GUEST ESSAY: CAWTO representation a m...

GUEST ESSAY: CAWTO representation a matter of simple math

There are 12 comments on the Public Opinion story from Sep 29, 2010, titled GUEST ESSAY: CAWTO representation a matter of simple math. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

There appears to be a lack of public information on the planned reorganization of the Chambersburg Area Wage Tax Office board.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Dave

Waynesboro, PA

#1 Sep 29, 2010
Poor residents of Warren Township have little representation. Yet Chambersburg residents have the most votes as any.

The current method would be like if there were just the House without the Senate. California & Texas & New York could reign terror on Alaska, Rhode Island & Delaware.

Why note assign a vote based on an entity and then a vote based on population. Sort of a combination of how the Congress works.

What we don't need on the board is more railroading that occurred in the meetings to pick (surprise!) Chambersburg Wage Tax. The obvious results from the first meeting.

Disagree

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Sep 29, 2010
One man, one vote is fine for this organization. As a county collection agency now, everyone should be concerned with every citizen in the county, not just for your own jurisdiction. The petty David vs. Goliath antics must stop. Chambersburg relishes the Goliath role and it's just wrong.
Taylor

Harrisburg, PA

#3 Sep 29, 2010
Mr. Barton, you have sold out your conservative values to the established power. We put you on that school board to fight the corruption and you have caved. I am wholeheartedly disappointed with you and the TEA Party will remember this.
letters

Lancaster, PA

#4 Sep 29, 2010
Taylor wrote:
Mr. Barton, you have sold out your conservative values to the established power. We put you on that school board to fight the corruption and you have caved. I am wholeheartedly disappointed with you and the TEA Party will remember this.
Oh my Mr. Barton... no more invites the the witches coven parties and may "Aqua Buddha" rain on your parade!
Oh my

York, PA

#5 Sep 29, 2010
You have to love this idea. First, Chambersburg uses its weighted voting on the TCC to select the highest bidder to collect taxes.

Now it wants to have the most votes on the board to manage the way it is run!

You have to admire Chambersburg. It recognizes that the rest of the county doesn't trust it, yet it really doesn't care so long as it benefits themselves.
Sam

Landisburg, PA

#6 Sep 29, 2010
Hasn't the opposition low bidder had several lawsuits filed against it ??
HUH

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Sep 29, 2010
Sam wrote:
Gee, I don't know. Has it? How many people have not been satisfied by CAWTO for a long time? Anyone can file a lawsuit against anyone. Haven't several been filed against CAWTO?
Oh my

Chambersburg, PA

#8 Sep 29, 2010
Sam wrote:
Yes, and they also played "devil" music and worshipped in cemetaries during the full moon.

You have to love the scare tactics. Here in the grownup's world Sam, we like to see those things referred to as "facts." You know, the ones that show the end result of the lawsuit?

I love the folks who can't wait to justify the fleecing of our local taxpayers by choosing the highest bidders.
Oh my

Chambersburg, PA

#9 Sep 29, 2010
Dave wrote:
Poor residents of Warren Township have little representation. Yet Chambersburg residents have the most votes as any.
The current method would be like if there were just the House without the Senate. California & Texas & New York could reign terror on Alaska, Rhode Island & Delaware.
Why note assign a vote based on an entity and then a vote based on population. Sort of a combination of how the Congress works.
What we don't need on the board is more railroading that occurred in the meetings to pick (surprise!) Chambersburg Wage Tax. The obvious results from the first meeting.
Dave: You're missing the point. The Chambersburg School District and its municipalities want to control the county and chose whoever, whatever, whenever they please.
James

Scranton, PA

#10 Sep 30, 2010
Hey Barton,

I lot of facts, figures, and bull.
Blue Moon

York, PA

#11 Sep 30, 2010
One would have thought that "simple math" would have been utilized to choose the lowest bidder.
mainline

Greencastle, PA

#12 Oct 1, 2010
Blue Moon wrote:
One would have thought that "simple math" would have been utilized to choose the lowest bidder.
DING DING DING DING DING...We have a winner!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angel young (Jul '16) 2 hr lmao 2
laila demiranda 3 hr lmao 1
Snitches in warren Sep 16 Hiiii 1
small business want to open branch jamestown Sep 6 Voice of Reason 9
Pet treats Sep 4 Buster g 1
Laser wash is down 8/27 Aug 27 Newland 2
News Message' Sent (Feb '16) Aug '17 Shortchangedseneca 4

Warren Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance