Where are the Families of these TODAY?

Where are the Families of these TODAY?

Posted in the War Forum

Rev Jim

Chagrin Falls, OH

#1 Feb 23, 2012
Robert Boyle, Berlin Prater, Homer and Ruth Crigger, David Farmer, Mrs Rogers post master at Yukon, Juanita Freeman, Glen Cochran, Brenda Damron, Dottie and Billy Hensdill, Helen Harmon, Sandra Mullins, Franklin Powers, Jessie Silcocks, Frank or Russell Collins, Any of the Woodards the dad pastored War Pentecostal Holiness, James Ledford, Donnie Lawson, Arthur and Roberta Kennedy, Bobby Morrison, Roy Damron or Mae Damron, Melvin Payne, Mr. Mick, Eugene Collis, Roger Sargent, Jimmy Mullins, Loddie Church, Rev Jack Griffith, Lacy Griffith who married Jean Gross. Where is any of the Damron's of # 2 Yukon..Where did the Crigger Family all settle? What are the names of some of the others of # 2 Yukon, Yukon and War?
Rev Jim

Chagrin Falls, OH

#2 Feb 23, 2012
Robert Boyle was the Manager of the 2 theaters at War when they closed. Glen Cochran is State Farm Ageny in Christiansburg, Va. Roger Sargent was the son of the Rev Joe Sargent. Most of the Jim Crigger family of # 2 Yukon move to Cleveland, Ohio area or remains in McDowell County. Families seem to scatter all across American and some remain in the home area.
jrc

Fincastle, VA

#3 Feb 23, 2012
COOPERS!!!
Come on Jim. Wheres the love??
The Coopers lived at the very end of Yukon 2. Cross the bridge and take a right to the end.
The Coopers had 10 children when they lived in Yukon. 5 children and 2 grandchildren and a few great grandchildren still live there.
By the way Glen Cochran is my insurance agent as I live 5 minutes from Christiansburg aint it a small world!!
Polecat

Lorton, VA

#4 Feb 23, 2012
Yes, the Coopers need more love!
Rev Jim

Chagrin Falls, OH

#5 Feb 25, 2012
jrc wrote:
COOPERS!!!
Come on Jim. Wheres the love??
The Coopers lived at the very end of Yukon 2. Cross the bridge and take a right to the end.
The Coopers had 10 children when they lived in Yukon. 5 children and 2 grandchildren and a few great grandchildren still live there.
By the way Glen Cochran is my insurance agent as I live 5 minutes from Christiansburg aint it a small world!!
Glenn is my 1st cousin we talk a lot. He was born at War. His mother (my Aunt) Melda and his Dad (Uncle Paul) and his sibblings. They lived up past the RR Depot just as you cross the tracks there was the home. His Dad sold insurance. I have some fine memories of Uncle Paul and Aunt Melda (Bailey) mom's sister.
Rev Jim

United States

#6 Mar 17, 2012
jrc wrote:
COOPERS!!!
Come on Jim. Wheres the love??
The Coopers lived at the very end of Yukon 2. Cross the bridge and take a right to the end.
The Coopers had 10 children when they lived in Yukon. 5 children and 2 grandchildren and a few great grandchildren still live there.
By the way Glen Cochran is my insurance agent as I live 5 minutes from Christiansburg aint it a small world!!
You need to tell Glenn that you message his cousin in Ohio Rev Jim and Juanita, we talk to Cousin Glenn Cochran often and his girlfriend.
jrc

Fincastle, VA

#7 Mar 18, 2012
Rev Jim wrote:
<quoted text>You need to tell Glenn that you message his cousin in Ohio Rev Jim and Juanita, we talk to Cousin Glenn Cochran often and his girlfriend.
will do.
truth

United States

#8 Mar 21, 2012
Some of Jim Crigger's family lives in Yukon#2, English, War, Princeton, Tennessee, and Ohio. God Bless The CRIGGER Family!
Rev Jim

Bloomingdale, OH

#9 Jun 27, 2012
Mr Roy Damron found # 2 Yukon in 1946 (after he rebuilt the War Theater that had burn) when he went to build the Pentecostal Church and the parsonage next door. Mr Damron bought a slat dump that was at the Bridge and had it leveled. There he build a large Brick home and a duplex being His Groc store and an attached apartment. He built a good size wood home with brick siding nailed on it and there he lived with his 5th woman Mae. He died in this location in 1964 leave a large inherits. Mae sold out completely as well as many other holding and spent time in California with a son finally to Florida where she died in 1995.
Rev Jim

Hudson, OH

#10 Apr 3, 2013
Still looking for names of folks around Yukon. When I lived there on and off. There was Mildred Oaks and she taught at Big Creek. The Hess, Proffits, Church, Furgess, McCoy, Logan, Berlin Smith, Shorts, Woodrow Smith, Adams, Goads, Robinette, Warner, Collis, Addair, Cooper, Owens, Griffith, Damron.
cecil

Ada, OH

#11 Jun 25, 2013
is ethel (tiny) love still around war ?
Jim

Ashtabula, OH

#12 Jun 26, 2013
cecil wrote:
is ethel (tiny) love still around war ?
Is Georgia (Love) still around War I think her 1st marriage was to a Prator. Is she kin to Tiny Love or is that Tiny married name?
Yukon family

Tazewell, VA

#13 Jul 17, 2013
I'm in the Hass family that lived beside the Oak's across the bridge. The Criggers live across from the new church across the bridge. Darrell Dameron lives in Mr Dameron's house at the end of the bottom. The Church's moved around Richmond,VA. Melvin Perdue lives beside the church in the bottom. Wayne Crigger lives a couple of houses down from Melvin. Rocky Oaks died about 3yrs ago. Maw Maw Hass still lives across the bridge, she is 93 now. Danny wingo lives beside Wayne Crigger in the bottom. Tommy Wing lives two doors up from his mom's old house. It burned down about 2yrs ago. She live with Tommy I think. She was the postmaster at yukon #1 post office.
Yukon family

Tazewell, VA

#14 Jul 17, 2013
I know where most of the others live also. But too many to list. If you have spacific names.
Beano

Martinsville, VA

#15 Oct 30, 2013
I remember some of the families you mentioned. Berlin Smith I married his daughter Donice smith. She lives in Florida now with Jim. I belive Freddie Hass lives in Florida with Patsy Smith. No idea where Roger Hass went to. I remember Rodney Proffit, Rocky Oates, Jeff Coolins, Mike Marshal, I used to hang out with all those guys on Friday and Sat. nights. Great times then.
Guess What

Hudson, OH

#16 Oct 30, 2013
My family lived in Buckanan (between Yukon #1 & 2). My dad was Vaughn Perry. We had neighbors who were the Chandlers, Hicks, Crabtree, Broyles to name a few. I remember, as a small boy, housing a few folks when they were flooded from their homes in Yukon #2. I used to collect scrap iron and sell it in Yukon #2 for a penny a lb. We would buy a car top for a $1.00, with the money, in War and float down the river home. We moved to Tampa in 1958 or 1959 because the mine where my dad worked (Caretta) was working out. My dad died at 94 years of age. Had a great life in my home state of WV. Went back recently for a quick visit but no one I once knew was still there. Oh, I remember the carnival that would set up in the "bottom" each summer.
Guess What

Hudson, OH

#17 Oct 30, 2013
The Muncy family lived in back of us. Their kids were Hobart, Hoye, Isnez, and damus. Almost forgot them.
Jim

Ashtabula, OH

#18 Nov 1, 2013
Guess What wrote:
My family lived in Buckanan (between Yukon #1 & 2). My dad was Vaughn Perry. We had neighbors who were the Chandlers, Hicks, Crabtree, Broyles to name a few. I remember, as a small boy, housing a few folks when they were flooded from their homes in Yukon #2. I used to collect scrap iron and sell it in Yukon #2 for a penny a lb. We would buy a car top for a $1.00, with the money, in War and float down the river home. We moved to Tampa in 1958 or 1959 because the mine where my dad worked (Caretta) was working out. My dad died at 94 years of age. Had a great life in my home state of WV. Went back recently for a quick visit but no one I once knew was still there. Oh, I remember the carnival that would set up in the "bottom" each summer.
My mothers 2nd husband was Roy Damron and most likely sold the scrap iron to him. He operated a Grocery and had tons of rental places. He died in 1964 before Mother and Mom died in 1995 at her Florida home. The Brick home was painted White last time I was in # 2 Yukon that my Mother lived in. I married a Recording Star and enjoyed some travels.
Guess What

Hudson, OH

#19 Nov 1, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>My mothers 2nd husband was Roy Damron and most likely sold the scrap iron to him. He operated a Grocery and had tons of rental places. He died in 1964 before Mother and Mom died in 1995 at her Florida home. The Brick home was painted White last time I was in # 2 Yukon that my Mother lived in. I married a Recording Star and enjoyed some travels.
I was just a small boy at the time, but I seem to remember the place was on the right side of the road right after a bridge. Also, one of my friends was an Indian boy that lived in #2. Don't remember his name. We would find Indian arrowheads at the "bottom", look at them then throw them to the ground. I went back to my burned down home site, about a month ago. I took my metal detector hoping to find some old coins where the carnival set up each summer. There were weeds and bushes 6 feet high and looked like coal slag covering the whole area. I was really disappointed. Loved living there. We had it made. I was going into the 9th grade when we moved to FL. My Dad almost lived to his 95th birthday, considering he was a coal miner that was a miracle.
Guess What

Hudson, OH

#20 Nov 1, 2013
Also, I have started a collection of coal scrip. My dad worked at Caretta mine, so would prefer coins from there, but would consider others as well. So, if anyone's has some they might sell contact me at [email protected] Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

War Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 20 min Judgment Day Watc... 33,030
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 4 hr Weepy 35,903
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 4 hr _FLATLINE-------- 5,667
Word assocation (Sep '07) Thu luci 17,419
Jobs in Williston North Dakota Thu Earl 1
Welch Thu Porch Honkey the ... 5
Excelsior Thu Georgia Boy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

War Mortgages