Students Say Anti-Gay Slurs Are Constant

Students Say Anti-Gay Slurs Are Constant

There are 28 comments on the MyFoxDC story from Mar 10, 2012, titled Students Say Anti-Gay Slurs Are Constant. In it, MyFoxDC reports that:

"The terms 'That's so gay' and 'No homo'a are thrown around quite a bit," according to Anna Beardsley, a senior at Battlefield High School in Haymarket, Virginia, who added, "No one knows how to stop it." Beardsley was one of six students at a midday forum, Saturday, at the Unitarian Church of Arlington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFoxDC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#23 Mar 27, 2012
Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I have said can be seen clearly in nature for those who choose to keep their mind open. Its beyond fact, it is the foundation of the world in which we live. If you choose to deny that, you have shown clearly the reality is less important to you then whatever world you have built for yourself.
I am truely sorry for you but until you are able to let reason win out over ...whatever it is that guides you, I would be a fool to continue to argue with a fool.
I have seen no reason in your posts, but simply personally held, but incorrect ideas about how the world works. Education would do you a world of good. Obviously you know how to use a computer. Expand your world, find out the real facts before you post.
Wolf

Clinton, MD

#24 Mar 27, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
look at it this way. life on earth isn't all about reproduction. in fact we're on the verge of reproducin' ourselves right out of a planet to reproduce on.
the fact is 10% of all male humans are gay. 8% of all female humans are lesbian. yet the species continues to thrive without these people breeding like blow flies on rotten meat. there are over 7 billion people infesting the planet so why are you concerned about a few more? the same goes for every other species of animal. none have ever gone extinct due to homosexuality.
now... in one breath you call gays and lesbians an 'aboration', and then utter a deep sigh of self pity over the fact that someone believes that your words are hurtful and or hateful and say that their 'reasons elude you'.
I see a little more thought in your post so I am willing to respond. So you are trying to tell me that homosexuality is needed in nature to help control overpopulation? Thats its worth? Ok, but as you say, 10% or whatever it is, is a small precentage and I really dont see it fitting into the grand picutre. People can take offense to whatever they want. A word, a gesture... its not in my control to stop that. I certainly am not going to stop using science or related terms to describe items because someone does like a valid word. The issue is I think, some here are attaching an emotional value to a word they dont like. The definition provided in this topic above was valid. Tell me, to get my point across what other word that means the same thing could be used? Its not a cuss word, its not slang. So what other word would you use to say the same thing?
Wolf

Clinton, MD

#25 Mar 27, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen no reason in your posts, but simply personally held, but incorrect ideas about how the world works. Education would do you a world of good. Obviously you know how to use a computer. Expand your world, find out the real facts before you post.
Im sorry but your view is clouded. You are the one whos view of the world is held back by your not willing to confront the things you have decided you do not like because...?
But...I can see where this leads. We can get into a nice "I know you are but what am I" argument. I am ending it here stopping short of that. You have already insulted me on several levels, I will not return the favor.
One last note. If you or anyone like you ever hope to convince the world to rally behind your cause, you better be more open to communication. I am a very open minded and tolerant person. For you to take this type of attitude with me doesnt give you much hope of conversing with many others in a way that doesnt rub their fur the wrong way.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#26 Mar 27, 2012
Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sorry but your view is clouded. You are the one whos view of the world is held back by your not willing to confront the things you have decided you do not like because...?
But...I can see where this leads. We can get into a nice "I know you are but what am I" argument. I am ending it here stopping short of that. You have already insulted me on several levels, I will not return the favor.
One last note. If you or anyone like you ever hope to convince the world to rally behind your cause, you better be more open to communication. I am a very open minded and tolerant person. For you to take this type of attitude with me doesnt give you much hope of conversing with many others in a way that doesnt rub their fur the wrong way.
"Agreed. But who said anything about hate? Science Fact - Homosexuality is an aboration of nature. This is not a hateful statement, rather it is a statement of fact. The statement is not mean or hateful, it is only fact. "

My point is...this is not a fact. Not even close to being a fact. It is simply your incorrect, unscientific view of nature. If you do not hold this view with any malice, I take back anything derogatory I said. Unfortunately, most posters with this view are nasty haters, and you got tarred with the same brush.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Location hidden

#27 Mar 27, 2012
Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I see a little more thought in your post so I am willing to respond. So you are trying to tell me that homosexuality is needed in nature to help control overpopulation? Thats its worth? Ok, but as you say, 10% or whatever it is, is a small precentage and I really dont see it fitting into the grand picutre. People can take offense to whatever they want. A word, a gesture... its not in my control to stop that. I certainly am not going to stop using science or related terms to describe items because someone does like a valid word. The issue is I think, some here are attaching an emotional value to a word they dont like. The definition provided in this topic above was valid. Tell me, to get my point across what other word that means the same thing could be used? Its not a cuss word, its not slang. So what other word would you use to say the same thing?
well, you see... science doesn't call same sex attraction or orientation an aberation. science says that it's a perfectly normal and natural happening in a certain percentage of all animals. the use of words such as 'aberation' to describe homosexuality is hurtful to homosexuals. they are perfectly normal people with perfectly normal needs and desires.

i did NOT say that homosexuality aids in the reduction of overpopulation. what i said (and maybe it wasn't clear) is that homosexuality doesn't slow down procreation appreciably. there is no more value in hommosexuality than there is in heterosexuality. both can breed, and both can decide not to breed. procreation isn't the most important thing that the human species, or any other species can do for the world.

the point that i was making is that, as things stand, it's actually the least important and the most ill advised thing that anyone could do.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#28 Mar 27, 2012
fr "wolf":

....Science Fact - Homosexuality is an aboration of nature. This is not a hateful statement, rather it is a statement of fact. The statement is not mean or hateful, it is only fact. <

WRONG.
Wolf

Clinton, MD

#29 Mar 28, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
"Agreed. But who said anything about hate? Science Fact - Homosexuality is an aboration of nature. This is not a hateful statement, rather it is a statement of fact. The statement is not mean or hateful, it is only fact. "
My point is...this is not a fact. Not even close to being a fact. It is simply your incorrect, unscientific view of nature. If you do not hold this view with any malice, I take back anything derogatory I said. Unfortunately, most posters with this view are nasty haters, and you got tarred with the same brush.
Its not derogatory, it is a valid sientific term that can be used to describe what is being talked about.
You dont want it to be fact but it is absolute fact that everyone is able to see without measuring this or that. Homosexuality has no purpose or needed place in nature. While it may not be hurtful to a species as a whole, it is not natural. It is unnatural. Call it what you like aboration, unnatural whatever... find a word that doesnt hurt your feelinds but means the same thing.
Your argument is as unbalanced as my telling you using the word Human to describe me is hurtful. I can see there is no reasoning with you. My suggestion is you stay out of any converstations about the subject because you would be a person to move gay rights backward and not forward. Seriously.
Wolf

Clinton, MD

#30 Mar 28, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
well, you see... science doesn't call same sex attraction or orientation an aberation. science says that it's a perfectly normal and natural happening in a certain percentage of all animals. the use of words such as 'aberation' to describe homosexuality is hurtful to homosexuals. they are perfectly normal people with perfectly normal needs and desires.
i did NOT say that homosexuality aids in the reduction of overpopulation. what i said (and maybe it wasn't clear) is that homosexuality doesn't slow down procreation appreciably. there is no more value in hommosexuality than there is in heterosexuality. both can breed, and both can decide not to breed. procreation isn't the most important thing that the human species, or any other species can do for the world.
the point that i was making is that, as things stand, it's actually the least important and the most ill advised thing that anyone could do.
No unbiased scientific observation, artical whatever has ever labled Homosexuality as being perfectly normal. It is clearly labeled as unnatural, as being an aboration of nature. Just because you want something to be true doesnt make it true. People here say, those words are demeaning, they are not. It is the correct way to label it. People say its hurtful. Maybe it is but I have no say in that. This argument is insane. It really is. For the few times I will ever need to speak of homosexuality in my life I will continue to label it as exactly what it is, an aboration of nature and an unnatural state and my mind will be completely free of guilt and I will get good sleep at night when I do. I will say it as easily as I say I hope you live a happy life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warrenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lidl's first store in D.C. region opens in Mana... Sep 1 WCB 1
News Wagner, Stewart find common ground on illegal i... May '17 tomin cali 1
Best fence installation company in all northern... (Jul '16) Mar '17 Number1 2
Looking for Sheila Marie Knuckles Thomas (Mar '17) Mar '17 Raythomas1969 1
Felony Conviction (Nov '16) Nov '16 Shocked naighbor 1
They told me I have 2 weeks...? (Dec '13) Nov '16 Hey 3
busty bartender (Aug '16) Aug '16 etm 1

Warrenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance