Army says no to more tanks, but Congr...

Army says no to more tanks, but Congress insists

There are 26 comments on the MilitaryCity.com story from Apr 28, 2013, titled Army says no to more tanks, but Congress insists. In it, MilitaryCity.com reports that:

Lawmakers from both parties have devoted nearly half a billion dollars in taxpayer money over the past two years to build improved versions of the 70-ton Abrams, which the Army refers to with a moniker that befits their heft: the M1A2SEPv2.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MilitaryCity.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Richmond, IN

#1 Apr 28, 2013
Tanks are obsolete and this is a waste of money!

Since: Oct 08

#2 Apr 28, 2013
and the a-holes who are pushing these tank (factory at Lima Ohio) are two repukican deficit hawks. As usual they only preach deficits when it doesn't affect their district or state. Scumbags both.

Since: Dec 07

Frankston, TX

#3 Apr 28, 2013
Skuttlebutt wrote:
and the a-holes who are pushing these tank (factory at Lima Ohio) are two repukican deficit hawks. As usual they only preach deficits when it doesn't affect their district or state. Scumbags both.
Yet in the case of the Abrams tank, there’s a bipartisan push to spend an extra $436 million on a weapon the experts explicitly say is not needed.

The republicans don't preach deficits, they preach not spending over what we take in...

What we want cut from the budget is baby momma with four kids from four different daddies spending their EBT cards at Burger King.....

You could by 100 new fighter jets..

Idiot.

Frankston, TX

#4 Apr 28, 2013
Skuttlebutt wrote:
So explain to us, genius...about the dem congressmen voting against the gun bill last month....after their consitutents warned them they would not vote for them in 2014 if they voted for it??

Hyporicte! LMAO
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#5 Apr 29, 2013
Ohio welfare trash be it baby mommas or tank makers
The country would be a better place without that money toilet
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#6 Apr 29, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
So explain to us, genius...about the dem congressmen voting against the gun bill last month....after their consitutents warned them they would not vote for them in 2014 if they voted for it??
Hyporicte! LMAO
and that has exactly what to do with buying unneeded tanks that the army doesnt want with $$ we borrowed from china all while people scream how we need to lower the debt?

I'll answer for you; Nothing, it has absolutly nothing to do with the topic at hand.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Apr 29, 2013
napalitano isn't happy with her 3000 urban assault vehicles and needs these to let her DHS goons enforce her and obama edicts. An M1 on every street corner coming your way soon.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#8 Apr 29, 2013
Maybe station all those tanks at the Ohio state line, then cut off welfare and let the trash fight it out while contained
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#9 Apr 29, 2013
Brian wrote:
Maybe station all those tanks at the Ohio state line, then cut off welfare and let the trash fight it out while contained
Maybe we should use them to surround Chicago as im sure there is more trash there than all of Ohio.

PS: I am/live in ohio

Since: Oct 08

#10 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Hyporicte! LMAO
what does the gun bill have to do with tank...typical liberal moron can't stay on subject.

Frankston, TX

#11 Apr 29, 2013
Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
and that has exactly what to do with buying unneeded tanks that the army doesnt want with $$ we borrowed from china all while people scream how we need to lower the debt?
I'll answer for you; Nothing, it has absolutly nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Absolutley....the other bozo was talking about republicans voting to keep the tanks going to protect their jobs...their constituents work at these places...

The dems who voted against the gun bill did so to protect THEIR jobs as their constituents warned them.

Try to keep up, bozo.

Frankston, TX

#12 Apr 29, 2013
Skuttlebutt wrote:
<quoted text>
what does the gun bill have to do with tank...typical liberal moron can't stay on subject.
Read the above post, pinhead. I'm not a liberal....can't stand their tax-spend economics, their blame game and hypocrisy.

You referred to republicans keeping their jobs, I referred to hypocritical demorat politicians NOT following party lines in the gun bill to protect THEIR jobs. Rural voters warned democrat politicians not to vote for it.

Same thing..........you people are as funny as a fart in a space suit.

Frankston, TX

#13 Apr 29, 2013
Skuttlebutt wrote:
repukican?????? You sound like a liberal moron!! LMAO
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#14 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Absolutley....the other bozo was talking about republicans voting to keep the tanks going to protect their jobs...their constituents work at these places...
The dems who voted against the gun bill did so to protect THEIR jobs as their constituents warned them.
Try to keep up, bozo.
Im the bozo yet i am not the only one here whom didnt understand what you were trying to say. Maybe if you use complete senteces and try to not be so smug, and better articulate your points, you might not get called out of them.

That would be common sense, but not for you bozo.(see i can do it too but it gets you/us no where)
Freedom

Phelps, KY

#15 Apr 29, 2013
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
Tanks are obsolete and this is a waste of money!
Tanks are obsolete if used on other Nations. their not obsolete here in America. just like homeland security don't need 10 times more ammunition than the entire us Military. their only one reason this Nation needs Tanks and very large amounts of Ammunition for Homeland Security.

Frankston, TX

#16 Apr 29, 2013
Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Im the bozo yet i am not the only one here whom didnt understand what you were trying to say. Maybe if you use complete senteces and try to not be so smug, and better articulate your points, you might not get called out of them.
That would be common sense, but not for you bozo.(see i can do it too but it gets you/us no where)
LMAO..........a grammer nazi after he get's smacked...

Keep 'em coming....bozo.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#17 Apr 29, 2013
get smacked? I again am not sure what you are refering to as you do a piss more job of trying to make your point. You type a bunch of jabber and me as well as other question what it is you are acutally trying to say and you see the responce you give?

At this point, it doesnt matter if you would have been right or wrong because its apparent that you cant articulate what you are trying to say into comprehensible words. And when asked that you try to do so, you start with the "You R BoZ0!!! HAHA Get SMACKED"

So not only does you grammer seem like it was written by a junior high kid, you debate like one too.

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#18 Apr 29, 2013
If we shut down The M1 production lines then how will Obama be able to give to our frenemies,like Egypt?

All B/S aside,we developed the Abrahms in responce to a cold war threat. It is too big,too expensive and advanced for the asymetrical warfare we have fought this last ten years. Tank heavy armored divisions have their place in a modern Army but not to the point of becoming hampered with such beasties with really limited roles. We could mothball maybe 1/2 of what we have and go to lighter fighting vehicles that would be more versatile in the kind of warfare we can expect in the future.
Lamer

Norwalk, OH

#19 Apr 29, 2013
okimar wrote:
If we shut down The M1 production lines then how will Obama be able to give to our frenemies,like Egypt?
All B/S aside,we developed the Abrahms in responce to a cold war threat. It is too big,too expensive and advanced for the asymetrical warfare we have fought this last ten years. Tank heavy armored divisions have their place in a modern Army but not to the point of becoming hampered with such beasties with really limited roles. We could mothball maybe 1/2 of what we have and go to lighter fighting vehicles that would be more versatile in the kind of warfare we can expect in the future.
pretty much. We have bombs that can destroy whole columns of our own Abrahms right now. Apaches with a LongBow in there will also be just as effective against armor. What we need is more programmers/hackers as well as the government changing their view on some of these types of characters as they are hard to recruit if you are trying to put them in prisons. As much as the civil liberties crowd might not like it, drones are also coming to a town near you. Whether military or civilian the technology is to cheap/effective to not use. And space, that is where our long term military superiority should be focused.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#20 Apr 29, 2013
Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should use them to surround Chicago as im sure there is more trash there than all of Ohio.
PS: I am/live in ohio
yep and on welfare
Ohio trash

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wapakoneta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leroy Conley crack head or nah? Jul 24 Carmon 2
Stephanie charels? Jul 24 Forreal 23
Worst attorney in lima Jul 23 Yogaba 1
Name crackheads in lima Jul 23 Yogaba 1
Do you know the Pasleys Jul 19 HottieDottie 1
New in town Jul 18 dogswithfleasrtight 4
Shoot out at Marcos Jul 14 Carl the 3rd 2

Wapakoneta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance