Possibly moving to Knob Noster, give ...

Possibly moving to Knob Noster, give me the scoop! :)

Posted in the Warrensburg Forum

Wimzee

Saint Peters, MO

#1 Aug 15, 2012
We are possibly moving to Knob Noster ( If lucky) from Belleville Il Scott AFB. Its a pit here and we're looking forward to small town living again. Can you all tell me the ins, outs.. basically the scoop on the place? Whats there to do, shopping, schools, crime ( has to be heaven compared to this war zone), and life in general in your town?

Thanks!
JustMyThoughts

Oak Grove, MO

#2 Aug 15, 2012
Most stationed at WAFB liv on base , Sedalia or Warrnsburg. A few live in Kno Noster but not many as i is a very small town. Off post they have a few resturnts (Pizza Hut, Mcdonalds, Panther Steakhouse local steak/famly style, local mexican, Oriental Cuisine good Korean., a coffee house, The Station on State Street rest/bar and a bar. No movie thearter, bowling alley, pool hall , video gameroom .
A small grocery that youill mot likely never use. A plaque store. Dollar General and soe secound han stores. y do have a small branch library. They have some active ommunity groups and churches most members are older 45+ bu they do good work. Masons, VFW those types. Don't recall all of the churches there is a Catholic Priest on post , parishes in Sedalia and Warrensburg.

Housing is mostly old very small houses, a few new apartments and some nicer newer homes. Many retiress and civil servant workers live in the rural county area.

Small numbers of AF live in Windsor, Leeton and Greenridge. Long communt and smaller than Knob Noster.

Sedalia has a smalll multiplex theater, a zillion resturaunts, a community college, poor schools, the Misouri State Fair grounds, bowling, pool and some night club bars. Sopping Walmart, Kmart, JC Penny, small Sears, lowes, Menards and Office Depost.Libray and a prettygod parks dept with Youth sports. Hospital.

Warrensburg also has a multiplex theater, some good resturants but not near as many maybe a 3rd of what Sedalia has, not as much shopping Wallmart,Lowes, Office Depost. Very good schools, Central Misouri State University , supior community center swimming pool and parks with youth sports, library. hospital.

I think you will find good availablity of housing in both Warrensburg and Sedalia. Fewer choices in Knob Noster.

Knob schools is what kids from base go to. Knob schools are good and are a mix of peoples as are Warrensburg and Sedalia. The other schools in the area only have a few minoriy kids. If I had a chil with special needs I would only look at Knob or Warrensburg schools.

On crime it happens every where. We have had problems with meth but not much of late. There is not much crime in Knob, Warrensburg, Windsor, Greenridge or Leeton. Sedalia has had som issues but nothing like what you are coming from. If yu are rely concerned about crime i would try and get on post.

I like Harold Washington b I wold not visit his club late at night or when he had a rapper group. Sorry I am blanking on its name. Next door to AmVets on Highway 50 just outside of town Go to his place or the AmVets early and enjoy.

Unless you are a heavy smoker don't go to the Amvets, I tink the VFWis non-smoking most of the time and the American legion in Warrensburg is nice and nonsmoking.

Like most places you will like somethings others not so much.

Check out outdoor rec. We ahve some great lakes and they have some nice boats. Also tickets for KC concerts and tours.
AF

United States

#3 Aug 19, 2012
We live in Sedalia and love it. Didn't at first but have gotten used to it . We have kids and the schools here are great. Only 20 mins from
Base. Warrensburg is nice as well we just weren't interested in a college town. Whiteman is a great base.
Curious

United States

#6 Sep 9, 2012
Knob Noster is a nice little town with a lot of good people. There is a huge drug problem here! If you have teenagers beware. But, I guess it is everywhere!
Knob schools are good...there are some tough highschool teachers! Good but tough!
Pricilla

Windsor, MO

#7 Sep 16, 2012
I used to live in Knob in the 70-80's and was raised in Warrensburg....went to school there. I have since moved to another small town, in 1990. If I was moving back into the area I would move to Knob again. My children went to Knob schools and there are great teaching staff there. I really miss the town of Knob and everyone in it.....those I have known for years and those I have not yet met!!!! In Knob you are close enough to the bigger towns for shopping and recreation, without the crap that goes with living in a larger city. Just my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warrensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Higginsville Police and Lafayette County Sherif... Aug 2 I see it all 3
charlene (Jun '16) Jul '17 Cockdick Malone 3
Hooker Patrol Jul '17 Boogaloo 1
Breakfast Jun '17 Jeanne 1
News Troopers make drug arrests in Lafayette County (Oct '15) May '17 Just curious 2
Clean up Apr '17 vickiedine 1
Local wives be on alert for this HOMEWRECKER! (Sep '15) Apr '17 Sam copper 3

Warrensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warrensburg Mortgages