No-smoking in city parks now the...

No-smoking in city parks now the...

There are 2 comments on the Times Observer story from Oct 26, 2013, titled No-smoking in city parks now the.... In it, Times Observer reports that:

Playgrounds throughout the City of Warren are now smoke free areas, even if there are no plans in place to enforce the regulation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Observer.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Oct 26, 2013
You know that eventually they'll make it a state law and then ole Scurvy Skerda (the judge) will be sentencing people to state time in the dungeons of the People's Republic of Pennsylvania. Warren County has more people moving out than moving in, mostly to state prison system. In Warren County, you're lucky if you find a part time, minimum wage job. You should see some of the frivolous fines and costs that both Skerda & Hamilton hand down. If anyone cannot afford to pay, to jail they go. That's what I call CASH REGISTER JUSTICE. Back in 1980, there was this one guy that was on ARD probation and wasn't able to pay his restitution in full by the time his ARD had expired. He was busted on 3 counts of theft by unlawful taking. After his ARD expired he was given 6 months by then president judge Wolfe to pay off the remainder of his restitution which was just over $5K. There was no way that he was going to come with that kind of money in just 6 months, not in Warren. So he went west to either Colorado or California, I can't remember which and panned for gold. The price was rising and he got enough flakes, & nuggets to pay everything off. He sent Carl McKee postal service money orders to go towards his bills. McKee thought he was into some sort of criminal enterprise, and wasn't aware that it was then legal to possess gold. He evidently didn't know that Nixon lifted the moratorium on possession of gold about 8 or 9 years earlier. It didn't matter though. McKee told Wolfe that he was sure that he was into some kind of criminal activity. When Judge Wolfe asked McKee for proof, he said he didn't have any. The defendant was cleared and he never returned to Pennsylvania, even for the funerals of numerous family members, most of whom lived in Warren County. The best thing to do is get out of Pennsylvania in general and Warren County in particular. It's easy to do, especially if you live in an apartment or other rented dwelling.

“I oughtta be in Nashville”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 3, 2013
Shari, you have a unique way with your words. But for the most part, I agree with them. Justice in Warren County is not tempered with mercy. Right wing extremism is more like it, which is kinda good in a way. There's no volume discount for multiple crimes committed. The bigger cities are not at all like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good stuff 21 hr Sugergrovian 4
Good daycare places Jan 30 Thank you so much 3
Big joes Jan 28 Coke 2
High School Wrestling Team Jan 22 Mr Little 1
Sugar grove fight Wednesday night Jan 17 It is what it is 1
Joe zdarko Jan 10 Jim 4
Branden Busche Jan 10 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warren Mortgages