Greylock earnings a record $6.25M Lan...

Greylock earnings a record $6.25M Lanesborough branch to open b...

There are 13 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Mar 19, 2009, titled Greylock earnings a record $6.25M Lanesborough branch to open b.... In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Despite the economic recession that struck Berkshire County at the end of last year, Greylock Federal Credit Union posted a record $6.25 million in earnings in 2008 and plans to open a new branch in Lanesborough by this summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Prove me wrong

Latham, NY

#1 Mar 19, 2009
How about an ATM on Main st in Lanesboro, one at the Berkshire Mall and one on outer West Housatonic in Pittsfield?
Mom

Monterey, MA

#2 Mar 19, 2009
remember way back when Greylock used to give the profits back to their members????
Yankee Fan

Clifton Park, NY

#3 Mar 19, 2009
As a fan of baseball I would only hope that the Eagle could see fit to give the Yankees the coverage they deserve. This area has many Yankee fans and would like the local paper to cover their team. After all we all are paying customers of the Eagle. I seem to remember a poll that was taken sometime ago. The results of the poll were that the Berkshires had about 60% Red Sox fans and 40% Yankee fans. The bottom line is that 40% of the readers are Yankee fans so start acknowledging that fact by providing fair press coverage.
Otto Zink

Shutesbury, MA

#4 Mar 19, 2009
Yankee Fan wrote:
As a fan of baseball I would only hope that the Eagle could see fit to give the Yankees the coverage they deserve. This area has many Yankee fans and would like the local paper to cover their team. After all we all are paying customers of the Eagle. I seem to remember a poll that was taken sometime ago. The results of the poll were that the Berkshires had about 60% Red Sox fans and 40% Yankee fans. The bottom line is that 40% of the readers are Yankee fans so start acknowledging that fact by providing fair press coverage.
Start your own tread about this. This is a weird place to place this comment do ya think.Go hit your balls elsewere.
proud owner hee hee

Shutesbury, MA

#5 Mar 20, 2009
Mom wrote:
remember way back when Greylock used to give the profits back to their members????
I DO REMEMBER THAT. Then as the bank grew and profits grew someone dedided that it might be better to keep all that profit for themselves. They still like to tell you you are an "OWNER" though. But apparently that's pretty much a hollow word. Greylock gets special benefits cuz they are not a "BANK". Even WalMart is sharing these days.
Hey, it's a Pittsfield thing...corporate and politcal greed.

“Everything is local”

Since: Apr 08

Great Barrington, MA

#6 Mar 20, 2009
So not being a member at all I get the same amount of profits as the average member?
squid

Adams, MA

#7 Mar 20, 2009
Yankee Fan wrote:
Wrong forum, icehole!
squid

Adams, MA

#8 Mar 20, 2009
pat the painter wrote:
So not being a member at all I get the same amount of profits as the average member?
You are correct.

"Member" is just a marketing ploy to capture the attention of dolts who like the whole "buy local" thing....
deposit this

Shutesbury, MA

#9 Mar 20, 2009
squid wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct.
"Member" is just a marketing ploy to capture the attention of dolts who like the whole "buy local" thing....
yah, they are not a bank ...they just do the same things banks do

ya had to be there
jkl

Schenectady, NY

#10 Apr 6, 2009
Yeah, that whole member thing is a joke.
recently did my own little survey of local banks
and the rates they charge - guess which on was
one of the highest in the area?? GFCU...

Guess the whole brand recognition thing allows them to charge more - but I for one, am taking my $$$ so somewhere with better rates.

“CARPE DIEM”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#14 Apr 7, 2009
jkl wrote:
recently did my own little survey of local banks and the rates they charge - guess which on was one of the highest in the area?? GFCU...
I dont know what kind of rates you are talking about? I have been with Greylock for 20 years.
I have a Greylock mortgage, credit card,savings,and my home and auto insurance with them. Great service, do all on banking online for free.
Sarah C

Northville, NY

#16 Apr 7, 2009
CURLY1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know what kind of rates you are talking about? I have been with Greylock for 20 years.
I have a Greylock mortgage, credit card,savings,and my home and auto insurance with them. Great service, do all on banking online for free.
Do they own the land they sit on?

http://www.masslandrecords.com

Who owns a credit union?

“CARPE DIEM”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#17 Apr 8, 2009
Sarah C wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they own the land they sit on?
http://www.masslandrecords.com
Who owns a credit union?
I belong to the Adams branch and I do believe they own the entire building. I also believe that they own the West st location. I dont know about the others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danielle Venne Sep 21 GrandmotherWantsJ... 1
News Ware arrests 20 people in undercover crackdown ... (Sep '08) Aug '17 Judge Roy Bean 6
News Third dead goat reported with a broken neck in ... Aug '17 Judge Roy Bean 1
Janine's in Ware welcomes back Dan Kirouac Aug '17 Beatleman 1
News Sen. Warren to hold town hall in Pittsfield on ... Jul '17 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 15
Janine's in Ware welcomes back Dan Kirouac for ... Jun '17 Northeast Music S... 1
Beatles For Sale to perform in West Warren Jun '17 Beatleman 1

Warren Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warren Mortgages