Clay Co Care Center
ConcernedLocal

Columbus, GA

#1 Oct 1, 2013
What's going on at the care center? Is it true they may be closing?
Concerned Too

Blairsville, GA

#2 Oct 4, 2013
ConcernedLocal wrote:
I heard that one of the higher up office employees pushed a resident around in her wheelchair for 2 hours with her feet dragging the ground until you could see the bones in the her feet. The resident has since had a couple amputations to her feet and legs... If i were this persons family i would own that place...I also heard that A team of state inspectors has been there twice in the last month because of the poor treatment of its residents. It looks like they could find some qualified people to run that place.
Whhhaaatttt

Young Harris, GA

#3 Oct 5, 2013
Concerned Too wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that one of the higher up office employees pushed a resident around in her wheelchair for 2 hours with her feet dragging the ground until you could see the bones in the her feet. The resident has since had a couple amputations to her feet and legs... If i were this persons family i would own that place...I also heard that A team of state inspectors has been there twice in the last month because of the poor treatment of its residents. It looks like they could find some qualified people to run that place.
If that's true, that is horrible!

I heard they are not complying with what the inspectors told them must be fixed and will be closing the doors. It's a shame that the citizens of Clay Co have to go to other counties to be taken proper care of them!:(

All the qualified nurses are across the state line!
Concerned Too

Blairsville, GA

#4 Oct 9, 2013
Whhhaaatttt wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's true, that is horrible!
I heard they are not complying with what the inspectors told them must be fixed and will be closing the doors. It's a shame that the citizens of Clay Co have to go to other counties to be taken proper care of them!:(
All the qualified nurses are across the state line!
It's not that the nurses aren't qualified. I think it's more the Admin people and the people in charge trying to take short cuts at the residents expense so they can get their big bonuses at the end of the year. It looks like they would have some compassion for these people that are confined to these places instead of treating them like they are nothing more than an wild animal. Do they not realize that one day it may be their mom, dad, grandmother or grandfather in there being treated this way? It is sickening the way they treat these people.
Concerned

Young Harris, GA

#5 Oct 10, 2013
Concerned Too wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that the nurses aren't qualified. I think it's more the Admin people and the people in charge trying to take short cuts at the residents expense so they can get their big bonuses at the end of the year. It looks like they would have some compassion for these people that are confined to these places instead of treating them like they are nothing more than an wild animal. Do they not realize that one day it may be their mom, dad, grandmother or grandfather in there being treated this way? It is sickening the way they treat these people.
Does anyone know if they are closing?

If they are not treating the residents like they should, the families should be contacting the ombudsman and state about it!

From what I know, the facility is owned by a larger corporation. Unfortunately, the fact is, they are usually all about the profits and not the care.

CCCC used to be a great place 10 or 12 years ago. It's very sad that it has came down to what it is
Concerned Reader

Franklin, NC

#6 Oct 23, 2013
ConcernedLocal wrote:
noknjkn
Concerned Reader

Franklin, NC

#7 Oct 23, 2013
The facility is not closing. No discussion of closing has taken place. The state inspectors will be returning soon to ensure any deficiencies have been corrected. The current issue is the unwillingness for some of the nursing staff to conform and change to the new and correct way of perform the job assigned to them. Great strides have been taken to ensure that all the residents get proper, timely and compassionate care. This type of work requires a special person and if you do not want to put the residents and their families first, this probably is not the place for you to work
Nurse

Young Harris, GA

#8 Oct 24, 2013
Concerned Reader wrote:
The facility is not closing. No discussion of closing has taken place. The state inspectors will be returning soon to ensure any deficiencies have been corrected. The current issue is the unwillingness for some of the nursing staff to conform and change to the new and correct way of perform the job assigned to them. Great strides have been taken to ensure that all the residents get proper, timely and compassionate care. This type of work requires a special person and if you do not want to put the residents and their families first, this probably is not the place for you to work
I wonder if they have any job openings?
Concerned Also

Blairsville, GA

#9 Nov 4, 2013
Concerned reader maybe you should get more up to date information. State came back for three days last week and and founds more things wrong and as of last friday they can no longer accept new residents who have medicare and medicade just private pay. That is STATE ORDER'S. Not good at all with empty beds.It isn't the nurses who are to blame because the problem is who runs the center. Bottom line is that they don't have enough coverage for the residents because the less they pay out more money goes to the Administrator and his staff.
Concerned

Young Harris, GA

#10 Nov 9, 2013
Why are the residents of clay county not doing some sort of lobbying or something to make them straighten that place out? It's such a shame! I'm guessing it all started going bad after Dr H left from there?
Concerned Also

Blairsville, GA

#11 Nov 10, 2013
I think that the Clay county progress should be told all about this and let them start digging into what is going on over there.
Angrla Coffey

Atlanta, GA

#13 Nov 30, 2013
Y'all BETTER be taking care of my grandma. One thing happens to here and it will be bad when I get up there. I dare anyone to mistreat her.
Local

Hayesville, NC

#14 Nov 30, 2013
Oh geez, stop acting like a hick. You BETTER be seeing about your grandma. If there is any doubt why are you not there everyday to over see things instead of threatening and acting like a Real Housewife of Hooterville.
Concerned As Well

Cashiers, NC

#15 Nov 30, 2013
Thankfully I don't have anyone in CCCC, but if they are owned by the same people that own/owned Valley View Care Center in Andrews, NC and you have a loved one that is in their care, you should be there everyday and go at different times during the day. They cut costs everywhere they can so that the administrator can get a big bonus at the end of the year. I had two family members in Valley View a few years ago and know this for fact. I don't know how they sleep at night. It is nothing short of elder abuse. It does little good for the inspectors to come to the nursing homes because all the nursing homes warn each other when they are on their way.
Concerned

Smiths Station, AL

#16 Dec 3, 2013
Have things improved any? If you have loved ones there and you have any concerns, call the state and report it! That's the way to get things changed! Too bad the company that owns the one across the state line doesn't own this one also. Maybe families should start calling them and encouraging them to buy it! Those patients at CCCC deserve better than they have been getting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cepeda Brunson 4 hr anonymous 7
News N.C. Hit With Lawsuit Over Anti-LGBT Law 17 hr WasteWater 5
News North Carolina passes bill blocking LGBT protec... 19 hr Southern girl 6
Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that ... (Jul '09) 22 hr charmer 305
Where the boy at in Charlotte ? (Dec '15) Sat The depot 36
Governer McGoofy Sat Dick Tracy 1
Thompson Orphanage (Jan '11) Jul 19 Trish 19

Warne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance