In Crisis

Young Harris, GA

#1 Jul 28, 2013
When someone is in crisis and calls 911 like they say to do, what specifically happens? I've heard horror stories.

I understand they'll take you to the ER, but what happens after that? No doubt they'll check your insurance and then do blood work and other tests to make sure you're physically okay, but do they check you into the hospital until they can arrange transportation to a better facility and if necessary sedate you? Can you leave if you want to or, as I've heard, once you state you're thinking of harming yourself, they own you?
In Crisis

Young Harris, GA

#2 Jul 29, 2013
For the love of God, isn't there someone who can help?
Smile

Fitzgerald, GA

#3 Jul 29, 2013
In Crisis wrote:
For the love of God, isn't there someone who can help?
I wish i knew all the answers you seek. I am sorry but i have never been in your situation. I do feel for you though, and wish i could help you in some way. I too live in Blairsville and would be willing to talk to you if that might help in any way. But if not then maybe you could try to focus your thoughts on a brighter subject than whatever is bringing you down. I mean, I know you cant forget about your problems...... but don't dwell on them. Try to divert your attention on something that does lift your spirits whatever that may be. For me it would be animals. I love animals and they make me happy watching them. Can you find something like that?
Smile

Fitzgerald, GA

#4 Jul 30, 2013
I did a little research and everyone said that the hospital will send you to a place maybe laurel wood in Gainesville ga. or some other place that is new. There they will most likely put you under 3 day observation. After the 3 days you will probably go home. They are money hungry and if you don't have insurance they will most likely get you out as fast as they can. ( I don't know how accurate this is, it is just what i was told from a nurse that i saw this morning.) Also she said that Laurel wood is a pretty good place, not too much like a hospital. I hope i have helped, even if it is just a little bit. If you need me to talk to, i am here. Maybe even closer than you think cause your thing says Blairsville and that is where i live, even though it says Dawsonville. I don't know why it comes up as that. Any way let me know if there is any way i can help you
In crisis

Young Harris, GA

#5 Aug 3, 2013
The hospital said about the same thing. They said they will sedate the person immediately and that they can legally hold him for 72 hours, then take him before a judge and get him committed, involuntary if he refuses. That's saying that once you ask for help, they own you. I'm sure money has a lot to do with it too.
Smile

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Aug 3, 2013
Do you think that maybe your situation/mental state needs some attention.... perhaps even 72 hours worth?? Maybe it will do some good. I know that the unknown is very scary. But, it may not be as bad as you imagine it will be. It may do some good for you. If you have an ongoing problem then perhaps you should seek someone to help. Problems that aren't dealt with, can lead to serious situations. I don't want that to happen to you, and obviously you don't want that either because you are considering asking for help. I believe that you should.
Once again i ask is there anything that makes you happy? That takes your mind off of the pain that you are feeling?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Superior court today (Nov '16) 4 hr Feds 6
Living Word Revival Center 12 hr MMAFIGHTER 3
Grier Ivie (Jul '09) Wed Sandy Candace 26
Kids grave marker Wed Parent 1
Chiva (Mar '17) Wed Helpagirlout 7
Charlotte mayor on trans gender homosexual rest... (Feb '15) Oct 16 Ipso 7
Robertsí loss Oct 16 WhatThe 3

Warne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance