Prosecution Rests in Jenkins Murder T...

Prosecution Rests in Jenkins Murder Trial

There are 35 comments on the WFMJ-TV Youngstown story from Mar 7, 2006, titled Prosecution Rests in Jenkins Murder Trial. In it, WFMJ-TV Youngstown reports that:

Go Back The Prosecution rests it's case in the David Jenkins murder trial. The former Warren Harding basketball coach is accused of killing his wife Deanna Jenkins on May 20, 2004, the night after she told him ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMJ-TV Youngstown.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yall know me

Harvest, AL

#22 Dec 13, 2008
I knew Mr Jenkins for a while. He was a nice man, but he was also abusive, and very demanding. He had such a nice family, and Deana was a wonderful person, and so were the kids. I believed that he did do it. God how mercey on his soul for doing such a thing. When you see something Like this happen its very sad.
knowledge born

Ellenwood, GA

#23 Jan 23, 2009
David is my cousin, and I have always known him to promote GOD as the center of his life, those who have made comments on this site should use wisdom an not speak on things that are not facts about this case. As others have stated before that the children are the ones that have to bare this burden, therefore if you don't have anything to say that is positive, then don't say anyhing at all. peace!
FOR-u-2

Akron, OH

#24 Feb 8, 2009
LOOK,He made a mistake thats going to haunt him for ever,took a life.It not only distroyed his family but it also showed alot of us that something like this could happen to anyone.Bottom line is a poor girl is dead that was a im sure a good mother to her kids,Back when it was told to tell your children to look up at there role model,I (a white man) told my son that out of all the people that I met, that his basketball coAch David Jenkens would be a great person to look up to & would be a great role model for him,I really felt that way since then I was on dope & not to happy with my self.Then this went down,He isnt a fake man,or a monster,he completly made the worst mistake of his & others life that couldnt or can't be fixed.My sons in college doing well & to this day & will not talk about it,so lets stop beating this family up & start taking care of our own !David went to court & got his sentence.Time is short & we waist it on downing & judging,lets work on our own family.LIVE & LEARN FROM IT!
Ms Terri

Atlanta, GA

#25 Jun 5, 2009
This is my uncle and my Aunt, this is my family by blood. My family has suffered so much from this...We are not the same. I miss Deana! God knows I miss her I spent her last night on this earth with her doing what we love to do , trying on clothes and eating,lol!!! My uncle I miss him too, for he was a great uncle, more like a big brother to me! We craked jokes all the time he was a clown like me "silly". I read many of these comments and must say I was somewhat hurt. This is my family ...and if you can look at your own family you can agree that not one family is perfect. Not one CHRISTIAN is perfect for the word says WE ALL fall short(meaning continuosly). Calling my Aunt , my dead aunt a "slut" was not appropiate. My cousins (her children)are reading these comments with disbelief and hurt. My cousin went through a lot...they lost both parents . Yes, maybe the marriage was not perfect and with secrets but does this justify MURDER? Stop with the comments that just add to the fire. Pray for my family rather than come against them with the past...pray for my cousins who are orphans now. Pray for the Jenkins/Cox family that their strength grows. This is a man and woman I loved and adore and what happen is now in God's hands. I had to testify in this trial...yes the truth hurts but what we can't do is Judge. I can name more good than bad about both Deana and David. But the truth is a crime was commented and rather we feel someone did this or that or was a fake or Phony lets remember the family is reading consider our feelings and respect teh family as a whole. I want to clear up a couple of comments....Deana is a college graduate and David attend college at bowling Green ...She was not BROKE..neither was he. They had a house, he drove an SUV she drove a BMW...but it wasn't the material things that committed the crime,so why is it necesary to exploit this mess. Durrell found his mother's body, he suffered depression for awhile...the negeative cooments are not something he should have to read...but I must say, its been 5 years , Durrell is working and is able to live with reality he has been the source of support for his sister desirae....they ar all they got!! Desirae has recently graduate from college, Durrell will be re-entering soon. My point is...if the kids can move on ...my adxise for you all would be move on. Life is too short. Kiss your children and love them. Children, love and respect your parents. LOVE and PRAY as a family.
acb

Spring Valley, CA

#26 Jun 22, 2009
I knew Deanna for many years as a child and teen in west virginia.To this day she remains in my
heart as one of the sweetest people I have ever
known.

“iDefine F.L.Y.”

Since: Jun 09

Columbus, Ohio

#27 Jun 29, 2009
I agree with Terri. I am a close friend of her children and it hurt the entire family. I mourned with her daughter at the loss of her mother and it hurts me to read some of the comments posted on this thread. Do you people not have hearts??? How can you come in a thread and completely belittle a victim of death?? All of us that know Ms. Deana personally know that she did not deserve to be killed nor does she deserve to be disrespected and talked down upon after her death. There are some cold hearted people in this world.
Concerned Reporter

Helena, AL

#28 Mar 13, 2010
Excuse me....Does this sounds like O.J. and Nicole Simpson??
Family

Stockbridge, GA

#29 Aug 31, 2010
HAPPY wrote:
SHE WAS BROKE, WHERE WAS SHE GOING...(MAYBE TO BED WITH ANOTHER MAN?
Let me guess your one of the idiots he "David" told this to. No he was broke! HHHHMMM from NC must be one of his CURRENT WIFES "GAil" friend!
Juror

New York, NY

#30 Jun 29, 2011
I sat on the jury for this case and had not heard of it before stepping foot into that courtroom, along with most of the other jurors. The state proved, beyond a reasonable doubt, that he brutally murdered his wife. It was a very hard decision, but it was just. Race was never an issue, promescuity was never an issue. The issue at hand was that he was proved to be a murder, and we served justice. In the end, God will have the final word.
check this out

United States

#31 Jul 3, 2011
Michelle from Niles Oh wrote:
I met David Jenkins a few years back when he preached at my private school. At the time, I admired him and beleived he was passionate for God. There have been more recent things that happened before Deanna was murdered that make me know that David Jenkins is a fake. I have personally seen him do things I never would have thought "a man of God would do." I am more than convinced that this man deserves whatever comes to him and needs to quit using God's name so loosely when he speaks. If you truly are a Christian, you are Christ-like and he is a hypocrite.
this is a good site to follow the so-called men (and women) of god. give joe my regards.

www.religiousdouchebags.com
Another cousin from Akron

Akron, OH

#32 Mar 22, 2012
cousin from ohio wrote:
I grew up with my cousin Deana and no one in this world would have a reason to hurt her,but him she was going to leave him. Hello! Motive. I think he did it. Again someone think about the kids. They are the ones that are in the most pain thanks to some cruel act they dont have a mother or father. When all he had to do is let go.
I agree I didnt actually grow up with Deana, but I am one of her younger cousins, our grand parents were sibilings. I do believe he did loose control, and yeah Deana the person that she was , was so beautiful it would have been hard to let go. He took a very beautiful woman inside and out away from us , now the kids have no parents ,and us no Deana. I think he should have to pay for every year he took from her, I hate to say that, because the kids as grown as they may be needs their dad. Life for an life I feel is fair.

Akron, OH

#33 Mar 22, 2012
Michelle from Niles Oh wrote:
I met David Jenkins a few years back when he preached at my private school. At the time, I admired him and beleived he was passionate for God. There have been more recent things that happened before Deanna was murdered that make me know that David Jenkins is a fake. I have personally seen him do things I never would have thought "a man of God would do." I am more than convinced that this man deserves whatever comes to him and needs to quit using God's name so loosely when he speaks. If you truly are a Christian, you are Christ-like and he is a hypocrite.
Thank You Michelle. I believe you hit the nail on the head. Even though I think that the conviction wasnt enough he still has higher power in which he has to come before and plea his case, and this higher power cant be fooled he see's all.

Akron, OH

#34 Mar 22, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a bit out of pocket. I knew Deanna also and I didn't mean to call her a slut, she was a very nice lady. My apology to you and to her name sake.
I know that know that you issued an apology, but stop screwing a married man isnt motive, it is a favor but leaving your husband that doesnt have all his coins in his pocket and she did ,is motive. Deana did not have a care she would have been fine money wise without him, him not so much for him. Greed is also a motive.He wasnt no angel he wasnt loyal to her either.

Akron, OH

#35 Mar 22, 2012
Yes God can be his only Judge ,I hope there is no pity on his sole when he is exposed

United States

#36 Jun 20, 2012
knowledge born wrote:
David is my cousin, and I have always known him to promote GOD as the center of his life, those who have made comments on this site should use wisdom an not speak on things that are not facts about this case. As others have stated before that the children are the ones that have to bare this burden, therefore if you don't have anything to say that is positive, then don't say anyhing at all. peace!
I agree wit some of what you are saying ,but Deana was one of my older cousin. So I would like to know What is Positive about the situation. He was proven guilty and my cousin is GONE, she wont be walking out no prison .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Larry's Super Pawn Inc Jun 22 Gary barker 1
News Municipal Court Jun 18 Concerned 1
roy neuton puckelwartz (Jan '07) Apr '15 nikonoo 8
An outsiders view Jan '15 mama 2
News Columbiana eyes enterprise zone (May '14) Jan '15 1980Bears 2
News Strange & Unusual - Woman Murdered After She Wr... (Nov '07) Jan '15 DILF 24
who knows leeann maggio???? Jan '15 laurameanbussiness 1
More from around the web

Warren People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Warren Mortgages