Report: Tawana Brawley's family wants...

Report: Tawana Brawley's family wants revisit infamous NY case -

There are 276 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 18, 2007, titled Report: Tawana Brawley's family wants revisit infamous NY case -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Glenda Brawley and Ralph King want to press Gov. Eliot Spitzer and state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo to re-examine the November 1987 incident, which a state grand jury ultimately concluded was a hoax, the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Brawley Folley

Huntington, NY

#1 Nov 18, 2007
They lied in '87. They never answered press or grand jury questions honestly. Even as late as the Steven Pagones trial - Tawana never came clean.

What the %&^ do these liars want....
Al is not crazy

Kew Gardens, NY

#2 Nov 18, 2007
I'd be surprised if Al goes to bat this time.
Al S

Kew Gardens, NY

#3 Nov 18, 2007
Won't see me this time!
20 years later

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Nov 18, 2007
I wonder if they plan to put out a book and are doing this to bring their name back into the public eye?
Pataki where r u

New Hyde Park, NY

#6 Nov 18, 2007
Obviously governor Eliot Spitzer is their kind of governor ugh !

Just when you thought it couldn't get any stranger......
RealDeal

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Nov 18, 2007
Brawley Folley wrote:
They lied in '87. They never answered press or grand jury questions honestly. Even as late as the Steven Pagones trial - Tawana never came clean.
What the %&^ do these liars want....
They want money baby,...$$$$$$
JAG

Virginia Beach, VA

#9 Nov 18, 2007
Makes me wonder, why now?
VOR

Ronkonkoma, NY

#10 Nov 18, 2007
Now, this is one family that cannot be manipsnated.
Orca Winfrey

Harriman, NY

#11 Nov 18, 2007
Al Sharpton wants no part of this if DNA is involved, I can guarentee you that. He orchestrated this hoax, and in a pinch (literally) it was his feces that was used, you can still see the pieces of corn, chicken, and ribs in it......
Sensible One

Mahopac, NY

#12 Nov 18, 2007
Do you see what sociopathic behavior brings folks? More lies, more distorted nonsense because life has something these numbnuts cannot aspire to-RULES. All this is is Big Al dropping in on these characters after his DC March (attended by nobody...zzz) and drumming up a get-rich-quick scheme. And these low grade vermin just eat it up. Quote Tawana in 88,"I don't care what anybody says; I was raped.". People in normal life don't talk so arrogantly about a traumatic experience like that. It didn't resonate with truth back in 87 and it will ultimately be more embarrassing now. Give it a rest. Happy Anniversary.
krc1192006

Branchville, NJ

#13 Nov 18, 2007
What a better time to do it...20 Year anniversary. What about the (falsely) accused people who's lives were ruined by this?
professor

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Nov 18, 2007
It's good of the Brawley folks to remind us of the race-baiting scam they worked on us twenty years ago. Whenever Al Charlatan shows his face, the public should remember the Brawley hoax. Bring on the DNA testing!
You must be kidding

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Nov 18, 2007
Tawana and her family should wrap there car around a tree, Wake up america.but they are black so im sure they will get there way.
Garden City

AOL

#16 Nov 18, 2007
I remeber the press that Tawana got 20 years ago. The press gave her,Sharpton, Maddox and Mason free publicity. The whole incident was a hoax. But look, Sharpton still gets his name in the paper every day. We should burn the newspapers. Sharpton has no credibility in my book.
Sun Of The Beach

Bridgeport, CT

#17 Nov 18, 2007
These people are what was allegedly smeared on their demonized daughters face. Re open the case? At taxpayers expens?%$#^ them. These are
the idiots who weigh 350 pounds and tell you they are starving in America. These are the idiots who will tell you they are 300 years old. These are the jerks who blame everything on the white man, including the fact that over 80% of their children are born out of wedlock. Their babys fathers refusing to support their kids or
the babys mothers. These are the folks who commit over 80% of the violent crime in America and make up 12% of the population. These are the assholes who drag down the good black folks of this nation.
I would ask these Brawleys to do me a favor. From the bottom of my heart. DROP DEAD
R Tuffy
Jane from Babylon

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Nov 18, 2007
I read in the Newsday article where the family said they couldn't have come up with so much falseness, or they would have been millionaires. Duh, I thought the likes of Sharpton took over and handled all the details....he has unlimited resources and to this day continues to fill busses with protesters by offering them a free box lunch.
BLACK-I-AM

Staten Island, NY

#20 Nov 18, 2007
WHY ARE WHITES WISHING DEATH ON THE BRAWLEYS? EVEN IF IT WAS A HOAX, WHICH I DON'T THINK SO, NOBODY WAS KILLED AS A RESULT..THE ONLY HARM WAS TO TAWANA....WHITES ARE SO INSENSITIVE...IT IS THE DEVIL IN WHITES THAT CAUSES THEIR INSENSITIVITY TOWARDS BLACKS..
tax payer

Centereach, NY

#21 Nov 18, 2007
We get ripped off enough with all the taxes we pay. Expecting us to pay, yet again, for a wasterful re-examination of this incident is an outrage. Spitzer has made one bad choice after another, let's hope he makes the right choice this time.
BLACK-I-AM

Staten Island, NY

#22 Nov 18, 2007
WHY ARE WHITE FOLKS-AND DUMB NEGROES-HAVING A HARD TIME BELIEVING WHITE MEN RAPED TAWANA????? YOUR HISTORY SHOWS WHITES HAVE BEEN RAPING BLACK WOMEN SINCE WE CAME TO THE USA...WHITES HAVE BEEN THE GREATEST LIARS AND RAPISTS THIS PLANET HAS EVER KNOWN...THE EVIDENCE IS OVERWHELMING TO ME!!!!!!!!
Barry Bonds

Ronkonkoma, NY

#23 Nov 18, 2007
Then why are all my fellow black athletes marrying white women?
BLACK-I-AM wrote:
WHY ARE WHITE FOLKS-AND DUMB NEGROES-HAVING A HARD TIME BELIEVING WHITE MEN RAPED TAWANA????? YOUR HISTORY SHOWS WHITES HAVE BEEN RAPING BLACK WOMEN SINCE WE CAME TO THE USA...WHITES HAVE BEEN THE GREATEST LIARS AND RAPISTS THIS PLANET HAS EVER KNOWN...THE EVIDENCE IS OVERWHELMING TO ME!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wappingers Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rebuilding black-Jewish relations? (Feb '09) Tue Wakeup 102
News Black women at West Point caught up in photo co... May 16 Spotted Girl 4
News Hate-crime charges dropped against boys accused... May 14 2 Dogs 2
Peter Roper (Jan '11) May 12 Derby 2
North Miller st? Is this one of newburghs worst st (Oct '06) Apr '16 Mike 302
News Wilma "Jean" White Apr '16 Sheri Lynn 1
News Veolia Wastewater System Management Saves City ... Apr '16 Sheri Lynn 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wappingers Falls Mortgages