Domestic dispute ends with wife on fire

There are 20 comments on the Mar 10, 2010, KFOR story titled Domestic dispute ends with wife on fire. In it, KFOR reports that:

There are new details involving a man police say ambushed the mother of his children and set her on fire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
no hope

United States

#1 Mar 10, 2010
There is no hope for this man. Anyone who would set another person on fire.... You can't cross that bridge and come back over.
Out of Shape

Montgomery, AL

#2 Mar 10, 2010
Can't believe these cops can catch anyone - look at the shape they are in. Do they not have a physical fitness program they could use. Pray for the family.
yep

Montgomery, AL

#3 Mar 10, 2010
Too bad the cops couldn't shoot him for trying to escape. No trial, no lawyer!
Sad

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Mar 10, 2010
no hope wrote:
There is no hope for this man. Anyone who would set another person on fire.... You can't cross that bridge and come back over.
I agree, he will not change. I pray that family finds a way to get away from him forever. God bless and keep them.
RDS

United States

#5 Mar 10, 2010
Sick bastard! Needs to have the same done to him. Cant stand abusers male or female.
June Spence

United States

#6 Mar 10, 2010
First, her last name is MILLER, not Milvey...She and her Children need Prayer..And, so much for the VICTIM PROTECTION ORDER!..Laura has said many times, he was a Violent Man, and that's why she moved back to Oklahoma City, so she would feel safe with her Family. I am sure he had MURDER on his mind to have driven such a long way...I just hope he NEVER gets a chance to be free again..Laura is my Husbands younger Sister, and we all Love her very much...
June Spence

United States

#7 Mar 10, 2010
I am from OKC, not Lawton..
LOL

Perkins, OK

#8 Mar 10, 2010
He'll be out walking the street again, just like child molesters and murder convicts. He'll get a lawyer provided to him via our tax dollars defending his demented mind. Cheapest justice, buy a gallon of gas, for what $2.63 now, get some free matches at the tobacco shack, and a volunteer to strike the match and set his ass on fire! I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers to do the job!
yamevoy

Eureka, CA

#9 Mar 10, 2010
where is the love?

Domestic dispute ends with wife on fire

Joleen Chaney Reporting KFOR

12:20 PM CST, March 10, 2010
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK -- There are new details involving a man police say ambushed the mother of his children and set her on fire. Once authorities had him in custody, he tried to escape. The attack was carried out in front the couple's children. The woman and her three daughters ran to a neighbor's house for help.

Police say the man responsible traveled to Oklahoma from New Mexico, broke into the home, poured gasoline on his ex and set her on fire.

"It was like you could just see the skin coming off her. It was horrible," Ann Coulter said. "I've read about stuff like this...but I had never seen it."

Until 28-year-old Laura Milvey and her three young daughters showed up at Coulter's doorstep.

"She said 'I've been burned and I'm hurting please, please get the ambulance here,'" Coulter said.

Milvey was severely burned. Her children, ages 3, 7 and 10 were by her side the entire time.

The oldest child called 911 after police say the kids' estranged father, 34-year-old George Rodriguez, soaked Milvey in gasoline and then set her on fire.

"Later her mom told her that he poured gasoline in her mouth," Coulter said.

Coulter said Rodriguez ripped off Milvey's clothes before attacking her with gasoline.

"She only had her nipples covered up and her entire back was peeling," Coulter said. "She didn't feel safe because she was burned all over."

Milvey was still scared even after Rodriguez was arrested and for good reason.

He kicked out the back passenger window of a police car.

Officers quickly wrestled him to the ground, the couple's three young girls had to witness the event.

"I can't imagine my kids seeing something like that at those ages," Coulter said.

Milvey suffered third-degree burns on about 40 percent of her body.

She was listed in critical condition Tuesday night.

Rodriguez now faces several felony charges.
Nicole

United States

#12 Mar 10, 2010
I hope he goes to jail and gets raped!!
Janice

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Mar 10, 2010
Douse the SOB w/ gasoline and set him on fire. An eye for an eye ... might stop some of this insane sh*t that goes on every day somewhere in the world. People are crazy. And knowing that the "punishment" will be relatively painless and usually brief ... sure does nothing to deter nuts like this.
Janice

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Mar 10, 2010
Pyro wrote:
Guess no need asking what burns her @$$
Is that supposed to be funny?
Ree

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Mar 10, 2010
Pyro wrote:
Guess no need asking what burns her @$$
Maybe someone needs to set you on fire!!! Whats wrong with you? Seriously was that a joke because you really failed on this one! Maybe you should room with her husband and you can be butt buddies together. May the victim have a speedy recovery, and I know the children are going to need counseling. God be with them.
Tracy Alvarez

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Mar 10, 2010
I am trying to find out where the kids go to school so I can help coordinate from that end if they are in Oklahoma City Public Schools. Thanks.
Amber Griffin

Sandia Park, NM

#17 Mar 10, 2010
OMG I heard this morning!!! I havn't seen her in over a year we used to work together at Quell I have asked everyone to pray for her!! Please let me know how to contact her my email is amberxander@hotmail.com! I hope the girls are okay!!!!
Coulda Benna Contenda

Edmond, OK

#18 Mar 10, 2010
Besides being totally incorrigible and inhumane, causing endless suffering and creating fear to his family, he was an ILLEGAL ALIEN enjoying being a criminal and having total freedom. I say the only justice would be instant execution (and deport his miserable remains back to where he came from).
Eye for an Eye

Montgomery, AL

#19 Mar 10, 2010
Perhaps it's time for the State (not an individual) to administer a Eye for an Eye, Tooth for Tooth law.
MEE

Broken Bow, OK

#20 Mar 10, 2010
That is awful! I feel so bad for this family! They shoulda just shot that man on the spot! No need in payin to feed him in prison! He burned a lady alive! Like the comments above, there's no comin back for this man! This family's in my prayers!
RSM

Dallas, TX

#21 Mar 10, 2010
I actually worked with Laura here in Albuquerque, she is such a nice pleasant girl and never spoke an unkind word about anyone not even about this man. No one deserves to have to go through this especially not her or her children. I hope Oklahoma has the death penalty.
Chris

Oklahoma City, OK

#22 Mar 11, 2010
First, Pyro's comment was as sick as the SOB who maimed that poor woman. And in front of her/his kids. That's about as sick as it gets. My prayers indeed go out to her and her little ones. If anyone knows of a trust fund to help with their recovery, please post it here or call in to KFOR and have them announce it. I'll be the first to contribute.

I too tend to think in a case like this, an eye for an eye would be appropriate. About an inch deep of gasoline on this sicko's jail cell would be a start. Then let the prisoners in adjacent cells know what he did and with her kids watching. Anyone need a cigarette break?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warr Acres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massive Military Buildup Within America...WHY? 5 hr What the 2
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 7 hr wassssssaaaaaap 339
snapchat me 😚 10 hr lucycastle_xx 1
Review: Midcon Data Services LLC Apr 22 Hono 1
News Two Earthquakes Shake Oklahoma Early Sunday Apr 20 Go Blue Forever 1
City Of Bethany.....Corrupt and Unprofessional ... (May '06) Apr 20 Bethany pigs suck 353
News Mother of injured teen seeks $27M in damages (Nov '08) Apr 20 Redgirl 57
More from around the web

Warr Acres People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]