Review: Sally Ann Pyle, psychiatrist

Review: Sally Ann Pyle, psychiatrist

Posted in the Warner Robins Forum

cookie14314

Hawkinsville, GA

#1 Aug 22, 2009
This doctor talks down to her patients and is often very bitchy when you try to ask her questions about anything. She wanted to take me off medication when i have a very serious history of mental illness in my family. When she said that i left. Went to another doctor and he said that she diagnoses everyone bipolar which is in fact what she diagnosed me. Are there not any decent psychiatrists in this area??!! i mean its really starting to concern me. I have been suffering for a long time without relief from my severe depression and I have had the hardest time finding a genuine, caring doctor who actually cares about the well-being of their patient. It really is super frustrating. I was wondering if any one else has had this much trouble finding a good doc in this area?? this is been like the major hurdle in my getting better and it is so frustrating to pick and choose a dr not knowing if they are any good or not. I have been to ratemd.com and some sites like that but there really werent any doctors listed that were rated and this is the first one where i actually saw good in depth reviews of doctors.... i just wish there was some sort of way to see a good review of people who have been to some doctors around here and there feedback on them. When you have a severe life threatening disease and have been suffering for many years pretty much with no relief and you cant even find a decent doctor who will help that is a travesty in itself.
Catherine

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Aug 27, 2009
Dr. Pyle was my pscychiatrist from 2001 to October, 2002. I found her to be a very caring, compassionate, knowledgeable doctor. She seemed to really care about me. She even gave me her personal pager number so that I could reach her if I needed to without going throught her doctor's office. She diagnosed me with OCD. That diagnosis explained a lot. I did so many wierd things and thought so many strange thoughts, I thought I was crazy. She showed me that many people have this disorder and can get some releif. She put me on Anafranil and that has been a blessing. It has given me so much releif from the anxiety of OCD. I don't know how I ever survived before I met her. I was sad when she moved to Georgia. I have yet to meet another psychiatrist as caring as she is. I did not find her to be bitchy at all and she never talked down to me. She was always willing to answer my questions and made herself available whenever I needed her.
Catherine

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Aug 27, 2009
Dr. Pyle was my pscychiatrist from 2001 to October, 2002. I found her to be a very caring, compassionate, knowledgeable doctor. She seemed to really care about me. She even gave me her personal pager number so that I could reach her if I needed to without going throught her doctor's office. She diagnosed me with OCD. That diagnosis explained a lot. I did so many wierd things and thought so many strange thoughts, I thought I was crazy. She showed me that many people have this disorder and can get some releif. She put me on Anafranil and that has been a blessing. It has given me so much releif from the anxiety of OCD. I don't know how I ever survived before I met her. I was sad when she moved to Georgia. I have yet to meet another psychiatrist as caring as she is. I did not find her to be bitchy at all and she never talked down to me. She was always willing to answer my questions and made herself available whenever I needed her.

You wrote:
cookie14314 wrote:
This doctor talks down to her patients and is often very bitchy when you try to ask her questions about anything. She wanted to take me off medication when i have a very serious history of mental illness in my family. When she said that i left. Went to another doctor and he said that she diagnoses everyone bipolar which is in fact what she diagnosed me. Are there not any decent psychiatrists in this area??!! i mean its really starting to concern me. I have been suffering for a long time without relief from my severe depression and I have had the hardest time finding a genuine, caring doctor who actually cares about the well-being of their patient. It really is super frustrating. I was wondering if any one else has had this much trouble finding a good doc in this area?? this is been like the major hurdle in my getting better and it is so frustrating to pick and choose a dr not knowing if they are any good or not. I have been to ratemd.com and some sites like that but there really werent any doctors listed that were rated and this is the first one where i actually saw good in depth reviews of doctors.... i just wish there was some sort of way to see a good review of people who have been to some doctors around here and there feedback on them. When you have a severe life threatening disease and have been suffering for many years pretty much with no relief and you cant even find a decent doctor who will help that is a travesty in itself.
cookie14314

Hawkinsville, GA

#4 Aug 28, 2009
well i guess some people can have a different experience than what i had but i found her to be very unhelpful in my desperate time of need. It just added to my frustration of my disease and the worry of having to do a bunch of research on dr's who have had a high success rate of helpfulness while highly suffering from my depression and feeling like i couldnt even find a doc who cared. She was nice at the beginning and thought she was going to be helpful to me but then she started talking down to me and not really listening to what I had to say and when she said i didnt need medicine when i was so bad off i really felt like she didnt care and wasnt listening to the facts i was presenting to her about my family history and so on; i couldnt just "talk" out my issues their was something going on internally that wasnt right and talk therapy like she was suggesting was not going to help and that was the last straw; I'm glad she gave you some relief but she was of no help to me whatsoever.
Catlady

Ocilla, GA

#5 Aug 28, 2009
cookie14314 wrote:
well i guess some people can have a different experience than what i had but i found her to be very unhelpful in my desperate time of need. It just added to my frustration of my disease and the worry of having to do a bunch of research on dr's who have had a high success rate of helpfulness while highly suffering from my depression and feeling like i couldnt even find a doc who cared. She was nice at the beginning and thought she was going to be helpful to me but then she started talking down to me and not really listening to what I had to say and when she said i didnt need medicine when i was so bad off i really felt like she didnt care and wasnt listening to the facts i was presenting to her about my family history and so on; i couldnt just "talk" out my issues their was something going on internally that wasnt right and talk therapy like she was suggesting was not going to help and that was the last straw; I'm glad she gave you some relief but she was of no help to me whatsoever.
I went to her for a short while and my best friend did too. She probably was and maybe still be a good pdoc but not to me. I missed two appts and she dropped me...it was because of work but they didn't care what the reason was. I wasn't too happy so I changed insurance and started going to my pdoc in macon, ga
Dr Dwight Bearden....he is great...
cookie14314

Hawkinsville, GA

#6 Aug 31, 2009
really? cuz my friend's mom goes to dr bearden and she says she really likes him too. I made an appt with dr bloodworth in macon bc i heard he was good too; hes with the mercer univ's group of dr's.... have u heard anything about him? i just really need a good dr right now bc i am miserable right now and really think ive hit rock bottom with this disease. is dr bearden with mercer's dr's or anything??
spymama

Warner Robins, GA

#7 Feb 25, 2010
I had an awful experience with Dr Pyle. She was mean, condescending and didn't listen to anything I had to say. She barely let me speak. She kept pushing me to take medicine that I don't need or want. When I told her that I preferred not to take medicine (for depression...I am not depressed!!!) she got very nasty toward me. She kept asking me these questions to try to steer me toward some diagnosis that she'd already decided on before I got there. When I disagreed, she acted like a snotty 14 year old- scowling, crossing her arms and giving me dirty looks. I left my appt early and will never go back. Truly awful experience.
Bitter mother

Cumming, GA

#8 Feb 9, 2012
I had taken my son to see this Sally Pyle who also said my son was Bi Polar for which i found out by a much better psychiatrist in another town that said my son WAS NOT Bi polar he had ADD and that was it so it is true that she diagnoisis all her patients with this disorder not only that she is rude, inconsiderate of others, a pill pusher even though she knows the drugs she prescribes are extreamly sedating she could care less. She was rude to me when i asked her a question and thinks she is god, I was not impressed with her at all and found it amazing that the psychiatrist i finally found out of town said he had heard that from many of his patients. She will be reported to the Ga. Board of Psychiatry for her poor and unprofessional behavior and with a bad attitude like that i can clearly see how that alone can be disturbing to her patients not to mention the parents. She is a real BITCH as others have also said. I would never reccomend her to anyone. I am also a healthcare provider and never have i seen such a miserable person in my life its almost like she hates her job, As i see it she needs psychological help herself, The old saying about Psychiatrist is that most of them go into this field to find out about their own problems if that is the case it is quite clear she is beyond help. I do not advise anyone to see her she is a very bitter woman, all you have to do is meet her for 3 minutes and you will have her pegged in a second. Im superised she is still in practice but with that attitude i do not see her practicing for too much longer because word gets around. I asked many people at the hospital that know who she is and not one person had one positive thing to say about her, so what does that tell you? See anyone but her she has serious mental issues.
Potential Patient

East Longmeadow, MA

#9 Feb 24, 2014
I moved to Georgia in 2011. Was previously diagnosed with anxiety/depression. I Didnt want to be on medication seeing on how nothing worked at that point and just needed coping skills. She pushed Limictial on me for "bipolar disorder" and did not explain ANY risks of the medication, she then asked me if i had any physical issues and i said carpal tunnel, she asked how and i said arthritis probably from typing my whole life, she snobily said, " well i use a computer and i dont have carpal tunnel." a complete asshole. I went home took one dose of the Limictial and broke out in a rash on my left leg..turns out it was Stephens Johnson Syndrome (GOOGLE IT) and i almost needed a month of antibiotics and potentially needed a skin graph to save my leg. This woman should be reported, shes a fraud and doesnt care about people. I never went back and actually moved back home to new england where i found a competent therapist who turned me onto herbal medicine and cured me. Good luck to the rest of you who may be limited to her. Shes a nightmare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warner Robins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheryl White murder in 1975 (Aug '13) Mar 17 Allan Melvin 5
News GBI releases new information in Tara Grinstead ... (Jul '08) Mar 17 JekyllnHyde 93
Wreck on I75 bout 230 today Mar 6 Malinda 1
Who was Kevin Wellons Mar 2 Eric Barrett 4
Who is the public works director of Fort Valley... Feb '17 Sarah 2
Emergency Management Feb '17 Herman J 4
Pic swap (Sep '16) Jan '17 RexHEX 10

Warner Robins Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warner Robins Mortgages