Auglaize group opposes turbines

Auglaize group opposes turbines

There are 128 comments on the Lima News story from Feb 11, 2012, titled Auglaize group opposes turbines. In it, Lima News reports that:

They dot the landscape north of Van Wert, but in Auglaize County a group of residents is banding together to keep wind turbines away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lima News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
just

United States

#1 Feb 13, 2012
Glad one county is smart around here!
so do tell

Fort Jennings, OH

#2 Feb 13, 2012
just wrote:
Glad one county is smart around here!
So, why don't you give us valid reasons for being against clean energy sources instead of stuff like nuclear power plants that may leak radiation and burning coal to pollute the air? Are you nuts?
just

United States

#3 Feb 13, 2012
so do tell wrote:
<quoted text>So, why don't you give us valid reasons for being against clean energy sources instead of stuff like nuclear power plants that may leak radiation and burning coal to pollute the air? Are you nuts?
your not a farm ground owner I assume and don't have a clue how much coal and oil it took to make them and to get them here. Buy some land and let the Spainards put that junk on your ground!
really

Lima, OH

#4 Feb 13, 2012
so do tell wrote:
<quoted text>So, why don't you give us valid reasons for being against clean energy sources instead of stuff like nuclear power plants that may leak radiation and burning coal to pollute the air? Are you nuts?
them turbines are nothin more than wasted space and money...they costs so much to make that the little trickle of electric they do produce would take 200 hundred or more years to to even pay for 1 of them ....get ur head out of obamas ass and wake up....u have been totally decieved by al gore and the rest of them no goods from washington....bottm line....go to gbtv.com and get some real truth........
double dipper

Lima, OH

#5 Feb 13, 2012
What you talkin''bout Willis? I own farm ground that I lease to someone who actually knows how to farm. I also have 3 turbines on the ground. I love the income!!!! I find lots of folks who are against 'em, but they aren't making any money off 'em.
Why do we have so many wind turbines? Because Ohio blows - the adjoining states suck.
Frank

United States

#6 Feb 13, 2012
Another green energy scam funded by the taxpayers that will go bankrupt eventually. Better be in the scrap business when they do.
WTF

Columbus, OH

#7 Feb 13, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>them turbines are nothin more than wasted space and money...they costs so much to make that the little trickle of electric they do produce would take 200 hundred or more years to to even pay for 1 of them ....get ur head out of obamas ass and wake up....u have been totally decieved by al gore and the rest of them no goods from washington....bottm line....go to gbtv.com and get some real truth........
Your post is so well written you obviously are far more intelligent than the rest of us. Thanks for the great info. I'm sure Glen Beck and all the others who brainwash you love to see people like you spread the ministry of ignorance. You better hurry up and turn on Rush or Fox News, you might miss some quality information.
really

Lima, OH

#8 Feb 13, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is so well written you obviously are far more intelligent than the rest of us. Thanks for the great info. I'm sure Glen Beck and all the others who brainwash you love to see people like you spread the ministry of ignorance. You better hurry up and turn on Rush or Fox News, you might miss some quality information.
please dont associate good people with obamas main sream scripted news...all you half to do is look it up urself...
a3dissapator

Lima, OH

#9 Feb 15, 2012
i see nobody has mentioned property value...these do not increase they only devalue...our has is so close to 3 of these turbines it messes with our phone and internet n cable,basically,if you have satallite feed for anything..u will be interupted..we cant sell our house cause of the devalue of our 5 acres...we have tried 2 different reality companys from van wert [reputible ones]they will not even list it..we dont have these on our lands,its the greedy misinformed farmer who has them all around us...the good lord put coal and other things here for us to use,i am glad to hear auglaize co. will not ruin there property values over nothin that will ever help you in the first place.
why

Lima, OH

#10 Feb 15, 2012
if they did help,dont you all think you would see even the slightest relief on your electric bills
just

United States

#11 Feb 15, 2012
why wrote:
if they did help,dont you all think you would see even the slightest relief on your electric bills
no none if goes to any of the state. Most counties see a 25 to 40 percent increase in their electric bills that have a wind farm.

Kennesaw71

Since: Mar 11

Acworth, GA

#12 Feb 26, 2012
The First Great Wind Rush

The year was 1981. Congress enacted financial incentives to support the wind industry in California and elsewhere. This was the first era of modern day wind called The Great California Wind Rush. It was short lived however and in 1985 all the financial incentives were withdrawn and the whole Large Wind Power industry collapsed. The business model can not work without taxpayer subsidies and incentives and without this the business model is completely unworkable.

In 1985 in Altamont Pass, San Gorgonio Pass and Tehachapi Pass more than 14,000 wind turbines that had been built between 1981 and 1985 were quickly abandoned by the Large Wind Farm developers. They still stand there today almost 30 years later, unworkable, rusted and broken. A complete failure in public policy by the Government.

Kennesaw71

Since: Mar 11

Acworth, GA

#13 Feb 26, 2012
The Second Great Wind Rush

It was the decade of the 90’s and the wool was about to be pulled over the American taxpayer’s eyes once again. This time by a multibillion dollar politically connected corporation called Enron headed by the late infamous Ken Lay. He saw this failed public policy as an opportunity to reap tens of billions of dollars at the expense of hard working taxpayers. Enron with the help of Ken Lay’s leadership, who’s scams cost innocent people their life savings, set in motion a plan to lobby Congress. They disguised their plan as an environmentally friendly “renewable energy” project, and packaged it in with their “electricity deregulation” lobbying and political maneuvering efforts. Their efforts worked and they got laws passed at both the state and federal levels. These laws would do the following

1.) Permit them to tie into the grid
2.) Require utilities to buy the unreliable and unpredictable electricity under “Renewable Portfolio Standards”
3.) Allow them to sell “Renewable Energy Certificates” separate and apart from the electricity
4.) Provide them with an inflation-adjusted 10-year “Production Tax Credit” that now equals $.019/kWh
5.) Allow tax write-off of the 20-year project cost using an accelerated 5-year double-declining balance method (40% per year)

These subsidies are costing taxpayers and utility ratepayers in America to this day over $1 BILLION per year!

Even after Enron’s mile long lists of fraud were exposed and they declared bankruptcy and as millions of people lost their life savings because of Ken Lay and Enron, the Large Wind Energy business lived on. General Electric (GE) purchased Enron’s wind turbine manufacturing business, while Florida Power and Light (FPL) purchased Enron’s wind farm projects and adopted their business model. Florida Power and Light (FPL) has carried on Enron’s tradition of lobbying Congress to get what they want and according to the political watchdog group Opensecrets.org the $26 billion corporation has spent $30 million lobbying members of Congress since 1998.
Own eyes

Toledo, OH

#14 Feb 26, 2012
Kennesaw71 wrote:
The First Great Wind Rush
The year was 1981. Congress enacted financial incentives to support the wind industry in California and elsewhere. This was the first era of modern day wind called The Great California Wind Rush. It was short lived however and in 1985 all the financial incentives were withdrawn and the whole Large Wind Power industry collapsed. The business model can not work without taxpayer subsidies and incentives and without this the business model is completely unworkable.
In 1985 in Altamont Pass, San Gorgonio Pass and Tehachapi Pass more than 14,000 wind turbines that had been built between 1981 and 1985 were quickly abandoned by the Large Wind Farm developers. They still stand there today almost 30 years later, unworkable, rusted and broken. A complete failure in public policy by the Government.
I would like to know who told you these wind farms are not in operation. I actually saw the Tehachapi Pass farm in 1996, Altamont Pass in 2000, and San Gorgonio Pass in 2008, and all in working condition.
Own eyes

Toledo, OH

#15 Feb 26, 2012
Kennesaw71 wrote:
The Second Great Wind Rush
It was the decade of the 90’s and the wool was about to be pulled over the American taxpayer’s eyes once again. This time by a multibillion dollar politically connected corporation called Enron headed by the late infamous Ken Lay. He saw this failed public policy as an opportunity to reap tens of billions of dollars at the expense of hard working taxpayers. Enron with the help of Ken Lay’s leadership, who’s scams cost innocent people their life savings, set in motion a plan to lobby Congress. They disguised their plan as an environmentally friendly “renewable energy” project, and packaged it in with their “electricity deregulation” lobbying and political maneuvering efforts. Their efforts worked and they got laws passed at both the state and federal levels. These laws would do the following
1.) Permit them to tie into the grid
2.) Require utilities to buy the unreliable and unpredictable electricity under “Renewable Portfolio Standards”
3.) Allow them to sell “Renewable Energy Certificates” separate and apart from the electricity
4.) Provide them with an inflation-adjusted 10-year “Production Tax Credit” that now equals $.019/kWh
5.) Allow tax write-off of the 20-year project cost using an accelerated 5-year double-declining balance method (40% per year)
These subsidies are costing taxpayers and utility ratepayers in America to this day over $1 BILLION per year!
Even after Enron’s mile long lists of fraud were exposed and they declared bankruptcy and as millions of people lost their life savings because of Ken Lay and Enron, the Large Wind Energy business lived on. General Electric (GE) purchased Enron’s wind turbine manufacturing business, while Florida Power and Light (FPL) purchased Enron’s wind farm projects and adopted their business model. Florida Power and Light (FPL) has carried on Enron’s tradition of lobbying Congress to get what they want and according to the political watchdog group Opensecrets.org the $26 billion corporation has spent $30 million lobbying members of Congress since 1998.
Agreed, Enron was a bunch of politically tied crooks. Who were they tied to ???? hmmm, they were from Texas, Houston I think, oh thats right the Bush family. Watch the movie "Enron, The Smartest Guys in the Room" Great movie, shows how Enron screwed people over and how close "Kenny Boy" Lay was to George W. He was even rumored to be up for Energy Secretary under George W.
the facts

Homeworth, OH

#16 Feb 26, 2012
we have been subsidizing big oil for decades while other countries have long ago redirected their efforts toward renewable energy - in Germany today, a sizeable chunk of their energy is now produced by wind turbines and, as the following link illustrates, they are advancing in solar as well - we'll never be independent of foreign oil and away from being at the mercy of big oil until we use those subsidies to advance renewable energy, of which there is NO limit to the supply
http://solarenergyfactsblog.com/what-if-solar...
then

Lima, OH

#17 Feb 26, 2012
once again...,what good are they if there is no relief on our electric bills??????????only increases and devalued property....wtf.....how is this helpful to anyone but the companys who build them and the gullable farmer who allows it to happen....u all dumbass farmers need a swift kik in the teeth
just

United States

#18 Feb 26, 2012
then wrote:
once again...,what good are they if there is no relief on our electric bills??????????only increases and devalued property....wtf.....how is this helpful to anyone but the companys who build them and the gullable farmer who allows it to happen....u all dumbass farmers need a swift kik in the teeth
agreed. I would rather subsidize our big oil companies than to subsidize Spain and the other companies that own these windmills. Cost 2 million a piece and can only run 5 percent of a large office buildings a year. All if the green energy companies are already bankrupt,closed, or laying off. We aren't getting anything but higher taxes and electric bills from these eyesores.
now

Lima, OH

#19 Feb 26, 2012
i am a paulding putnam customer,by force not choice...this month my bill is up almost 90dollars more than normal...i burn wood and my house is never under 80degrees...the only answer i can get is that we all half to pay to help these no good windmills get paid for and up and running,why i say why am i now being forced to make sumone else rich over sum bs al gore theory of global warming...bs...god made a perfect planet not junk...f all u green idiots ..u are now my enemy as much as a towel head
Kennesaw71

United States

#20 Feb 28, 2012
I hear the landowners in Van Wert are finding out the hard way the derricks they use to set up the turbines weigh ONE MILLION POUNDS.(Literally)
This might not mean jack squat to you shlubs that don't have two nickels to rub together (but are all for these windmills). But this will be noteworthy to a landowner whose paid for drainage tile to be installed.
Furthermore there's a Van Wert contractor that's been told to only reconnect every third tile line that gets cut off to bury electric wire. That's on good word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wapakoneta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fight at lulus 5 hr Bill 5
Stephanie charels? (Jun '17) Jan 11 Lelo 42
Stephanie charels Jan 5 Beck 16
Brianna Bryant Dec 31 Brianna 4
Christian Lones Dec 29 Charles 4
Dave bell-LOSER Dec 29 Fakt 5
Jerking off while driving Dec 26 Brent 5

Wapakoneta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance