Did you vote today?

Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Redd

Little Rock, AR

#12151 Jun 21, 2012
Guest 7883 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really believe that you could redistribute the wealth of this country, divide it evenly amongst all three hundred million plus and within ten years we would be just about where we are now. I make half again more than my neighbor but he doesn't eat out, go on vacation, have all the cable channels I have to have and at the end of the month, he usually has more to show for his labor than I do. I do better than some in my money management but some of us are just destined to fail in making good money decisions.
You or you neighbor have little to do with the central issue of this subject.
Guest 7883

Little Rock, AR

#12152 Jun 21, 2012
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
You or you neighbor have little to do with the central issue of this subject.
That is what I like, someone that is open to discussion. It really doesn't matter what you think on this one, my situation holds true in the real world, those that have, generally did the right things to acquire wealth, most of the rest of us are more interested in instant gratification. You ever notice that none of us are complaining about the sports stars or entertainment people acquiring wealth, we just get upset about investors, managers and the others that work traditional ways to make money.
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#12153 Jun 21, 2012
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
You or you neighbor have little to do with the central issue of this subject.
You tell em Redd, only you and Barney know what's best for him and his neighbor.
liberalsRlunatic s

United States

#12154 Jun 21, 2012

This rather brilliantly cuts thru all the political doublespeak we get.
It puts it into a much better perspective.

Lesson # 1:

* U.S. Tax revenue:$2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget:$3,820,000,000,000
* New debt:$ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt:$14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts:$ 38,500,000,000

Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:

* Annual family income:$21,700
* Money the family spent:$38,200
* New debt on the credit card:$16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card:$142,710
* Total budget cuts so far:$38.50

Got It ?????

OK now Lesson # 2: Here's another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:

Let's say, You come home from work and find there has been a sewer
backup in your neighborhood....and your home has sewage all the way up
to your ceilings.

What do you think you should do ......

Raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap?
Guest 7883

Little Rock, AR

#12155 Jun 21, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell em Redd, only you and Barney know what's best for him and his neighbor.
You don't understand, this is not a discussion group, we meet here to see who can come up with the most links and cutz'n'paste, but further comment is frowned upon unless it is in agreement with Redd / Barney. It is a good plan and it seems to be working.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#12156 Jun 21, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell em Redd, only you and Barney know what's best for him and his neighbor.
Been hittin' the Bud lite today?
trytobefair

Carlisle, AR

#12157 Jun 21, 2012
Now that's a beautiful analogy. I'm going to use that one later on, lol! Only problem is, liberals would stray from the point and say something like "well thats impossible, the sewage wouldn't fill your house up, it would leak!"
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#12158 Jun 21, 2012
liberalsRlunatics wrote:
This rather brilliantly cuts thru all the political doublespeak we get.
It puts it into a much better perspective.
Lesson # 1:
* U.S. Tax revenue:$2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget:$3,820,000,000,000
* New debt:$ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt:$14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts:$ 38,500,000,000
Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:
* Annual family income:$21,700
* Money the family spent:$38,200
* New debt on the credit card:$16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card:$142,710
* Total budget cuts so far:$38.50
Got It ?????
OK now Lesson # 2: Here's another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:
Let's say, You come home from work and find there has been a sewer
backup in your neighborhood....and your home has sewage all the way up
to your ceilings.
What do you think you should do ......
Raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap?
I think I would just move and let the landlord and/or bank worry about it.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#12159 Jun 21, 2012
liberalsRlunatics wrote:
This rather brilliantly cuts thru all the political doublespeak we get.
It puts it into a much better perspective.
Lesson # 1:
* U.S. Tax revenue:$2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget:$3,820,000,000,000
* New debt:$ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt:$14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts:$ 38,500,000,000
Raise revenues, cut spending.
liberalsRlunatics wrote:
Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:
* Annual family income:$21,700
* Money the family spent:$38,200
* New debt on the credit card:$16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card:$142,710
* Total budget cuts so far:$38.50
Got It ?????
Get a second job
liberalsRlunatics wrote:
OK now Lesson # 2: Here's another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:
Let's say, You come home from work and find there has been a sewer
backup in your neighborhood....and your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings.
What do you think you should do ......
Raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap?
Call your insurance agent.
Ben Gay

Mountain Home, AR

#12160 Jun 21, 2012
Guest 7883 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand, this is not a discussion group, we meet here to see who can come up with the most links and cutz'n'paste, but further comment is frowned upon unless it is in agreement with Redd / Barney. It is a good plan and it seems to be working.
Republicans and facts, not such good friends I see.
Gas Man

Mountain Home, AR

#12161 Jun 21, 2012
trytobefair wrote:
Now that's a beautiful analogy. I'm going to use that one later on, lol! Only problem is, liberals would stray from the point and say something like "well thats impossible, the sewage wouldn't fill your house up, it would leak!"
Looks like to me a Republican just said that.
Guest 7883

Little Rock, AR

#12162 Jun 21, 2012
Ben Gay wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans and facts, not such good friends I see.
Just because we Republicans like facts doesn't mean we can't be friends, I mean if I can put up with Craig, I can be friends with anyone.
Gas Man

Mountain Home, AR

#12163 Jun 21, 2012
trytobefair wrote:
Now that's a beautiful analogy. I'm going to use that one later on, lol! Only problem is, liberals would stray from the point and say something like "well thats impossible, the sewage wouldn't fill your house up, it would leak!"
Only a Republican could think human waste is beautiful. Gives me a lot of insight as to why W was in the white house for 8 years
Gas Man

Mountain Home, AR

#12164 Jun 21, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I would just move and let the landlord and/or bank worry about it.
Another George Bush school of thought, graduate.
Guest 4996

Little Rock, AR

#12165 Jun 21, 2012
Gas Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a Republican could think human waste is beautiful. Gives me a lot of insight as to why W was in the white house for 8 years
With the name "Gas Man", you don't think waste is beautiful?
Gas Man

Mountain Home, AR

#12166 Jun 21, 2012
Guest 4996 wrote:
<quoted text>
With the name "Gas Man", you don't think waste is beautiful?
After geting into it up to our necks from 8 years of bush, I don't.

My truck carrys petrolum products so no i dont.
trytobefair

Carlisle, AR

#12167 Jun 21, 2012
Gas Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a Republican could think human waste is beautiful. Gives me a lot of insight as to why W was in the white house for 8 years
My point exactly. I knew sooner or later a liberal would come along and take the analogy and make it literal. I'm an independent. Its not always either or. There are people out there that are not Republcans or Democrats. Btw, how well is Obama doing again? Lets see, hmmm, higher debt than all who has preceded him combined, has a law that he's hinged his presidency on thats currently being debated in the supreme court whether or not its even costitutional, and oh yes the latest, cherry picking parts of the immigration law he wants to enforce. Wow, what an awesome job, why don't we just make him a king instead of a president.
Guest 4996

Little Rock, AR

#12168 Jun 21, 2012
Gas Man wrote:
<quoted text>
After geting into it up to our necks from 8 years of bush, I don't.
My truck carrys petrolum products so no i dont.
Thought it referred to your perpetual flatulence problem, I could stand Bush, but I need to leave the room when you add to the atmosphere.
Guest 4996

Little Rock, AR

#12169 Jun 21, 2012
trytobefair wrote:
<quoted text>
My point exactly. I knew sooner or later a liberal would come along and take the analogy and make it literal. I'm an independent. Its not always either or. There are people out there that are not Republcans or Democrats. Btw, how well is Obama doing again? Lets see, hmmm, higher debt than all who has preceded him combined, has a law that he's hinged his presidency on thats currently being debated in the supreme court whether or not its even costitutional, and oh yes the latest, cherry picking parts of the immigration law he wants to enforce. Wow, what an awesome job, why don't we just make him a king instead of a president.
You can't blame that on Obama, remember Reagan was in office for eight years and McKinley and Hays. Obama took over a pretty rotten country, if he had known it was this bad he probably wouldn't have ran, remember what Hoover and CoolIdge did also. You can't make this country a Greece, Spain or France overnight.
Reality Check

United States

#12170 Jun 21, 2012
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Raise revenues, cut spending.
<quoted text>
Get a second job
<quoted text>
Call your insurance agent.
It has been well documented that even if you took all the wealth from the "1%" that it wouldn't even come close to solving the debt problem. The decline in wealth and income in the middle class pretty much makes them untouchable as far as raising taxes on them goes. Where are you going to get the revenue more specifically enough revenue to make a difference? The Democrats won't touch entitlements and if anyone else suggest entitlement reform they are demonized to the hilt. At this point and time we can't really touch millitary spending enough to make a real difference. So where are you going to make the cuts? Try to answer this from a liberal perspective and not go on a rant of how the Republicans just want to give the rich tax breaks or whatever other talking points liberals use. Try to give the liberal SOLUTION if there is one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chase Cissell (Jan '15) 6 hr Info 8
Black River or current river. Boat question. 11 hr Abe funk 3
Lucy brown 21 hr User 15
Dennis Howsrd Sun Tanny 1
Christy terry Sun NovaNeumisAdrianS... 3
flood basically ends Pocahontas as a town (Apr '11) Sat Guest 160
Poll should I let my 14 year old daughter shave her ... (Jun '10) Fri mary 58

Warm Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warm Springs Mortgages