Minister arrested for child molestation
NotRetiredYet

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Apr 27, 2011
Unsure wrote:
Where did the information about additional victims come from? Twenty years ago, Matthew Hunt would have been a freshman in college--any further back then that and he would have been a minor himself. I am not condoning his actions, I am just wondering if he hasn't been confused with another offender.
I don't know. I was just going with Ms Laz's comment. Figured maybe she had some insight the rest of us wasn't honored to have.
Ms Laz

Miami Beach, FL

#22 May 1, 2011
Where did the information about additional victims come from? Twenty years ago, Matthew Hunt would have been a freshman in college--any further back then that and he would have been a minor himself. I am not condoning his actions, I am just wondering if he hasn't been confused with another offender.

Aboslutely, no confusion at all, same offender. It has been going on that long. People need to be more informed!!!!
Here are the sad statistics
•The typical offender is male, begins molesting by age 15, engages in a variety of deviant behavior, and molests an average of 117 youngsters, most of whom do not report the offense.
Dr. Gene Abel in a National Institute of Mental Health Study.
• The behavior is highly repetitive, to the point of compulsion, rather than resulting from a lack of judgment.
Dr. Ann Burges, Dr. Nicholas Groth, et al. in a study of imprisoned offenders.
"The serial killer has the same personality characteristics as the sex offender against children"
Dr. Mace Knapp, Nevada State Prison Psychologist.
• Overall, 23% of sexual assault offenders were under the 18 and 77% were adults - Sexual Assault of Young Children as Reported to Law Enforcement,
7/00, NCJ 182990, U.S. Department of Justice
• 89% of child sexual assault cases involve persons known to the child, such as a caretaker or family acquaintance.
-Diana Russell Survey, 1978
• 29% of child sexual abuse offenders are relatives, 60% are acquaintances, and only 11% are strangers.
Diana Russell, The Secret Trauma, NY:Basic Books, 1986.
• For the vast majority of child victimizers in State prison, the victim was someone they knew before the crime. 1/3 had committed their crime against their own child, about 1/2 had a relationship with the victim as a friend, acquaintance, or relative other than offspring, about 1 in 7 reported the victim to have been a stranger to them.
BJS Survey of State Prison Inmates, 1991.
• Like rape, child molestation is one of the most underreported crimes: only 1-10% are ever disclosed.
-FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin.
• More than 1/2 of all convicted sex offenders are sent back to prison within a year. Within 2 years, 77.9% are back.
California Department of Corrections
midmo

United States

#23 May 1, 2011
Ms Laz sure is all over the map
Ms Laz

Sebastian, FL

#24 May 2, 2011
midmo wrote:
Ms Laz sure is all over the map
All over the map, I don't think so. I think people don't want to hear the "Truth", a minister of the church, with a four year degree is now a convicted SEXUAL offender. Who pleaded GUILTY. Get over it. If he is so innocent, why didn't he go to trial. I'll tell you, there are more victims and he doesn't want to go there.
Ms Laz

Sebastian, FL

#25 May 2, 2011
Better yet, why don't you let him live with you when he gets out of PRISON. If he's innocent you don't have anything to worry about right! Read the statistics again:

• More than 1/2 of all convicted sex offenders are sent back to prison within a year. Within 2 years, 77.9% are back.

Get your head out of your " ".
Dino Head

United States

#26 May 2, 2011
I have to side with Ms Laz on all of the above information. I would love to see any one of you defending this very sick man leave him with your child behind closed doors. He is lucky he was born into a family in the USA, because most other countries they would have done a lot worse than slapped him on the wrist and sentenced him to minimal prison time.

I found this fact interesting from the above post.

• 29% of child sexual abuse offenders are relatives, 60% are acquaintances, and only 11% are strangers.

Being a minister, I can only imagine the number of lives this man has ruined with his inappropriate actions!!! And you all think it's just ONE ISOLATED CASE??? PLEASE! Get out from under your trailers and see the light people.
Ms Laz

Sebastian, FL

#27 May 2, 2011
THANK YOU!
midmo

Bates City, MO

#28 May 3, 2011
What a hot head! All you quoted was statistics which proves nothing. Then you resort to insults. Sebastian Fl, Middleton, NY, Miami Beach, FL, etc etc. So where are you really??? Sounds like you're the one who needs to get over it.
Ms Laz

Montgomery, NY

#29 May 3, 2011
midmo wrote:
What a hot head! All you quoted was statistics which proves nothing. Then you resort to insults. Sebastian Fl, Middleton, NY, Miami Beach, FL, etc etc. So where are you really??? Sounds like you're the one who needs to get over it.
I am not over it by a long shot. And I thank you for the compliment "Hot Head"! You get that this is serious, because I am personally affected by this man's sexual deviant behavior. What people should be doing is paying attention to statistics, which gage history and help protect the victims and future victims of sexual predators.

You must not be aware of the fact that all the court hearings were open to the public and he confessed to molesting multiple child victims in open court. If you were at the hearing you would have had first hand knowlegdge.

It's appauling that you obviously still think this Pedophile is innocent. You must not have children???

I am going to pray for you....
Bubba

United States

#30 May 4, 2011
Midmo,

You are either very arrogant, lazy or stupid. The facts are all there! It is PUBLIC RECORD there are multiple victims!! So you must be too lazy to look up the facts! Or are too arrogant and stupid to side with a pedophile! What he did was very very wrong! He has ruined the lives of many innocent children, adults, and families and it is time to face the music and take responsibility for his actions. He ought to be locked up for much longer than what he was sentenced with for all the harm he has done. The fact there are people like you defending him is even more sick!!! If you want to help be supportive, pony up to the fact his is mentally sick and needs help in that regard. The whole blog started as propaganda for his innocence, yet the smell of guilty seeps from his pours. Just look at that @&$! and his grin after he was sentenced. No remorse what so ever in that picture.

All of you people that support Matt Hunt and his innocence are only cheating yourself out of living an honest and truthful life.
Bubba

United States

#31 May 4, 2011
Oh and what does ones location have to do with anything? Just because some people actually leave the city they were born and raised in has no relavance to the facts!
midmo

United States

#32 May 4, 2011
Don't put words in my mouth. I never once defended him. Her statement was more about statistics than actual facts. I believe in 'Mancow's Law'. Pedophiles should be put to death. You both are out of control and need to chill, instead of jumping on anyone who makes a comment.
Unsure

Flemingsburg, KY

#33 May 6, 2011
I am not supporting Matt Hunt nor proclaiming his innocense. I have been horrified by the whole thing. I was just inquiring where the information about additional victims came from. If it was in the actual court transcripts then all you had to do was say, I was there, it was in the transcrips. Statistics, by them selves, are not evidence.
Ms Laz

Montgomery, NY

#34 May 8, 2011
Unsure, it was said in open court, Matt Hunt, admitted to molesting multiple victims and it is in the court transcripts. You can verify this if you like with Northside Christian Church, because they had a minister there at every public court hearing with him.
midmo

Atlanta, GA

#35 May 8, 2011
Give it a rest
Ms Laz

Sebastian, FL

#36 May 9, 2011
midmo wrote:
Give it a rest
Not on your life! Did you remember this man has his own children?
trailblazer

Otterville, MO

#37 May 11, 2011
How do we get access to court transcripts?
myglreatleaks

Howell, MI

#45 Jul 24, 2011
I believe I am the victim of chain molestation where like

a child abuses another child..

because that child was abused by an adult
myglreatleaks

Howell, MI

#46 Jul 24, 2011
or that I was .. no i'm not a child I think when I was before.. when I WAS a child

because he told me that he got molested as a child
midmo

Bates City, MO

#47 Jul 25, 2011
myglreatleaks wrote:
or that I was .. no i'm not a child I think when I was before.. when I WAS a child
because he told me that he got molested as a child
You make absolutely no sense

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warrensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
charlene 21 hr not from tx 1
josh ogle Jun 21 misinformed 1
News Holden woman charged with attempted kidnapping (Nov '11) Jun 18 Donnie 4
Searching For Innocent Biological Father Jun 18 DNA 2
Should a male student be allowed to wear fake b... (Apr '14) Apr '16 Chris 11
Construction in front of Walmart (Apr '14) Apr '16 Crazyhairstylist 15
Debate: Marijuana - Warrensburg, MO (Aug '10) Mar '16 doit 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warrensburg Mortgages