes to be ripped apart for your viewing pleasure! Yeeha!! If you truly believe all of this propaganda I have some swamp land you should take a look at. Hitler said, "It is the good fortune of Governments that people don't think."
fwe

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Oct 7, 2007
Oscar, you need to read a little more if you think whitetail deer are not native to Indiana.
james

United States

#20 Oct 7, 2007
Nobody hired them. They volunteered.
Hansa Gruber wrote:
Who "hired" 24 archers? What are the qualifications for this special job? No natural predators? Keep that in mind when the trappers yap about coyotes ....
Trust DNR? You are joking, right? Or is your family on the payroll and y'all is drinking the kool aid? More deer. More revenue. Why not just kill them all and see how much howling the DNR does then? I mean all. Just like before the IDNR restored them for hunting. Besides, the IDNR would do better running tree and bug tours since they can't seem to manage the wildlife anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warsaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Warsaw BMV Apr 20 Monica 1
Brandy Owens Apr 12 CaptainObvious 1
Valerie Skinner-Frye (Apr '14) Apr '16 zeke the pinhead 5
Adultry (Aug '14) Apr '16 zeke the pinhead 11
Looking for a hang out Apr '16 zeke the pinhead 2
Are you a Towel head or spook lover? Apr '16 zeke the pinhead 1
play with it Mar '16 yea 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warsaw Mortgages