Auglaize river Logjam Project.

Auglaize river Logjam Project.

Posted in the Wapakoneta Forum

Outdoorsman

Whitehouse, OH

#1 Mar 16, 2012
How do you feel about this project to increase flow by removing logjams and bankline trees?
twocents

Whitehouse, OH

#2 Mar 18, 2012
Well. Its a ramrod project. The removal of all trees that lean at a 45 degree angle Will be most of them. Trees naturally lean toward available light. The banklines will erode withouth those treeroots. This will happen in a rapid un-natural speed. Most likely causing breaches to flood more areas. The erosion will set the new bankline against new trees and they will lean to get more light. That process can only be stopped by un natural stone or gravel or dikes. So the river is undergoing a transformation to a ditch.
If they want to remove some logjams good deal. But that wont prevent flooding.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 26, 2012
It sure would be nice to see some of the same effort going towards policing the pollution in the river.
Man

Perrysburg, OH

#4 Mar 31, 2012
Javamug wrote:
It sure would be nice to see some of the same effort going towards policing the pollution in the river.
Well since the project is working hand in hand with ODNR and other agencies, you would think that it would be cost effective to examine the pollution sources at the same time and truly enhance the river. I know that may be a view the self interest group might find hard to comprehend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wapakoneta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Spencer (Oct '14) 3 hr off the hook 3
Hookers among us. 7 hr off the hook 4
Anyone else collect nudes of girls Thu DNS 19
Snitch Thu Jaxson 8
News Bikers pour into Salem (Jul '15) May 24 What about 3
Randy Conley May 21 Cathy 1
Melson May 13 Really 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wapakoneta Mortgages