Atrocious living results in couple ar...

Atrocious living results in couple arrested for child neglect

There are 46 comments on the WANE Fort Wayne story from Feb 22, 2008, titled Atrocious living results in couple arrested for child neglect. In it, WANE Fort Wayne reports that:

An anonymous tip brought the Kosciusko County Sheriff's Department to a trailer on 700 South on Thursday to check the welfare of a small child.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WANE Fort Wayne.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wilmon Alvies

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Feb 22, 2008
It don`t make any sent to have a chlid and be that nasty is wrong,they need to be lock-up and thown alway the key.
nasty

Duncan, OK

#2 Feb 22, 2008
This S*** is so nasty. I looked at the additional pics on the side of the article and almost threw up.
MR CLEAN

Ashburn, VA

#3 Feb 22, 2008
This has got to be one of the grossest homes I have seen , SLOBS !!!!!
FORGET cleaning , burn it down.
Bryan

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Feb 22, 2008
How terrible for the poor kid who had to live there! Shame on WISH TV for reporting his NAME! Hello! Is that legal? However wretched, that was his little world and now there are pictures of it and what toys he did have all over the internet for the amusement and scrutiny of the public. Way to go on some crack reporting!
CLEAN

Atlanta, IN

#5 Feb 22, 2008
That poor little boy! How can any body live in that filth!! The parents should never get that boy back!! To live in that is so gross! How could a parent do that? The pictures are so gross I agree burn it! No amount of cleaning is going to make it look good!!
Regina

West Manchester, OH

#6 Feb 22, 2008
That makes me want to puke! How can people live like that? Were they using the grill inside to cook on?
grwdmom

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2008
Did you happen to notice in one of the pictures they had "organic Apple juice" I can see how it is very important to drink healthy drinks but ok to live like slobs?? That poor child living in that hell hole, thank goodness they took him away and saved him. If they had not been caught would they have continued to throw trash everywhere till the whole trailer was filled up except for one little chair that they all shared? What a terrible life to live, is this laziness or a mental problem??
BOBBIE

Shelbyville, IN

#8 Feb 22, 2008
That poor child! I agree the parents should be locked away, and never get that child back. As for mentioning his name, not the smartest thing, kids are cruel. But it would have eventually gotten out what happened when his parents pictures and address appeared in paper and on internet. No child should have to suffer as this child must surely have. You know this had to be going on for some time.
Indy Mom

Troy, MI

#9 Feb 22, 2008
Unbelievable...and how sad. I really hope something good can come out of this for all three of them.
P H Esper

Elkhart, IN

#10 Feb 22, 2008
In a previous job, I went into a lot of different homes. Squalid living conditions are a lot more common than anyone thinks or would like to think.
If I had to put a number on it......1 in roughly 500 homes are trashed out. At least based on my experience.
It's enough to make your skin crawl by the end of the day.
Ashley

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Feb 22, 2008
I thought that the names of minors are not supposed to be released in the media! Hopefully he is too young for his friends to read this article. That would be so horrible, you know how kids are.
jasmin

Chardon, OH

#12 Feb 22, 2008
this is disgusting, it looks to me like they set the stove on fire at one point, there is no way to get into the refrigerator and the toilet almost made me vomit looking at the enlarged photograph, it doesn't even look like they can flush it because the water in the toilet bowl is putrid brown, on the sink there is dawn direct foam soap but there is so much shit in the sink who can wash their hands in that, the shower is so full of garbage how could they take a shower, that poor kid, and not to mention the kid had pets which were also taken away, i hope he wasn't too young that this would scar him. those people don't even deserve him back let alone to re-spawn another kid these people are disgusting. and I have seen my fair share of nasty houses this ranks up there with the worst since its a trailer those are tiny, and with an electric heater being the only heat source is very dangerous those things go up in flames in a matter of minutes.

don't give that child back to those people that would constitute neglect from the state.

Hippie

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Feb 22, 2008
Those people are better off in jail. I can't imagine how anyone could let things get that bad. I don't even think fire could purify this mess!!
Ror

Forest, IN

#14 Feb 22, 2008
Indiana White Trash strikes again. I've never seen a state with so many inbred hill jacks in my life. Biggest mistake in my life was moving to this ignorant state and I can't wait to get the hell out.
JasonR

Greenfield, IN

#15 Feb 22, 2008
Ror wrote:
Indiana White Trash strikes again. I've never seen a state with so many inbred hill jacks in my life. Biggest mistake in my life was moving to this ignorant state and I can't wait to get the hell out.
Well get the hell out then, this State is better off without you in it anyway. Where are you from, let me guess- A State where your head is so far stuck up your ass, you can't see what's going on around you anyway!!!
P H Esper

Elkhart, IN

#16 Feb 22, 2008
Ror wrote:
Don't let the border hit ya where your DNA split ya........:)
Judy

AOL

#17 Feb 22, 2008
This is sickening!!! i FEEL SORRY FOR THE CHILD.

Since: Feb 08

Richmond, IN

#18 Feb 22, 2008
These people either have a mental illness or they are just plain lazy to clean. My bet they are a little of both. The school should have noticed that the child was not clean.(I am only guessing about this, but looking at the pictures how could he possibly be) They should have called a long time ago.

I have turned in neighbors when I noticed that the children were not taken care of properly.

It breaks my heart to see this as the child has nothing that he can do when adults fail. You do know that he will be back in those conditions again. Look at the track record in this state of kids taken away, then given back. Let's hope that he won't be the next one we read about again in the paper and the outcome is not a good one.
Evalou

Georgetown, KY

#19 Feb 22, 2008
These people are obviously mentally ill. They also need perpetual help. Condemning what you don't fully understand makes one just as slothful as the tenants of this trailer. Some people do not fully grasp the mess, and concentrate on just surviving. The children would be better off wards of the state.
Sarah Myers

United States

#20 Feb 22, 2008
I get so heart broken every time I hear a story like this It just breaks my heart the kids in these situations suffer so much. Im a stay a home mom with a 3 1/2 yr old and one on the way and could never stand the thought of putting my children in a situation like this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warsaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burning Leaves: Legal or Illegal (Mar '09) Aug 28 Mike 30
Needing a place. Aug 27 Renee 1
News Hillary Clinton's pastor plagiarized prayer in ... Aug '17 fingers mcgurke 8
News Hillary Clinton's pastor plagiarized prayer at ... Aug '17 anonymous 2
News Discrepancies Seen In Bronson Testimony Aug '17 stutz239 1
News Voice of the People: System keeps bad judges on... (Sep '08) Jul '17 IdiotsRule 9
Sidney Music Thread May '17 Musikologist 4

Warsaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warsaw Mortgages