Did you vote today?

Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Sam

Bentonville, AR

#22657 Feb 23, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what does not work for the boy.
Bozeman spokesman Patrick Creamer said the congressman’s request for the funding was penciled in for $3 million when the bill was in committee.
“It was very unexpected on our end,” Creamer said.“It’s rare that you get full funding.”
Young, chairman of the committee, inserted new allocations for hundreds of projects around the nation the day before the House passed the $284 billion bill March 10. The Bentonville project was among the late additions.
Ask for three million, and get 37 million US TAX dollars, a by-pass debate, slipped in at the last minuet.
Now I admit that happen a few years ago, but last year Walmart after taxes made 15 billion dollars, they paid their CEO seven million dollars.
This Republican Congressman gave them 37 million of your tax dollars.
How are you going to defend that?
BTW- that is a reply with no condescending comments, can you reciprocate?
Very small percentage of the revenue produced for the government, of course you have a problem with the government providing any infrastructure for the ones that are producing, most nonproductive people do. If Mr Walton had had your business insight, he would have died delivering milk, door to door. You should be in downtown Bentonville, it will take at least that much road work to handle the vendor traffic. I believe this is a good investment for the government, as far as return on investment.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#22663 Feb 23, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Very small percentage of the revenue produced for the government, of course you have a problem with the government providing any infrastructure for the ones that are producing, most nonproductive people do. If Mr Walton had had your business insight, he would have died delivering milk, door to door. You should be in downtown Bentonville, it will take at least that much road work to handle the vendor traffic. I believe this is a good investment for the government, as far as return on investment.
Good investment for Bozeman, got him a museum didn't it?
Hmmm

United States

#22665 Feb 23, 2013
Way wiser than DKN wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody yanked on you chain. Sounds to me you been smoking to much dope, that would explain how stupid your post is. The dope is killing your brain cells.
You had to delve deep to come up with that one, didn't you?

LMAO!!!
Hmmm

United States

#22666 Feb 23, 2013
Way wiser than DKN wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a problem with people making money buying stock. It is because obama thinks it's wrong to make money. You know those evil rich people your old pal obama is always degrading. Old barney their is nothing wrong with making money. Capitalism does work. And rich people, the majority are charitable good people. And without those people we would be a third world country. Without those rich business people we would have even more people out of work. You president wants to take from the rich give to the poor. He can not have it both ways. Our economy is getting worst. Open up your eyes and look. It ain't as rosey as you make it out to be. Obama is a socialist who is dividing our country instead of uniteing us. He lies and you old barney are dumb enough to believe him. His policies is wreaking us.
uniteing rosey worst wreaking

LMAO!!!!
Hmmm

United States

#22667 Feb 23, 2013
Way wiser than DKN wrote:
<quoted text>He has to copy and paste one was to me and somebody else. Because poor old barney can't remember or think what he wrote the first time around. Somebody like barney is suppose to be so smart, you know it takes intelligence to think something old barney is losing. Warrior have you forgotten he's in an obama induced haze, he's lost a few brain cells.
copy and paste?
Hmmm

United States

#22668 Feb 23, 2013
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#22669 Feb 23, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, just like someone making 11.75 hr and trying to raise a family will proudly get rich on that Walmart stock they buy with that extra money.
I wonder why Walmart is so charitable in New Mexico why it had to relied on their bought and paid for Congressman Bozeman to build a major road to their front door at WM head quarters.
The Associated Press
BENTONVILLE, Ark.— The U.S. House has approved a federal highway bill that includes $37 million for widening and extending the Bentonville street that provides the main access to the headquarters of Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
If that employee would just buy 5% of their pay in Wal Mart stock Wall Mart will match that 15% thats a instant 15% return on their saings. and wal Mart considers the 15% incom so th taxes are witheld at that purchase time. Even if the stock stayed stagnant there would be a 15% return. Then when sold the only tax to be paid would be on the gain if the stock price rose. Thats not too shabby. I know people who purchased just a small percentage way back 40 years ago who became millionares. and there arent broker fees to pay. No other company that Im aware of has enabled their employees to prosper in such a manner. Anyone can save 10% of their income. If someone savs 10% and uses that 10% to buy bargain investments they will prosper. There is a cause & effect natural Karma that makes positive actions like saving attract other positive actions. Having money isnt evil. Resenting Taxes and the goverment rewarding sloth & parasitizm isnt being greedy.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22670 Feb 24, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> If that employee would just buy 5% of their pay in Wal Mart stock Wall Mart will match that 15% thats a instant 15% return on their saings. and wal Mart considers the 15% incom so th taxes are witheld at that purchase time. Even if the stock stayed stagnant there would be a 15% return. Then when sold the only tax to be paid would be on the gain if the stock price rose. Thats not too shabby. I know people who purchased just a small percentage way back 40 years ago who became millionares. and there arent broker fees to pay. No other company that Im aware of has enabled their employees to prosper in such a manner. Anyone can save 10% of their income. If someone savs 10% and uses that 10% to buy bargain investments they will prosper. There is a cause & effect natural Karma that makes positive actions like saving attract other positive actions. Having money isnt evil. Resenting Taxes and the goverment rewarding sloth & parasitizm isnt being greedy.
You speak words of wisdom. Life is what you make it, it's not so much what you have in this life, it is what you do with what you have. And like you said some Wal Mart workers ended up millionaires after starting at the bottom and working their way up. This country rewards hard work. Wal Mart is one of the best things to ever happen to this great Nation of ours.
Sam

Bentonville, AR

#22671 Feb 24, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, just like someone making 11.75 hr and trying to raise a family will proudly get rich on that Walmart stock they buy with that extra money.
I wonder why Walmart is so charitable in New Mexico why it had to relied on their bought and paid for Congressman Bozeman to build a major road to their front door at WM head quarters.
The Associated Press
BENTONVILLE, Ark.— The U.S. House has approved a federal highway bill that includes $37 million for widening and extending the Bentonville street that provides the main access to the headquarters of Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Both of my kids started off working at Walmart, one now works in the vendor community making about 125K, the other used it as a starting point, continued his education and if doing equally well. The entry level jobs at Walmart are exactly that, entry level. If you are good, you get promoted or move on. If you not, you spend your life greeting people and stocking shelves, you weren't going to do any better any place else. You have a group of people that are going to excel any place they go, you have a group that are destined to stock shelves, the majority of us fall some where between. Looking back at your posts, it seems that you were destined to be the one to clean out deep fryers, if you don't want to do that, get a job sweeping up at health food store. I guarantee you that those of you that choose to lay around feeling sorry for themselves are never going to conquer the world.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#22672 Feb 24, 2013
To be fair a lot of what wal mart sells is cheap imported crap. I owned a old aluminum housing sears craftsman electric sander. It finally wore out. So I got a plastic black & decker from Wal Mart. About two hours of using it (not continious) it burnt up the electric motor was stinking. Took it back Wal mart exchanged it no Problem. After the fourth one I gave up. So I went looking for a heavy duty made in the usa quality sander. Home Depo- Lowes- thetool box ect everywhere I looked that all had the same cheap imported crappy tools. never found a USA built Heavy duty sander like I desires. Then my wife found a craftsman exactly like my old one ata yard sale. It didnt work. But I took the two apart and used the best parts and now have a serviceable unit.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#22673 Feb 24, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You speak words of wisdom. Life is what you make it, it's not so much what you have in this life, it is what you do with what you have. And like you said some Wal Mart workers ended up millionaires after starting at the bottom and working their way up. This country rewards hard work. Wal Mart is one of the best things to ever happen to this great Nation of ours.
Its been said that you culd divide everything up evenly and the wealth would very quickly wind up in the hands of the few a the top. Many who struggle and never achive or become creative are trapped & doomed by their very own negative core concept way of thinking. Barney mentioned that the $20,000 a wal mart worker was below the poverty line. He purposely put a negative spin on gainful employment? He tried to cheapen & discourage a positive thing? Here in Arkansas that $20,000 is more than the average hosehold income. In arkansas If they really wanted a couple could save 10% of a $20,000 income and still live comfortable on one wage earners salary. Look around there is always someone who is doing more with less than you are.Many folks wrongly think being wealthy or rich is measured in dollars or how much stuff you have. I think being wealthy is measured in who or what owns your time. If you really enjoy what you do you never really work a day in your life. As long as yu have Know How are self reliant and have enough to eat a comfortable place to sleep people who you love &they love you everything else is just extra like icing on a cake. The dollars of stuff Ive accumulated is just a way of keeping score. To me its just a game with high stakes. I bought $10,000 worth of Barbado black belly meat sheep. Some have died. some their lambs died. I might lose money. But I am enjoying the new enterprise. I dont want or need everything to go my way all the time. adversity is when you grow & learn. I like to look back and remember how we overcame the very worst of circumstances.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22674 Feb 24, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
To be fair a lot of what wal mart sells is cheap imported crap. I owned a old aluminum housing sears craftsman electric sander. It finally wore out. So I got a plastic black & decker from Wal Mart. About two hours of using it (not continious) it burnt up the electric motor was stinking. Took it back Wal mart exchanged it no Problem. After the fourth one I gave up. So I went looking for a heavy duty made in the usa quality sander. Home Depo- Lowes- thetool box ect everywhere I looked that all had the same cheap imported crappy tools. never found a USA built Heavy duty sander like I desires. Then my wife found a craftsman exactly like my old one ata yard sale. It didnt work. But I took the two apart and used the best parts and now have a serviceable unit.
You get what you pay for. I don't skimp on tools.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22675 Feb 24, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Its been said that you culd divide everything up evenly and the wealth would very quickly wind up in the hands of the few a the top. Many who struggle and never achive or become creative are trapped & doomed by their very own negative core concept way of thinking. Barney mentioned that the $20,000 a wal mart worker was below the poverty line. He purposely put a negative spin on gainful employment? He tried to cheapen & discourage a positive thing? Here in Arkansas that $20,000 is more than the average hosehold income. In arkansas If they really wanted a couple could save 10% of a $20,000 income and still live comfortable on one wage earners salary. Look around there is always someone who is doing more with less than you are.Many folks wrongly think being wealthy or rich is measured in dollars or how much stuff you have. I think being wealthy is measured in who or what owns your time. If you really enjoy what you do you never really work a day in your life. As long as yu have Know How are self reliant and have enough to eat a comfortable place to sleep people who you love &they love you everything else is just extra like icing on a cake. The dollars of stuff Ive accumulated is just a way of keeping score. To me its just a game with high stakes. I bought $10,000 worth of Barbado black belly meat sheep. Some have died. some their lambs died. I might lose money. But I am enjoying the new enterprise. I dont want or need everything to go my way all the time. adversity is when you grow & learn. I like to look back and remember how we overcame the very worst of circumstances.
Good post. I have worked since I was 10 years old. Everything I have ever done was from the bottom and I worked my way up the ladder. I was always early, stayed late when the need arose and worked hard. we have Police Officers and Fire Fighters in this state that work for $20,000 and there about a year. If you aspire to achieve you can. Life lessons are a good reminder of where you have been and where you want to go. Some people are just takers.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#22676 Feb 24, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> If that employee would just buy 5% of their pay in Wal Mart stock Wall Mart will match that 15% thats a instant 15% return on their saings. and wal Mart considers the 15% incom so th taxes are witheld at that purchase time. Even if the stock stayed stagnant there would be a 15% return. Then when sold the only tax to be paid would be on the gain if the stock price rose. Thats not too shabby. I know people who purchased just a small percentage way back 40 years ago who became millionares. and there arent broker fees to pay. No other company that Im aware of has enabled their employees to prosper in such a manner. Anyone can save 10% of their income. If someone savs 10% and uses that 10% to buy bargain investments they will prosper. There is a cause & effect natural Karma that makes positive actions like saving attract other positive actions. Having money isnt evil. Resenting Taxes and the goverment rewarding sloth & parasitizm isnt being greedy.
If a frog had wings he would not bump his ass every time he jumped either.

THE POINT IS.
How is someone whose wages are below the poverty line going to have the money to buy stock.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#22677 Feb 24, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Its been said that you culd divide everything up evenly and the wealth would very quickly wind up in the hands of the few a the top. Many who struggle and never achive or become creative are trapped & doomed by their very own negative core concept way of thinking. Barney mentioned that the $20,000 a wal mart worker was below the poverty line. He purposely put a negative spin on gainful employment? He tried to cheapen & discourage a positive thing? Here in Arkansas that $20,000 is more than the average hosehold income. In arkansas If they really wanted a couple could save 10% of a $20,000 income and still live comfortable on one wage earners salary. Look around there is always someone who is doing more with less than you are.Many folks wrongly think being wealthy or rich is measured in dollars or how much stuff you have. I think being wealthy is measured in who or what owns your time. If you really enjoy what you do you never really work a day in your life. As long as yu have Know How are self reliant and have enough to eat a comfortable place to sleep people who you love &they love you everything else is just extra like icing on a cake. The dollars of stuff Ive accumulated is just a way of keeping score. To me its just a game with high stakes. I bought $10,000 worth of Barbado black belly meat sheep. Some have died. some their lambs died. I might lose money. But I am enjoying the new enterprise. I dont want or need everything to go my way all the time. adversity is when you grow & learn. I like to look back and remember how we overcame the very worst of circumstances.
Median Annual Household Income, 2009-2011

View 50-State Comparison

AR
$$39,806

US
$$50,4431

http://www.statehealthfacts.org/profileind.js...



$39,806

$50,4431

(show/hide notes)
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22678 Feb 24, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
If a frog had wings he would not bump his ass every time he jumped either.
THE POINT IS.
How is someone whose wages are below the poverty line going to have the money to buy stock.
Barney tell us what a Wal Mart stocker should make an hour? Tell us what a hamburger flipper should make an hour?
what

Dallas, TX

#22679 Feb 24, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
If a frog had wings he would not bump his ass every time he jumped either.
THE POINT IS.
How is someone whose wages are below the poverty line going to have the money to buy stock.
Wow. That may have been the most ignorant statement posted on here yet.

To quote the movie " The Hangover"
"You are literaly too stupid to insult."
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22680 Feb 24, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Median Annual Household Income, 2009-2011
View 50-State Comparison
AR
$$39,806
US
$$50,4431
http://www.statehealthfacts.org/profileind.js...
$39,806
$50,4431
(show/hide notes)
DO you know how they get a "MEDIAN?"

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#22681 Feb 24, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Both of my kids started off working at Walmart, one now works in the vendor community making about 125K, the other used it as a starting point, continued his education and if doing equally well. The entry level jobs at Walmart are exactly that, entry level. If you are good, you get promoted or move on. If you not, you spend your life greeting people and stocking shelves, you weren't going to do any better any place else. You have a group of people that are going to excel any place they go, you have a group that are destined to stock shelves, the majority of us fall some where between. Looking back at your posts, it seems that you were destined to be the one to clean out deep fryers, if you don't want to do that, get a job sweeping up at health food store. I guarantee you that those of you that choose to lay around feeling sorry for themselves are never going to conquer the world.
Tell me, WTF, has any thing you just posted have to do with what I was talking about?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22682 Feb 24, 2013
You ever notice that the poverty line in America consists of owning COMPUTERS, play stations, big screen tv's with cable, fancy cell phones, nice vehicles, smokes and drinks, jewelry and high dollar tennis shoes? Americas poor would be considerd rich in most countries. Like I said earlier, it's not what you have it's what you do with what you have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DHS office in Pocahontas AR. (Aug '10) 9 hr AskingForAFriend 36
Q: How do you know if your girlfriend is getti... 11 hr Lol 2
Disgusting 11 hr Guest 6
Blue eyed state trooper 12 hr Silly not stupid 1
Nicest female ass in Poky (Jun '09) 18 hr Guest 12
House fire Mon McGruff 2
House fire Mon Concerned 1

Warm Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Warm Springs Mortgages