War Resident

War, WV

#1 Jun 19, 2013
Has anyone elses water bill been going up the last few months? My water bill went up in December down in January, and has been climbing a few dollars every month until it went up almost $40 this month. I don't have a leak and my wife and I work 5 days a week so we are not home most of the time.
yes

War, WV

#2 Jun 19, 2013
our bill has done the same thing the water dept said they got a small increase but it was how much i used and thats why its high i have lived in the same place for 5 years and it has never been this high we use and do the same about every mont i think we are funding a big raise for paul and some others too
Check it

War, WV

#3 Jun 20, 2013
Go to city hall and complain . I'm sure you are wrong on the raise part though . In fact I am positive !
Truth

Bronx, NY

#4 Jun 20, 2013
I know if you don't get your water bill paid on time kitten puts you on a list for the war PD to harass you.
War resident

War, WV

#5 Jun 20, 2013
I know that a small town has limited income but water bills should not almost double. I am keeping track of my water usage now and I have complained, but nothing done.
Well

War, WV

#6 Jun 20, 2013
My electric bill has raised and I don't use no more juice that I did before. What's a going on with that?
Little Ricky

Hampstead, NC

#7 Jun 20, 2013
You people get everything else for free! What now you want your water and power for free! Suck it up and pay your way.
sweetheart

Richlands, VA

#8 Jun 20, 2013
Hey dumbass, nobody was saying they wanted anything for free! They are simply discussing the sudden increase in their bills. Most of the people on this forum are nice folks. Just b/c they live in War doesn't mean they are poor white trash that won't work & gets a free ride there "little" Ricky.
town

War, WV

#9 Jun 21, 2013
My water bill doubled this month.I am keeping an eye on how much water we are using i hope its not as much next month.i know there was a increase but my gosh double something is wrong hear.i for one hope to find out what it is.
water

War, WV

#10 Jun 21, 2013
whats up with the water bills being so high?we dont even drink this water we buy our water for coffee and drinking .it is a shame we have to deal with all this and not even able to use it.something needs to be done about this.way to high.
Am I wrong

War, WV

#11 Jun 21, 2013
Wasn't there an increase in sewer to?
War Resident

War, WV

#12 Jun 21, 2013
Am I wrong wrote:
Wasn't there an increase in sewer to?
I believe the sewer rate is based on water charges / use. I don't mind paying for water & sewer but I have lived in at least 6 different towns in WV over the last 30 years and this is the worst place for high charges and low quality water.
concerned

War, WV

#13 Jun 22, 2013
Little Ricky wrote:
You people get everything else for free! What now you want your water and power for free! Suck it up and pay your way.
hey little ricky some folks here are elderly and on a fixed income and they cant hardly make it its mean people like you that disgrace nice folks that live here and i am sure where you live that there are trash too i lived in n.c. and folks there was druggies and trash too. leave good folks along we have to live and this is where we choose to make our home so butt out you butthead
Also

War, WV

#14 Jun 24, 2013
It's not just the city of War. I get my water from the PSD and mine has increased these past several months. I was told by the psd there was a rate increase. Doesn't War buy from PSD? If so, then that is why it has increased.
Gran

Hampstead, NC

#15 Jun 25, 2013
I got tired of it and started dipping mine out of the creek in Caretta. Saving a lot of money.
double

War, WV

#16 Jun 26, 2013
my husband & I also work 5 days a week and for just 2 of us it was $120 for 1 month, for water that you cant even drink or use to cook with. If it keeps increasing we will be better off just moving
Truth

War, WV

#17 Jun 27, 2013
That's exactly what is going to happen with alot of the good people in this town if Kitten keeps raising our monthly bills. With all the nasty welfare people that just gather around our streets looking like they haven't had a bath in a week, it's not a town that's WORTH paying these prices! That's why most of the decent people move to Mercer or Tazewell county! She needs to clean up the street that DIRECTLY in front of her and stop robbing our pockets then maybe we'll have enough money to put BACK into our economy. Anything that this town tries to have good nasty dopeheads take over it then decent, clean people STOP joining the place/activity. Come on, Kitten REALLY don't know who the dopeheads are?! They deal and stagger right on the sidewalk.. What ever happened to Public Intoxication?!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

War Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New state record buck 15 min Forester 1
all the money the greatest 3 hr one more trucking... 6
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 3 hr Sundog512 17,138
4 Word Game (Sep '08) 4 hr honeymylove 2,767
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 4 hr Wolverine33 2,100
warriormines (Feb '10) 8 hr hollar girl 48 30
My nephew Nov 19 googler 3
War Dating
Find my Match

War People Search