Bristol priest charged with drunk driving

A Catholic priest of St. Elizabeth's Church in Bristol was charged with drunk driving after he was stopped by police for driving erratically. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
John Smith

Cumberland, RI

#1 Oct 9, 2008
If he wasn't a priest I doubt this would make the news. He's a human being who made a mistake. There's no need to drag his name through the public mud.
Shame on Channel 12!
Heather

Duxbury, MA

#2 Oct 9, 2008
As it might be true as to not identify the priest, does a chemical test at the police station mean a drug test, or just the same alcohol test as was taken at the scence where he was pulled over?
Linda

Rumford, RI

#3 Oct 9, 2008
Well, well, well now we know where all the wine from the church went. Into the priest stomach....
mike

Concord, CA

#4 Oct 9, 2008
another black eye for the church.
mike

Concord, CA

#5 Oct 9, 2008
John Smith wrote:
If he wasn't a priest I doubt this would make the news. He's a human being who made a mistake. There's no need to drag his name through the public mud.
Shame on Channel 12!
He is supposed to held to a higher standard than another person.
Linda

Rumford, RI

#6 Oct 9, 2008
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
He is supposed to held to a higher standard than another person.
exactly, and he is not just another human being. He is supposed to be God messanger not just a regular John Doe. So John Smith, don't be mad at the media for posting his wrong doing. Cheers
John Smith

Cumberland, RI

#7 Oct 9, 2008
His wrong doing? The man is a human being who made a mistake. Get a life and pray that none of your mistakes will end up on the news.
Linda

Rumford, RI

#8 Oct 9, 2008
John Smith wrote:
His wrong doing? The man is a human being who made a mistake. Get a life and pray that none of your mistakes will end up on the news.
What part of his a messanger of God do you understand. He is a priest. Can you imagine if he would got into a car accident and kill someone because he was drunk, then what? Please, go with your sympathy somewhere else. NOT FOR A DRUNK
mogwhi

Swansea, MA

#9 Oct 9, 2008
did anyone see he was arrained on friday and its still thursday ???
John Smith

Cumberland, RI

#10 Oct 9, 2008
Linda, take a look around your own family and friends. Do you know how many of them have driven when their bac was over .08? I'm guessing at some point in their lives many of your own family and friends made this same mistake in judgment.

Yes, he is a priest, he's also a human being. Perhaps you feel better about yourself seeing a priest make a mistake like many human beings. Its quite a sad commentary on yourself.
Jim Smith

East Providence, RI

#11 Oct 9, 2008
John Smith...

I appreciate your efforts at calling Linda to a deeper appreciation for and understanding of the compassion and mercy that Christ offers to everyone, inlcuding his priests.

Yet, I encourage you to allow Linda, if she freely chooses to do so, to bring condemnation upon herself.

Linda, know that you are in our prayers.

they hide behind a title

Barrington, RI

#12 Oct 10, 2008
hes just like everyone else DRIVING DRUNK? moron he does not pass enough caskets in his time he needs more people to die. Then what will we have the service in his church so he can pray for us NO THANKS PAL. He hits me or my family i,ll fix him, he better pray he has the man on his side or he will share a 6x9 with bubber..........
Linda

Rumford, RI

#13 Oct 10, 2008
they hide behind a title wrote:
hes just like everyone else DRIVING DRUNK? moron he does not pass enough caskets in his time he needs more people to die. Then what will we have the service in his church so he can pray for us NO THANKS PAL. He hits me or my family i,ll fix him, he better pray he has the man on his side or he will share a 6x9 with bubber..........
Exactly.....
Linda

Rumford, RI

#14 Oct 10, 2008
Jim Smith wrote:
John Smith...
I appreciate your efforts at calling Linda to a deeper appreciation for and understanding of the compassion and mercy that Christ offers to everyone, inlcuding his priests.
Yet, I encourage you to allow Linda, if she freely chooses to do so, to bring condemnation upon herself.
I don't need you to pray for me firs of all. And yes everyone knows someone that at one point of their life have driven drunk. But, don't even try to excuse a messager of God for driving drunk. He is supposed to set a positive example. Driving drunk is not. What about if he would have gotting in a car accident and kill and inocent, becuase he choose to drink and drive. Please, don't even go there with me. Pray for your own self, it seem you needed more than me...
Linda

Rumford, RI

#15 Oct 10, 2008
Jim Smith wrote:
John Smith...
Now and what give you the right to tell me to bring condemnation?
Listen, dude, you need help!!
When you agree with a priest driving drunk, and calling him a regular human being, you need help just like the priest..
pretty_smart_n2_ funny

Rumford, RI

#16 Oct 10, 2008
John & Jim are probably criminals and wish they could be forgiven so they could get good jobs. I'm sure all of the first time sex offenders (not in any way insinuating that either John or Jim are sex offenders) are offering the same b*s* when they try to argue against registering.
Babs

AOL

#17 Oct 10, 2008
Sounds like Linda may be a disgruntled lesbian who has a grudge against the Church. C'mon Linda, don't you like yourself?
Linda

Rumford, RI

#18 Oct 10, 2008
Babs wrote:
Sounds like Linda may be a disgruntled lesbian who has a grudge against the Church. C'mon Linda, don't you like yourself?
Listen Barft, I mean Barb. The topic is not if I like myself or if I don't. The topic is about a drunk priest. You are just an offtopic I D I O T that make no sense on what you just wrote. So do society a favor and just banish....
Jim Smith

East Providence, RI

#19 Oct 10, 2008
Linda...You have missed the point of the concern that was expressed...

In no way is the point that any person should be allowed to drive while drunk...

The point is that "You will be judged as you judge."

You remain in our prayers...
Linda

Rumford, RI

#20 Oct 10, 2008
Jim Smith wrote:
Linda...You have missed the point of the concern that was expressed...
In no way is the point that any person should be allowed to drive while drunk...
The point is that "You will be judged as you judge."
You remain in our prayers...
Keep praying, but pray for your wacko self....There is no excuse for a God messager to send such of negative message. And yes people will be judge same way they are they judge. But, I am not judge, I am writing the TRUTH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New to Warwick Rhode Island Nov 24 Jake 2
Review: Rudman Kenneth J DDS Nov 18 bestserviceapplia... 15
Do you approve of Frank Devall as State Senator? Nov 5 peterbrown 1
Legault quits principal job at high school (Dec '06) Oct '14 anonymous 7
Michelle Caravelli's Family Memoir Offers Hope ... Oct '14 Anonymous 1
anyone wanna skype? (Mar '13) Sep '14 Female 18 11
Anyone Wanna Skype dirty? Sep '14 Nick 2
Warren Dating
Find my Match

Warren People Search