Tewksbury voters give 'stretch energy...

Tewksbury voters give 'stretch energy' the boot

There are 3 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 6, 2010, titled Tewksbury voters give 'stretch energy' the boot. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Thankfully, there were an odd number of people at last night's Special Town Meeting; otherwise, an article proposing the town adopt a "Stretch Energy Code" could have resulted in a tie.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

40B to the Rescue

Stoneham, MA

#1 Oct 6, 2010
If Scarano is so anti-government intervention for builders, how come he's such a "40B guy."
Tewksbury Citizen

Hudson, MA

#2 Oct 6, 2010
Given his track record with the Town, I wouldn't be listening to "anything" he had to say....moderator should have called him on his "time" at the mike.... blah, blah, blah multiple times. Why doesn't he fix his OWN mess he's left on Lee St. after selling the townspeople a bill of goods that year to secure the rezoning on that property so he could build his condos. IMO, this guy is bad news no matter how you look at it.
Gohn Jalt

Chelmsford, MA

#3 Oct 6, 2010
Let's get rid of that part of the building code that requires smoke alarms. It's an infringement on the builders' rights of free choice. I mean, we're all in favor of not having people die from smoke inhalation, but it's just wrong to shove it down the builders' throats like that.
Let's get rid of the parts of the building code that require insulation, too. in the words of Robert Scarano, "It is a great idea to increase energy efficiency and save money. What I'm opposed to is you are coerced to save money. You are forced to make improvements according to someone else's design. This will crush growth because it will be easier to build elsewhere."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ware arrests 20 people in undercover crackdown ... (Sep '08) Aug 11 Judge Roy Bean 6
News Third dead goat reported with a broken neck in ... Aug 11 Judge Roy Bean 1
Janine's in Ware welcomes back Dan Kirouac Aug 2 Beatleman 1
News Sen. Warren to hold town hall in Pittsfield on ... Jul '17 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 15
Janine's in Ware welcomes back Dan Kirouac for ... Jun '17 Northeast Music S... 1
Beatles For Sale to perform in West Warren Jun '17 Beatleman 1
Dan Kirouac: acoustic rock at Janine's May '17 Beatleman 1

Warren Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warren Mortgages