Sheffield Pa. man IDa d as crash victim

Sheffield Pa. man IDa d as crash victim

There are 17 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jun 16, 2010, titled Sheffield Pa. man IDa d as crash victim. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

A motorcyclist returning home to northeastern Pennsylvania from a trip to New Hampshire with friends was the victim of Tuesday's fatal crash in Sheffield.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Patrick Laughlin

Easthampton, MA

#1 Jun 17, 2010
Sadly this is yet another case that proves seinior citizens NEED to be subject to regulary schedualed driving evaluations. More and more lately I read about elderly people causing fatal accidents , yet the law makers treat teenagers like criminals when they get their drivers licence. Yes teens have accidents due to inexperiance behind the wheel, but their driving skills are only going to improve with time. The same can not be said of elderly drivers who's reflexes and eye sight are only going to deteriorate more and more with time. When are law makers going to start protecting us? Maybe when it's one of their sons or daughters a tragity like this happens to they'll start careing.
ignorant guy

North Adams, MA

#2 Jun 17, 2010
Get these old people off the road,how many places do they need go,get em rides,its not fair young people have to die because people with a couple years left,dont wanna lose the freedom that they have had,which happens to be longer lived than the lives of the people they kill and maim.Everytime I'm almost run off the road,or forced into another lane,I look over and see oblivious old people,clinging on to the wheel like an eight year old ! No one is safe!
Pittsfield Resident

Watervliet, NY

#3 Jun 17, 2010
Patrick Laughlin wrote:
Sadly this is yet another case that proves seinior citizens NEED to be subject to regulary schedualed driving evaluations. More and more lately I read about elderly people causing fatal accidents , yet the law makers treat teenagers like criminals when they get their drivers licence. Yes teens have accidents due to inexperiance behind the wheel, but their driving skills are only going to improve with time. The same can not be said of elderly drivers who's reflexes and eye sight are only going to deteriorate more and more with time. When are law makers going to start protecting us? Maybe when it's one of their sons or daughters a tragity like this happens to they'll start careing.
COULDN"T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!
Citizen

Adams, MA

#4 Jun 17, 2010
Again, this lousy headline reads : Sheffield, PA Man. There's no Sheffield in Pennsylvania, last time I checked. Get some new writers, Eagle!
citizen

Queensbury, NY

#5 Jun 17, 2010
Agree about the eagle, but you facts are wrong.
Sheffield is a census-designated place (CDP) in Warren County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,268 at the 2000 census.
adams native

Clockville, NY

#6 Jun 17, 2010
Its a terrible thing to happen when another elderly person is allowed to continue to drive... My aunt and cousin were almost killed by an elderly person years ago.. when will the RMV step up and start retesting their reflexes and other abilities required to drive... I am so sorry for the loss..

Since: Jun 10

Pittsfield, MA

#7 Jun 17, 2010
Patrick Laughlin wrote:
Sadly this is yet another case that proves seinior citizens NEED to be subject to regulary schedualed driving evaluations. More and more lately I read about elderly people causing fatal accidents , yet the law makers treat teenagers like criminals when they get their drivers licence. Yes teens have accidents due to inexperiance behind the wheel, but their driving skills are only going to improve with time. The same can not be said of elderly drivers who's reflexes and eye sight are only going to deteriorate more and more with time. When are law makers going to start protecting us? Maybe when it's one of their sons or daughters a tragity like this happens to they'll start careing.
Thank you!!
ronald fritz

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jun 19, 2010
test senior drivers
Rudy

United States

#9 Jun 19, 2010
ronald fritz wrote:
test senior drivers
As a senior I couldn't agree more. Everything I have just read is true. What age? I don't know, but certainly 80 years old.

Hey, legislators in Boston, start looking into this - for all our sakes.
morgan12

Warren, PA

#10 Jun 27, 2010
Citizen wrote:
Again, this lousy headline reads : Sheffield, PA Man. There's no Sheffield in Pennsylvania, last time I checked. Get some new writers, Eagle!
Hopefully we'll get some more intelligent people that can actually think before they post...
Oh the irony

Berne, NY

#11 Jun 27, 2010
morgan12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully we'll get some more intelligent people that can actually think before they post...
Oh, the irony!

The victim is not from Sheffield, PA dummy. You should have followed your own advice.

The headline was bad.

And your jumping in as Johnny-come-lately hero to save the day was worse.
morgan12

Warren, PA

#12 Jun 27, 2010
Oh the irony wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the irony!
The victim is not from Sheffield, PA dummy. You should have followed your own advice.
The headline was bad.
And your jumping in as Johnny-come-lately hero to save the day was worse.
The response was to "no Sheffield in Pa". You might refer back to the my original statement. Maybe you can figure it out the second time.....you know, the part that was inside the headline. Keep trying, I'm sure someone believes in you.
Eagle loving idiots

Berne, NY

#13 Jun 27, 2010
morgan12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The response was to "no Sheffield in Pa". You might refer back to the my original statement. Maybe you can figure it out the second time.....you know, the part that was inside the headline. Keep trying, I'm sure someone believes in you.
The Eagle headline sucked. Deal with it! If it had said Sheffield: with the colon, all would have been well. But they didn't use it, hence the confusion of some that the man was from Sheffield, PA.
You can defend the crappy puke rag Eagle all you want. It will only result in no one of intelligence taking you seriously.

Since: Jun 10

Pittsfield, MA

#14 Jun 27, 2010
You are all lame. Who cares if they messed up the headline? If you read the article then you know it isn't saying he is from Sheffield, PA. Does anyone ever read this paper just to read it and not to criticize?
sheffield pa citizen

Curwensville, PA

#15 Oct 1, 2012
check again !!!!!Im from sheffield pa

Since: Apr 13

Meadville, PA

#16 Apr 14, 2013
Citizen wrote:
Again, this lousy headline reads : Sheffield, PA Man. There's no Sheffield in Pennsylvania, last time I checked. Get some new writers, Eagle!
ok there is a Sheffield in pa I live there dumbass

Since: Apr 13

Meadville, PA

#17 Apr 14, 2013
Ok I love in sheffield pa ass and why don't you try map quest b4 you comment

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John weber Feb 17 FACT 3
Warren PA the Jewell of the allegheny Feb 14 Rustbeltretard 2
News Tanker Rollover Feb 14 stop the madness 1
News I'm sorry' Feb 14 stop the madness 2
Jasmine Lindgren Feb 13 TIMMAAAY 4
Jiggers Feb 13 TIMMAAAY 2
Top 10 Girls in Warren to bone Feb 13 TIMMAAAY 4

Warren Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warren Mortgages