Atrocious living results in couple ar...

Atrocious living results in couple arrested for child neglect

There are 46 comments on the WANE Fort Wayne story from Feb 22, 2008, titled Atrocious living results in couple arrested for child neglect. In it, WANE Fort Wayne reports that:

An anonymous tip brought the Kosciusko County Sheriff's Department to a trailer on 700 South on Thursday to check the welfare of a small child.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WANE Fort Wayne.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ma Hews

Medway, OH

#42 Feb 26, 2008
textbookmgr wrote:
These people either have a mental illness or they are just plain lazy to clean. My bet they are a little of both. The school should have noticed that the child was not clean.(I am only guessing about this, but looking at the pictures how could he possibly be) They should have called a long time ago.
I have turned in neighbors when I noticed that the children were not taken care of properly.
It breaks my heart to see this as the child has nothing that he can do when adults fail. You do know that he will be back in those conditions again. Look at the track record in this state of kids taken away, then given back. Let's hope that he won't be the next one we read about again in the paper and the outcome is not a good one.
The problem with reporting families like this is that you have to leave your name etc. Then that is on public record. People who live like this are unstable....they can come to your home, place of work, and harass your family. Also, teachers do notice what is going on, but the schools can not just jump in and fix a situation either. The schools become a Safe Haven for these type of children. Some of the teachers bring in clean clothes for them to wear, make sure that they are clean by providing early day showers and toothbrushes etc. There is only so much that people can do and still make sure that their own family, home or job is safe.
TimeForNews

United States

#43 Feb 27, 2008
Is that how all republicans live?
Walkitandtalkit

League City, TX

#44 Feb 27, 2008
TimeForNews wrote:
Is that how all republicans live?
Neocons maybe, but, not real republicans.
a person

Columbia City, IN

#45 Feb 27, 2008
James wrote:
I work with this guy in Warsaw Indiana, and find it disturbing not because they are such careless people, but because this guy has a half way decent job, in fact he was able to bond out leaving his wife in jail. Now if a decent check along with it being tax season cant provide better means for a family in a trailor, then obviously they dont deserve a child or their freedom. This is a decent community with a few bad apples!
first of all i dont know who the hell you think you are bgut i know you dont work with this man cuz he has been unable to work for 15 years when he fell from a scaffolding and landed on top of the man who calls himself my father. second of all WANE tv needs to really get thier facts straight before they go running thier mouths on the air and posting this childs name all over the internet and as well as i know the family if i have anything to do with it they will be able to get out living conditions like that cuz they will sue the hell out of WANE tv thank you all and have a wonderful day
a family member

Columbia City, IN

#46 Feb 27, 2008
James wrote:
<quoted text>
His nicknames RV and he works in Porous Blast at Biomet, he wore the same Harely Davidson shirt and Sweatpants to work. Dont assume I dont know him. Its a pretty big subject at work maybee you dont know him as well as you think. And I agree someone should pray for them, someone should pray for the child, and I hope this family gets the help you think everyone owes them. I would help the boy.
i think you need to get your head out your ass and quit running your mouth and take a second and maybe a third look at the pictures cuz you got the wrong guy dumbass
loriindian

Warsaw, IN

#47 Feb 28, 2008
textbookmgr wrote:
These people either have a mental illness or they are just plain lazy to clean. My bet they are a little of both. The school should have noticed that the child was not clean.(I am only guessing about this, but looking at the pictures how could he possibly be) They should have called a long time ago.
I have turned in neighbors when I noticed that the children were not taken care of properly.
It breaks my heart to see this as the child has nothing that he can do when adults fail. You do know that he will be back in those conditions again. Look at the track record in this state of kids taken away, then given back. Let's hope that he won't be the next one we read about again in the paper and the outcome is not a good one.
Don't kid yourself as Indiana is not the only state that doesn't take care of the problems. I am recently from Michigan and it has the same problem only they don't take them from the beginning. They keep giving chances to the parent/parents to clean their act up. I know as I was a step parent trying to get a child out of this type of mess and the court kept telling us that her mom was trying to do better but had mental problems and we were to blame. Try that one on for size.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warsaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voice of the People: System keeps bad judges on... (Sep '08) Jul 6 IdiotsRule 9
Sidney Music Thread May '17 Musikologist 4
Brittany Phillips May '17 Iknowall 1
Burning Leaves: Legal or Illegal (Mar '09) Apr '17 Juan Cordero 29
Go Trump Jan '17 Trump Man 1
News Lake City Bank's David M. Findlay Appointed to ... (Nov '16) Nov '16 John Gove 1
Wawasee High School (Feb '13) Oct '16 Concerned Parent 3

Warsaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warsaw Mortgages