Sheriff candidates to appear at forum...

Sheriff candidates to appear at forum Monday - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 47 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jul 22, 2010, titled Sheriff candidates to appear at forum Monday - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The four candidates for Worcester County Sheriff are scheduled to appear in a candidates' forum Monday night at the Border Grille in Leominster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
just telling the truth

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Jul 22, 2010
I wonder if Tom Foley's pension scam will come out?
Clown

Westminster, MA

#2 Jul 22, 2010
I wonder if Lew will wear his clown hat and throw candy at the crowd. He's made a joke of this.
Clown

Westminster, MA

#3 Jul 22, 2010
Lew "I left my wallet at home" Evangelidis is a real faker.
inside info

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Jul 22, 2010
The pension scam is the best how greedy can one be?
inside info

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Jul 22, 2010
I just can't beleive that the voting public would even entertain T. Foley! He is receiving $112,000 per year tax free! for the last five years. There are people losing their jobs, houses , etc... and he wants to make $250,000 large! Wake up you voting mules and elect Scot Bove. Experience is the heart of this race.
dps

Templeton, MA

#6 Jul 22, 2010
Twin City Tea Party? LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Im done

AOL

#7 Jul 22, 2010
Elect Scot Bove? He's not even a factor in this race. He's broke and done, he took all he could from us jail employees and he's getting no more!!!!
Im done

AOL

#8 Jul 22, 2010
Scot had better be looking for another job, he's done at the jail. An uneducated hack is what he is.
Dep Supt

United States

#9 Jul 22, 2010
Scot is not now, nor will he ever be Sheriff material. He's been taken care of his whole career, he's not a leader.
Dep Supt

United States

#10 Jul 22, 2010
We're proud to Support Lew Evangelidis, the only true politician in this race.
JIm

Fitchburg, MA

#11 Jul 23, 2010
just telling the truth wrote:
He represents everything that is wrong with the system. Add greed to it, and he represents everything that is wrong with the system.

Yet, what makes things even worst is that he actually tries to convince everyone he deserves it, talk about arrogance
good job fhs

AOL

#12 Jul 23, 2010
Dep Supt wrote:

That's a great reason not to vote for lew e, he's nothing but a politician. This is just a stepping stone for him.
steve

Clinton, MA

#13 Jul 23, 2010
Turn this rat-hole over to the state and let them run it. Never seen so much corruption. None of the four are any good, there all scum-bags.
Jail worker and proud

AOL

#14 Jul 23, 2010
I'd be willing to bet that Bove gets so desperate that he'll start attack ads in the next few weeks, any takers? As we all know, negetive never works.
BURG CO

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Jul 23, 2010
Dep Supt wrote:
Politician? That the last thing we need, a republician in a emocratic state trying to suck off $ to fix the dump. No way, politics f**ks that place up. At least give me one of the guys with co/police experience!
Youre right

AOL

#16 Jul 23, 2010
BURG CO wrote:
<quoted text>
Politician? That the last thing we need, a republician in a emocratic state trying to suck off $ to fix the dump. No way, politics f**ks that place up. At least give me one of the guys with co/police experience!
Let them show us a list of their qualifications, it should be that simple, resumes and qualifications period. The strongest candidate gets my vote.
Hack o rama

AOL

#17 Jul 23, 2010
just telling the truth wrote:
Absolutely, Bove's goons are planning it as we speak!
Leominster Resident Voter

Leominster, MA

#18 Jul 23, 2010
Clown wrote:
Lew "I left my wallet at home" Evangelidis is a real faker.
Did you say that about all people that did not donate to your cause? You are a poor representative of the charity-Grow up!
cheapie

Mamaroneck, NY

#19 Jul 23, 2010
Did anybody notice Lew always has the same pants and belt on? Is he cheap or just clueless?
Delusions

Fitchburg, MA

#20 Jul 24, 2010
BURG CO wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...you couldn't be more off base with comments and obviously have never once taken the time to listen to Lew's platform and what he wants to do to fix the sheriff's department. Of which, by the way, he's not at all opposed to completely abolishing the county government system and moving responsibility over to the state where they already have staff and administrators running the correctional facilities instead of having Individual MADOC departments in each of the counties. Costing you and I tons of unnecessary dollars.

Lew is looking to end the patronage and good ole boy network up there requiring you to do well at your job, not just campaigning and donating to the sheriff's election.

Lew is looking to end the revolving door at WHOC by encouraging and implementing plans to get these guys off their dependencies for drugs and alcohol. A key factor in the majority of the "residents" of the facility. He also wants to stop paying $35k per year to house ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. He believes that if You're here illegally already and then commit a crime against the citizens of Worcester county, he needs to do everything in his power to have you deported not living at tax payer expense (food, shelter, clothing, medical care, entertainment, education, legal fees etc).

This may be an elected office and Lew may currently be an elected official but Lew has done more to promote public safety in this state in his 8 year tenure on beacon hill then all of the past sheriffs combined. And he did this prior to ever thinking about this race, he did it because he LEGITIMATELY cares about this state, this county and it's citizens. Lew is not a "politician" in the derogatory sense of the word. He involved in politics but is truly a public servant and leader deserving of everyones consideration and support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warren asks Trump to withdraw AG nominee or fac... Nov 21 Trump your President 2
News W. Brookfield man spends wedding night in jail (Aug '06) Aug '16 Dave Jersey 9
News Tantasqua Regional High School students charged... (Jun '12) Aug '16 Mike Jersey 4
News Pregnant Mom Arrested For OUI, Drug Possession (Oct '06) Jul '16 Mike Jersey 3
Dan Kirouac returns to Ware for acoustic concert Jun '16 New England Music... 1
Dan Kirouac performs live in Ware (May '16) May '16 New England Music... 1
cousin Brian chaffee (Dec '15) Dec '15 Mike Jersey 1

Warren Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warren Mortgages