Six People Die In House Fire | Ohio N...

Six People Die In House Fire | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 6 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jun 16, 2011, titled Six People Die In House Fire | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Six people have died, including four children in a Warren house fire, reported ONN affiliate WKBN-TV. Warren Fire chief Ken Nussle told WKBN that it was one of the deadliest fires in the city's recent history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

vmb41

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 16, 2011
Warren, OH, is where I was born. Northwest side is still nice. I don't know if I knew any of the victims yet. Either way it's still sad. My deepest, deepset heart felt condolences to the surviving family members.
Viper

United States

#2 Jun 16, 2011
My heart and prayers goes out to the surviving family members and friends.

Since: May 11

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 16, 2011
Looks like the majority of the damage is to the upstairs where the children were. Such a shame...
just someone

Kilbourne, OH

#4 Jun 16, 2011
This is really horrible to read. Almost every deadly house fire you read about says "no working smoke detectors found". This is very sad. You can get them from fire departments for free usually. I think there should be more of a push for smoke detectors. I have 4 in my home. 1 in the stairwell of the basement, one in the hallway, one on one end of my kitchen, and one in my attic. Maybe I have a neurotic fear of dying in a fire, but I try to make sure my family is as safe as possible from a deadly fire.
Bluerose

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 16, 2011
This was a very sad thing. Of course this site is behind everyone else, as usual, in updating stories. The fire started from a grill at the back of the house that was left burning and thought to have been used as late as 3am. It burned a nearby wooden fence and spread to the house. There was a cook out party yesterday. The oldest child, 13 was from Columbus, visiting her aunt, uncle and cousins. Condolences to all the family.
meh

Westerville, OH

#6 Jun 16, 2011
this was COMPLETELY preventable. Why on earth would you go to bed before the charcoal was out?? And what the HeL1 were they thinking having it so close to their home???? Idiots... I'm sorry for the loss of the children, but god some people are so stupid..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
roy neuton puckelwartz (Jan '07) Apr '15 nikonoo 8
An outsiders view Jan '15 mama 2
News Columbiana eyes enterprise zone (May '14) Jan '15 1980Bears 2
News Strange & Unusual - Woman Murdered After She Wr... (Nov '07) Jan '15 DILF 24
who knows leeann maggio???? Jan '15 laurameanbussiness 1
News Robert R. Spain 1946-2009 (Jun '09) Dec '14 Angelina Spain 2
bad neighbors (Apr '14) Dec '14 justice4some 5
More from around the web

Warren People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]