Teen killed in freight train accident

Teen killed in freight train accident

There are 47 comments on the Chicago Sun-Times story from Feb 12, 2006, titled Teen killed in freight train accident. In it, Chicago Sun-Times reports that:

Authorities on Sunday were investigating the death of a 14-year-old girl who was struck and killed by an oncoming freight train in Villa Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Sun-Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
beentheredonetha t

United States

#44 Jul 6, 2010
if you ever see a sign that a friend wants to die , tell some one right away! even if you promised them you wouldnt tell anyone! even if you think its really small tell someone! always keep your arms open ! if you know anyone on drugs also tell someone! i have known now 8 people who have overdosed in lombard and villa park. just keep your eyes and ears open to this . bullying might make you feel better about yourself but could cause a person to feel even lower ! we are all children of god! lets all take care of our brothers and sisters!
Jen

Saint Charles, IL

#45 Mar 14, 2011
Michael McArthur wrote:
Hey, did you ever think of teaching your Kids not to play on the train-tracks?
Do you see that leather thing around your waist that holds your pants up?? It is called a belt, you lay that across a Kid's ass when they play with matches (and walk on the train-tracks), and they won't do it any more. It's REAL easy!!
Wake up Mom & Dad.
And do you think your mom mite use the belt on you after she reads your language .
Jennifer

United States

#46 May 7, 2011
y didn't u guys pray fir justin
intrigued

Elmhurst, IL

#47 Jul 2, 2012
As I was driving towards the train track in downtown lombard tonight, I noticed a heavier set girl in jeans and a sweater in 96 degree weather bending down and tying her shoes.(They appeared to be similar to red keds.) I had to slow down so the vehicle in front of me could turn. I wanted to make sure I could see her, because she was so close to the street and I was worried about hitting her. She was out of my view for that second the car had turned and from there, she disappeared. Into thin air. I have no explanation, no evidence, but it made me wonder, had I seen a ghost? And this is where it got me. I'm intrigued by what I saw tonight, and started searching deaths around that track. For the people that knew these young ladies, are there any similarities in the description of my story?
P.s I'm truly sorry for your loss.
Common sense

Melrose Park, IL

#48 Mar 18, 2016
Michael McArthur wrote:
Hey, did you ever think of teaching your Kids not to play on the train-tracks?
Do you see that leather thing around your waist that holds your pants up?? It is called a belt, you lay that across a Kid's ass when they play with matches (and walk on the train-tracks), and they won't do it any more. It's REAL easy!!
Wake up Mom & Dad.
Common sensw
livelife

Conway, AR

#49 Mar 20, 2016
Praying for the family

“beer is good”

Since: Sep 14

Location hidden

#50 Mar 27, 2016
People always kill themselves at those tracks or trains hit them.villa park needs to step up there safety game at those tracks that run through there town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warrenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bolingbrook Worst Cops 1 hr Judge 12
News Crowds deflect anti-gay activists at Geneva church 12 hr Palin s Turkey Th... 1
Cops Man on Man Love? Mon Watcher 8
News Naperville, Aurora, others unite to oppose wire... Nov 15 Jake 1
Green Spa (Mar '12) Jul '17 Yikes 10
News Proposed Fawell Dam project could help fish in ... (Jun '17) Jun '17 frogcycle 1
News Naperville council candidates' views vary on co... (Feb '17) Feb '17 D Johnson 1

Warrenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warrenville Mortgages